2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
:rotfl2: I do enjoy that Lapu Lapu

I imagine Disney will limit it like the Luau or the Hoop Dee Doo. Beer, wine, sangria included. Everything else, pay.

But it says SPECIALTY COCKTAILS and the Lapu Lapu is mighty special!

• Beer or Cider
  • Wine or Sangria
  • Mixed Drinks and Specialty Cocktails

Nobody's asking the important question: does this include the Lapu Lapu?

The fine print does say that some drinks are excluded. It will likely be a restaurant by restaurant basis. But if the Lapu Lapu is inlcuded, it's certainly a reason for me to try Kona again. :woohoo:

But it says SPECIALTY COCKTAILS and the Lapu Lapu is mighty special!

• Beer or Cider
  • Wine or Sangria
  • Mixed Drinks and Specialty Cocktails
Hmm excellent point.

Have the credits per restaurant been released? Or is that no change since last year?

It's really almost a bizarro "tax" on non-drinkers.

Like how desserts are a bizarro tax on people that have diabetes or a food addiction?

Or how the extra cost because it includes meat is a bizarro tax on vegan/vegetarians?

They raise the price every year and this price increase doesn't seem to be that much higher even with the alcohol.

Stacy

I hope im in the right spot. Does dining plan cover tax if your at a table service? Im trying to figuer what we would pay out of pocked if we had dining with a table service. I think it would just be the tip. But wasnt sure about that tax?

I hope im in the right spot. Does dining plan cover tax if your at a table service? Im trying to figuer what we would pay out of pocked if we had dining with a table service. I think it would just be the tip. But wasnt sure about that tax?

Taxes are included with your dining plan credit, so you will want to compare to OOP prices plus tax. The only things you will pay out of pocket on DDP are tips and any items (plus associated tax) you order that aren't covered by plan entitlements.

(Of course, you're paying tax on the package your dining plan comes with, so it's not exactly tax-free, it's just that the taxes are built into the quoted price.)

Taxes are included with your dining plan credit, so you will want to compare to OOP prices plus tax. The only things you will pay out of pocket on DDP are tips and any items (plus associated tax) you order that aren't covered by plan entitlements.

(Of course, you're paying tax on the package your dining plan comes with, so it's not exactly tax-free, it's just that the taxes are built into the quoted price.)

Thank you. Yeah the tax is included in the price of the package. I get that. Disney not going to give much if anything for free. :) Thank you for help.

Is it one alcoholic drink for either a QS or TS meal per day or is it one alcoholic drink for a QS and one for a TS meal (2 drinks per day) ?

Also, how does the credits work with leftover QS and TS meals ?
We went in January and received 3 snacks for each QS or TS meal.

Thanks.

Is it one alcoholic drink for either a QS or TS meal per day or is it one alcoholic drink for a QS and one for a TS meal (2 drinks per day) ?

Also, how does the credits work with leftover QS and TS meals ?
We went in January and received 3 snacks for each QS or TS meal.

Thanks.

You can use your beverage entitlement for any CS or TS meal to get a specialty beverage (including alcohol) in lieu of a standard beverage.

Reports vary, but you should still be able to trade excess credits for snacks; most reports I've seen say you still get 3 per credit traded, but they are at least some anecdotes of only being allowed 2.

So, this doesn't apply to me yet because all my kids are <10, but can you use your kids' alcoholic beverages (God, that question seems so strange).

Technically, at the moment, yes you could. Just order two adult QS meals and get a beer with both of them. You'll need to pay OOP for your kid's regular drink, but.....

Let's say you grab your QS meal and you grab a beer with it. Obviously your 10 year old isn't getting a beer. Can you get them a regularge beverage and order another drink for yourself? (If you wanted to drink that much).

Technically, at the moment, yes you could. Just order two adult QS meals and get a beer with both of them. You'll need to pay OOP for your kid's regular drink, but.....

Until Disney closes the pooling of QS and DxDDP credits, there is the possibility of adults drinking lots of adult beverages and only paying the child's price to do so.

My guess if you convert a credit down you lose the beverage just like today

I can just see the increased drinking at bfast to 'get your money's worth'

The premium non alcoholic drinks are all sugar too.

It will be interesting to see if the QS meal credit which now can be used for 3 items at a F&W booth can be used for alcohol in 2018. The drink prices at the booths are much more than the food and it might make the QS plan a good bargain for the F&W Festival.

Until Disney closes the pooling of QS and DxDDP credits, there is the possibility of adults drinking lots of adult beverages and only paying the child's price to do so.

I wouldn't be too sure about that. They may require everyone who is drinking to be present to show ID, which I would actually expect them to do.

It will be interesting to see if the QS meal credit which now can be used for 3 items at a F&W booth can be used for alcohol in 2018. The drink prices at the booths are much more than the food and it might make the QS plan a good bargain for the F&W Festival.

Only if they deem alcoholic beverages as "snacks", which I doubt they'll do.

I agree
They have non alcoholic drinks at the booths. I don't remember them being a snack

Alcohol will not be a snack credit which is what you trade for

I wouldn't be too sure about that. They may require everyone who is drinking to be present to show ID, which I would actually expect them to do.

Let's hope so, but that in itself will be a nightmare at the ordering kiosks....oh and what about all the mobile ordering coming out. Who's going to check those???

Let's hope so, but that in itself will be a nightmare at the ordering kiosks....oh and what about all the mobile ordering coming out. Who's going to check those???

Huge, huge, huge liability issue given photo ID laws for Disney to allow multiple alcoholic drinks to be ordered by one person.

It's different than at a bar where everyone is required to be 21 to enter.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter