2018 Castaway Cay 5k Challenge

I’ve done the free run at least three times and we have never once been first off the ship. We have been in line right along with all the beach goers.

And family can get off with the runners anyway, as far as I know. And definitely as I have experienced.

Only time runners have been first off when I’m sailing is when I did the extra-fee run on the specific sailing after January marathon weekend. And that meant getting off the ship in the dark.
So pretty much me and my family will get off together then?

So pretty much me and my family will get off together then?

I have participated in the run twice. Here's how it works: when you board the ship, go straight to guest services and sign up. I've never found guest services to be very busy. You will receive a ticket to attend and the morning of, you meet at a specific time (8 ish, can't remember the exact time) at one of the lounges on the ship. There you will get a bib and information about the run, including the map overview. As a group, you will get off the ship. It is at this time that others are also allowed to get off the ship, so your family should get off the ship as close to your time (8:30ish) as possible. The start line is past the main shops, it also serves as the finish line, and if there's any confusion there's plenty of people to ask. Be sure to use the bathroom on the way to the start line! There aren't any on the course itself.
Hope that helps.

I have a cruise planned for April 2019 and I'd like to do the CastAway Cay 5K. do you still get a medal if its not during marathon weekend and does anyone know what it looks like?

I have a cruise planned for April 2019 and I'd like to do the CastAway Cay 5K. do you still get a medal if its not during marathon weekend and does anyone know what it looks like?
It's the rubber medallion. I think this is the one for 2018 (pic from eBay...lol at someone trying to sell a free medallion):
s-l1600.jpg

We're hoping to do this over Thanksgiving week later this year. Is this something to sign up before, or waiting until we board? Thanks!

We're hoping to do this over Thanksgiving week later this year. Is this something to sign up before, or waiting until we board? Thanks!
You sign up on the ship. There will be info in the Navigator, but normally the sign-up is at Guest Services.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter