2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I’m sure I’m answering my own question as I type this, but just so someone in the know can confirm:

Our plan is to check in on Oct. 23 and check out on Oct. 26. That’s three nights of staying on the property, but we’ll still be in the park for four days as we’d check out on the evening of Oct. 26. The DDP descriptions all read “per night.” If I purchase the DxDDP, am I reading correctly that we would have a total of 9 TS credits? Because my brain has told me, “We’re there for four days, you’ve got four days of meals,” and that has always translated to 12 credits. Thanks, in advance, for everyone’s help! ::MickeyMo

Last edited:
I’m sure I’m answering my own question as I type this, but just so someone in the know can confirm:

Our plan is to check in on Oct. 23 and check out on Oct. 26. That’s three nights of staying on the property, but we’ll still be in the park for four days as we’d check out on the evening of Oct. 26. The DDP descriptions all read “per night.” If I purchase the DxDDP, am I reading correctly that we would have a total of 9 TS credits? Because my brain has told me, “We’re there for four days, you’ve got four days of meals,” and that has always translated to 12 credits. Thanks, I’m advance, for everyone’s help! ::MickeyMo

It is per night, not per day. So a three night stay would give you nine meals to use from the time you check in until midnight of your checkout day.

I read on another site that the 2018 regular dining plan now only offers 1 snack per person per day. Disneyworld.com still says 2. Anyone have any information on this?

I read on another site that the 2018 regular dining plan now only offers 1 snack per person per day. Disneyworld.com still says 2. Anyone have any information on this?
Was it a credible source? They just added the second snack this year when they took away the QS dessert.

Was it a credible source? They just added the second snack this year when they took away the QS dessert.
We had it this year and had 2 snacks, and every other site still says 2 for 2018. I can’t remember the site but will find it when I get to work or I will go crazy!

We have booked with a quick-serve plan. The kids are super excited about the artisanal milkshakes, but I can't seem to find any kids meals that would let you choose a fancy milkshake with their meal. I must be missing something.

We have booked with a quick-serve plan. The kids are super excited about the artisanal milkshakes, but I can't seem to find any kids meals that would let you choose a fancy milkshake with their meal. I must be missing something.

As of right now, kids can order adult QS meals, so they can get their milkshake that way. If they truly want the kid's meal, then they may not be able to get a milkshake, but we really don't know that right now.

I think adding alcohol is a brilliant move on Disney's part and see how it will change the psychology and behavior of a vast majority of guests who use the plan. I have been visiting Disney 3-4 times a year for 17 years. Once you get used to a certain "perk" it is hard to go back to going without it on subsequent visits. For example: we used to buy, say 3 snacks, and share them amongst our family of 6. Then the ddp came along and we got used to each having a snack a day. Then they added 2 snacks a day and we got used to using a snack credit for breakfast. All the while they are increasing the prices of the ddp's over the year pretty significantly. At this point, DH and I may have a drink in a lounge a few nights a week while on vacation. I can see that after a few visits where we are sipping margaritas with lunch and wine with dinner that will become our new "norm" and we will come to expect it as part of our Disney experience. We usually DON'T buy a ddp but find ourselves still purchasing those "perks" out of pocket that we got used to when on the ddp. Well played Disney :)

I think adding alcohol is a brilliant move on Disney's part and see how it will change the psychology and behavior of a vast majority of guests who use the plan. I have been visiting Disney 3-4 times a year for 17 years. Once you get used to a certain "perk" it is hard to go back to going without it on subsequent visits. For example: we used to buy, say 3 snacks, and share them amongst our family of 6. Then the ddp came along and we got used to each having a snack a day. Then they added 2 snacks a day and we got used to using a snack credit for breakfast. All the while they are increasing the prices of the ddp's over the year pretty significantly. At this point, DH and I may have a drink in a lounge a few nights a week while on vacation. I can see that after a few visits where we are sipping margaritas with lunch and wine with dinner that will become our new "norm" and we will come to expect it as part of our Disney experience. We usually DON'T buy a ddp but find ourselves still purchasing those "perks" out of pocket that we got used to when on the ddp. Well played Disney :)
So true! Disney enticing us to purchase extra pleasure we didn't know we needed :)

There will be 3 couples listed on room reservation. Does each couple need to set their own PIN if using DDP?

There will be 3 couples listed on room reservation. Does each couple need to set their own PIN if using DDP?

If you're all adults, it probably makes sense for each person to create his or her own PIN. It will be their permanent PIN on their account (of course, you can always change it at the front desk.) That way, for future trips, he or she will have a PIN they remember.

If you're all adults, it probably makes sense for each person to create his or her own PIN. It will be their permanent PIN on their account (of course, you can always change it at the front desk.) That way, for future trips, he or she will have a PIN they remember.
Thank you

I have a FD QSDP BB at the end of August. Crossing my fingers that kids and adults QS credits will still be pooled. Much cheaper to buy a kids drink OOP than a beer or cocktail!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!