2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
You are the first person to come back and say they could do this with the REGULAR 1 TS, 1 QS, 2 snacks per night plan. Did you ever check your receipts and see if they said x adult, x child credits used or remaining? Would love to see a screen shot of some of your receipts.
No. I didn’t keep my receipts. I decided to try it after we ate at T-Rex. My 6 year old wanted something off the regular menu and the server said she could order anything because the meals were just pooled credits, not designated child or adult. We never once had anyone tell us different over the next 10 days. I know it worked because only 2 credits were deducted on the meals we did this on. And our plan did not say child credits anywhere on it. We paid for our plan, it was not the free dining so maybe that’s the difference. I’ll know after our next trip. We got free dining this time for bounce back.

No. I didn’t keep my receipts. I decided to try it after we ate at T-Rex. My 6 year old wanted something off the regular menu and the server said she could order anything because the meals were just pooled credits, not designated child or adult. We never once had anyone tell us different over the next 10 days. I know it worked because only 2 credits were deducted on the meals we did this on. And our plan did not say child credits anywhere on it. We paid for our plan, it was not the free dining so maybe that’s the difference. I’ll know after our next trip. We got free dining this time for bounce back.

Free or paid makes no difference; the servers have no way of knowing how you got the plan. Are you sure you had the regular plan and not the deluxe plan? One TS and one QS each day?

Free or paid makes no difference; the servers have no way of knowing how you got the plan. Are you sure you had the regular plan and not the deluxe plan? One TS and one QS each day?
100% sure. We did not want the deluxe because it’s so hard to book TS around a busy day of rides. It just happened that Irma came and the parks were empty. All the extra dining we did was walk in. Even when we ate at California Grill we just went to the desk and within 10 minutes we were on the elevator.

Hmmm, it almost sounds like dxdp. With that plan there are no qs or child credits, they are all pooled together into one bank of credits. Can be used for adult meals or child meals anywhere

100% sure. We did not want the deluxe because it’s so hard to book TS around a busy day of rides. It just happened that Irma came and the parks were empty. All the extra dining we did was walk in. Even when we ate at California Grill we just went to the desk and within 10 minutes we were on the elevator.

That little tidbit provides a clue. Perhaps this was just some extra pixie dust in the wake of Irma and/or they all had food they needed to use or lose, so they didn't care.

Please share your experience in the future (including the timing of Irma) with caution. This is definitely NOT the norm. TS credits on the regular DDP are always separated into adult/child and using child credits to get adult meals has never been allowed.

That little tidbit provides a clue. Perhaps this was just some extra pixie dust in the wake of Irma and/or they all had food they needed to use or lose, so they didn't care.

Please share your experience in the future (including the timing of Irma) with caution. This is definitely NOT the norm. TS credits on the regular DDP are always separated into adult/child and using child credits to get adult meals has never been allowed.
Probably so but, my old dining plan looked different. Here is our next one for September 2018 .....
Dining Plan: 2018 Disney Dining Plan Table Service Meal - Adult (TBX), 2018 Disney Dining Plan Table Service Meal - Child (TBX), 2018 Disney Dining Plan 1 Quick Service Meal (TBX)
Here is the one from September 2017 .....
Dining Plan: 2017 Quick Service Meals, 2017 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2017 Table Service Meals - Child

Here is my actual reservation. Note it does NOT say child or adult ...

Thank you for booking at WALT DISNEY WORLD Resort! (Confirmation #11081753) - jimmyceraso@gmail.jpg

Now yes the ones on my MDE say Adult and Child but the old one did not have the (TBX) next to it. Now I have no idea what that means lol. But maybe they were doing that because of Irma. On our last day (we booked 1 additional) our plan stopped working all together. I did have this receipt from Pesco Bills. Note the meal was voided but I can assure you we ate it all :)
IMG_2282.jpg

Also a little bit of more magic happened. We got these for a few days in addition to our regular FP selections without asking. We really didn't need them but we did ride a few rides back to back.

IMG_1980.PNG IMG_1981.PNG

January will be our first time on the dining plan and I was a little thrown with my 17 year old being listed as a child for the dining plan. Is this normal? Disney told me it was and assured me that it was actually an adult plan.

Here is our next one for September 2018 .....
Dining Plan: 2018 Disney Dining Plan Table Service Meal - Adult (TBX), 2018 Disney Dining Plan Table Service Meal - Child (TBX), 2018 Disney Dining Plan 1 Quick Service Meal (TBX)
Here is the one from September 2017 .....
Dining Plan: 2017 Quick Service Meals, 2017 Table Service Meals - Adult, 2017 Table Service Meals - Child

The 2018 one is how everyone's has looked for some time now, and no one knows what that TBX means. The 2017 one looks strange.
Pecos Bill is a QS, and the adult/child meals are "pooled" for QS, so I'm not surprised at that one. I hope you will try to get a TS meal with your child credit again next year. Please let us know if it works for you again.

January will be our first time on the dining plan and I was a little thrown with my 17 year old being listed as a child for the dining plan. Is this normal? Disney told me it was and assured me that it was actually an adult plan.

Your 17 yr old is still a child for resort purposes. Once they turn 18, you'll have to pay the extra adult in room charge if they go with you and there are two other adults. Rest assured, that they do have the adult dining plan.

Sounds like Jimmy was taking his kid’s table service and was using them for adult QS. I had never really thought about that, but a $25 QS is a better use than a $10 TS kids meal. Especially useful if alcohol could be involved in 2018. I know the golden rule is to never use TS credits for QS, but you know what they say about rules...

Sounds like Jimmy was taking his kid’s table service and was using them for adult QS. I had never really thought about that, but a $25 QS is a better use than a $10 TS kids meal. Especially useful if alcohol could be involved in 2018. I know the golden rule is to never use TS credits for QS, but you know what they say about rules...

Based on his quote below, I don't think they were using kid TS credits to get adult QS meals. It very much sounds like they were getting adult TS meals:

I decided to try it after we ate at T-Rex. My 6 year old wanted something off the regular menu and the server said she could order anything because the meals were just pooled credits, not designated child or adult. We never once had anyone tell us different over the next 10 days

My post was all over but we did use TS meals for adults and paid for our kids so we had more TS meals available. The Pesco Bills receipt was to show how generious Disney was. That was on our extended day when our dining plan wouldn’t work. They rang it up then voided it. More Pixie dust.

My post was all over but we did use TS meals for adults and paid for our kids so we had more TS meals available. The Pesco Bills receipt was to show how generious Disney was. That was on our extended day when our dining plan wouldn’t work. They rang it up then voided it. More Pixie dust.
How old are your children? Do you know how much you paid for the dining plan? It looks like you all had adult tickets, which would mean you all had adult dining plan credits.

How old are your children? Do you know how much you paid for the dining plan? It looks like you all had adult tickets, which would mean you all had adult dining plan credits.
3 and 6. we had child dining. I specifically remember when we ate at the Electric Umbrella, I got stuck with a child cup because my 6 year old took my adult cup and filled it with what she wanted to drink. Good thing Epcot does free refills lol

3 and 6. we had child dining. I specifically remember when we ate at the Electric Umbrella, I got stuck with a child cup because my 6 year old took my adult cup and filled it with what she wanted to drink. Good thing Epcot does free refills lol
But how much did you pay for the dining plan? I have a feeling someone upgraded your plan. If you had “free” dining, that would have cost you $40.

Every kids meal comes with a kids cup. That’s not an indication of the plan, but indicative of the meal that you ordered.

But how much did you pay for the dining plan? I have a feeling someone upgraded your plan. If you had “free” dining, that would have cost you $40.

Every kids meal comes with a kids cup. That’s not an indication of the plan, but indicative of the meal that you ordered.
we did not have free dining, we had the regular dining plan and they bill the plan according to the ages of the resort / ticket holder ages. I'll know in 318 days if it works again :) I cannot find the email with what I paid but I just went back to MDE and past reservations. Remember I said we used 2 meals for me and my wife but paid for our kids at Sci-Fi ..... Maybe it has to do with the way I made my reservations. Sorry for the quality, I had to take a pic with my phone. Couldn't get it to save on my PC. I made that one for 4 adults, not like BOG where I made it for 2 adults and 2 children.

IMG_2284.jpg

Last edited:
Does anyone have any speculation on the "specialty" drink included with a resort quick service meal? Since you have the refillable mug for the resort and would use that for soda, I wonder if you can say... grab a beer or one of those half-bottles of wine from the beverage case and it counts as your beverage with the meal? Or for that matter, a smoothie? Right now the smoothie's at AoA count as a snack, so wonder if that could change to count also as a beverage?

May need to wait until 2018 to hear back from someone with experience, but just curious. :rolleyes1:drinking1

Waiting to hear back on reports of how this actually plays out in regards to the alcoholic beverages that can be redeemed. popcorn::

Normally i never buy dining plan, only get it if its a free dining promo. Mostly do quick service. Typically spend just under $40 a day on dining if not using plan, but an additional $10-20 on drinks. At least this way I am breaking even and it would all be taken care of pre trip, no more bills. Might even splurge for regular dining if reports are favorable. I've been often enough that this time I can slow down and relax a bit. :drinking1 :rotfl:

Does everyone on your reservation have to buy the dining plan? We always do sit down dinners and have TIW but with the addition of an alcoholic drink included I was thinking to do the quick service plan for a few of us and be able to divvy out the quick service meals and snacks. For instance I have a party of 4 but if I only purchased the plan for 2 we would get 12 quick service credits which would be 1 quick service meal a day per person. Thanks!

Does everyone on your reservation have to buy the dining plan? We always do sit down dinners and have TIW but with the addition of an alcoholic drink included I was thinking to do the quick service plan for a few of us and be able to divvy out the quick service meals and snacks. For instance I have a party of 4 but if I only purchased the plan for 2 we would get 12 quick service credits which would be 1 quick service meal a day per person. Thanks!

Everyone in the room has to get the plan or no one in the room can get the plan. If you get 2 separate rooms, you could do 1 room with and 1 room without.

It must be purchased for everyone in your room.

Edit to add : Oops, sorry, your question had already been answered

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!