2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.

disdad70

Earning My Ears
Quick Dining Plan
$52.50 per person per night ages 10+ (+$4.31 versus 2017)
$21.75 per person per night ages 3-9 (+$0.76 versus 2017)

Regular Dining Plan
$75.49 per person per night ages 10+ (+$6.13 versus 2017)
$25.75 per person per night ages 3-9 (+$0.81 versus 2017)

Deluxe Dining plan
$116.25 per person per night ages 10+ (+$9.57 versus 2017)
$39.99 per person per night age 3-9 (+$1.24 versus 2017)

*Estimates based upon comparing prices with and without the dining plans and divided by the number of adults/children per room, and then by the number of nights. Rounded to the nearest penny.

Quick Dining Plan

Regular Dining Plan

Deluxe Dining plan

*Estimates based upon comparing prices with and without the dining plans and divided by the number of adults/children per room, and then by the number of nights. Rounded to the nearest penny.

Am I reading correctly that this is your estimate, based on the math you described, not an amount announced by Disney?
Just want to clearly understand

That's was a great breakdown of the price increase - thanks so much! I took a look at what we're getting for the price increase.

Quick Dining Plan: 2 extra QS alcoholic drinks

Regular Dining Plan: 1 QS alcoholic drink + 1 TS alcoholic drink

Deluxe Dining plan: 3 TS/QS alcoholic drinks

Also, keep in mind that the non-alcoholic specialty drinks were always included. So say you previously had a non-alcoholic drink worth $4. Now, you have an alcoholic drink worth $10 instead. So only a $6 increase instead of the whole $10 increase in value. Also, prices for kids have gone up with nothing new added. And all those Disney adults between 9 and 20 paying the increase for alcoholic drinks they can't have.

Last edited:
So, this doesn't apply to me yet because all my kids are <10, but can you use your kids' alcoholic beverages (God, that question seems so strange).

Let's say you grab your QS meal and you grab a beer with it. Obviously your 10 year old isn't getting a beer. Can you get them a regularge beverage and order another drink for yourself? (If you wanted to drink that much).

For quick service and alcohol - I imagine they will require each person to be present and produce appropriate ID for the alcoholic beverage. And limit one PP (my best guess)

Will be interesting to see the actual mechanics of how this will be executed

Do all QS serve alcohol? They won't have the mixed cocktails I wager, so automatically the perceived alcohol value goes down

And pregnant adults, and nursing adults and adults who don't drink.

Frankly, I think this was a great idea, if it was optional.

I only drink occasionally so count me in that boat. That said, we also only have sodas occasionally and certainly not at every meal - even when we are on DDP. So we never maxed out the beverage value anyway. maybe they'll let us switch drinks for snacks again now?

Deluxe Dining plan: 3 TS alcoholic drinks
This is misleading. Or, at least, it always bugs me. The Deluxe plan doesn't have TS or QS credits; just meal credits. There's no distinction.
Like everything on the dining plan, it is optional. Well, optional to use it. Everybody pays for it. I suspect this change will spur a lot of the normal debate. "I wish there was a plan with two TS and a QS." There is, it's called the deluxe plan. "No, one that's less expensive than that; one that exactly matches my specific desires." The dining plans are made to be flexible on redemption, not on purchase. They make things "easy," not cheap.

How about the fancier items like flights compared to a beer or regular glass of wine? Will they be included or do you pay a premium on top of the credit?

I am sure Disney is happy to charge $4 and $6 more for something not everyone will use. Or that people had been receiving for "free" (milkshakes) to maximize a dining credit.

Also, keep in mind that the non-alcoholic specialty drinks were always included. So say you previously had a non-alcoholic drink worth $4. Now, you have an alcoholic drink worth $10 instead. So only a $6 increase instead of the whole $10 increase in value. Also, prices for kids have gone up with nothing new added. And all those Disney adults between 9 and 20 paying the increase for alcoholic drinks they can't have.

Actually there is ....
- Artisanal Milkshakes
- Fresh Smoothies
- Premium Hot Chocolate

The milkshakes alone could qualify for a nice dessert. The question will be is how many locations, especially QS will offer these options. Kids can come out ahead if they are getting these drinks.

And pregnant adults, and nursing adults and adults who don't drink.

For the minimal increase, there are still nice offerings above for non-drinkers so it could be a real plus. I think what Disney is doing is solidifying their target market ... adults ... adults who spend money on drinks.

Do all QS serve alcohol? They won't have the mixed cocktails I wager, so automatically the perceived alcohol value goes down

And this is where Magic Kingdom becomes a huge void for the Dining Plan .............. and I can totally see beer/wine being added to MK QS restaurants. Folks are paying for something that they can not obtain there and Disney will hear about it ....

Last edited:
This is misleading. Or, at least, it always bugs me. The Deluxe plan doesn't have TS or QS credits; just meal credits. There's no distinction.

Deluxe Dining plan: 3 TS/QS alcoholic drinks

Edited it for you :) Although if you use DXDDP for a QS meal, you're definitely losing money and so you won't really care about these minor details anyway. (and yes, I totally understand the situations where it makes sense to use DX credits for a QS meals).

Still, most people buy dining plans to "save money". Recently, DDP values have been so bad, sales must have been falling (even with the diehards who are ok paying a little extra for dining plans because they are "convenient").

Actually there is ....
- Artisanal Milkshakes
- Fresh Smoothies
- Premium Hot Chocolate

The milkshakes alone could qualify for a nice dessert. The question will be is how many locations, especially QS will offer these options. Kids can come out ahead if they are getting these drinks.

For the minimal increase, there are still nice offerings above for non-drinkers so it could be a real plus. I think what Disney is doing is solidifying their target market ... adults ... adults who spend money on drinks.

And this is where Magic Kingdom becomes a huge void for the Dining Plan .............. and I can totally see beer/wine being added to MK QS restaurants. Folks are paying for something that they can not obtain there and Disney will hear about it ....

But in general, you've typically always been able to get these as a beverage entitlement. Think of the milkshakes at Sci Fi, bottomless milkshakes at Whispering Canyon Cafe, smoothies at Sanaa, and non-alcoholic pina coladas at places like the Turf Club. That said, I don't think smoothies/milkshakes/slushies counted as beverages at QS places (so that's an improvement).

I'm quite happy about the change & I just posted the same sentiment on DFB and I agree. People will want their drink in MK. I think this is a graceful way for WDW to introduce beer & wine in to MK QS restaurants. :banana:

I think some of it will come down to implementation - for example, do some of the currently not-included non-alcholoic "specialty drinks" (often with the clip-on light) get included with this?

As for the price increases... ages 3-9 increase is very modest, not at all out of line with the normal annual increases, possibly even less on a percentage basis. Adults seem to be a bit more... as if they're pricing in one specialty drink/night for QSDP and DDP, and two for DxDP, but not quite by that much in any of those cases. DxDP actually is barely more than it was 2 years ago, before it dropped in price for 2017 (at least at first).

My gut check feeling is still the same - if paying for it outright (as opposed to a free dining, et. al., promotion), QSDP and DDP are only good value if you have at least as many kids as adults, DxDP continues to be a good value if it fits your dining style.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!