2018 Disney Dining Plan Prices & General Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday at Sleepy Hollow I had to argue for a specialty drink with the corn dog quick service meal. She made “an exception “ but she clearly had no idea about the plan. She looked so confused, but at least persistence paid off.

Blech.

Just thinking of how this is going to exponentially increase the number of people drinking alcohol in the parks gives me willies. I am not thrilled about this.
To be fair, I feel the same way about folks slamming their sugar waters.

My neighbor is a manager at one of the restaurants at WDW, and I was chatting to her tonight about the changes in the dining plan. She said that about 80% of guests are not ordering alcohol on the plan - she said her servers are telling her their alcohol sales have barely increased. So that should be somewhat reassuring to those worried about more guests drinking alcohol in the parks - it doesn't seem like many of them are! She also said she'd had a lot of people confused as to what was included or not included, and a lot of people arguing that something should be included when it wasn't. So it seems like a bit of an adjustment for all involved. Also, she said she's unaware of anywhere that offers premium hot chocolate and has no idea why that is listed as a drink that might be included!

Yesterday at Sleepy Hollow I had to argue for a specialty drink with the corn dog quick service meal. She made “an exception “ but she clearly had no idea about the plan. She looked so confused, but at least persistence paid off.

Sleepy Hollow normally doesn't even let you use a QS credit, so you got doubly excepted.

I'm going to say it again, just because it's on the menu does NOT mean it is included. Each restaurant gets to decide what they will offer.

Sleepy Hollow normally doesn't even let you use a QS credit, so you got doubly excepted.

I'm going to say it again, just because it's on the menu does NOT mean it is included. Each restaurant gets to decide what they will offer.

This is what a lot of people seem to struggle with - to be honest I really hate seeing that people have argued with Cast Members to get drinks that aren't included because they think they should be.

Unless I overlooked it, I didn’t see Chefs de France listed but when I made my reservation for dinner there next month, it indicated that it accepted the dining plan. Can anyone confirm that it is on the Disney Dining Plan? Thanks!

We ate at Chefs de France and used the dining plan for dinner on Saturday 2/3. :)

Unless I overlooked it, I didn’t see Chefs de France listed but when I made my reservation for dinner there next month, it indicated that it accepted the dining plan. Can anyone confirm that it is on the Disney Dining Plan? Thanks!
Yes we ate there in January. On DDP. 2 adults. We each had a glass of wine as our included beverage.

My kinda person....
hey-you-want-a-coca-cola-ew-no-thats-so-9545714.png

Is there a discounted rate for the dining plan as part of a package deal sometimes? I don’t believe we are paying less than the prices listed in the first post for our 5 night stay in March. The difference in price is 1050.93 between our resorts/tickets and the addition of dining. That’s 3 adults and 1 child. I was considering dropping the dining plan but I think it’s close to worth it at that price??

Is there a discounted rate for the dining plan as part of a package deal sometimes? I don’t believe we are paying less than the prices listed in the first post for our 5 night stay in March. The difference in price is 1050.93 between our resorts/tickets and the addition of dining. That’s 3 adults and 1 child. I was considering dropping the dining plan but I think it’s close to worth it at that price??

That is odd. Your total for 5 nights should be $1261.10. I can't find any combination that comes to $1050.93.

BOOK IT, DANNO! before it goes away. There's no dining discount out there right now except the summer deal, and this isn't that.

Make sure you’ve got all the same options. That sounds like the difference between park hoppers and base tickets.

Make sure you’ve got all the same options. That sounds like the difference between park hoppers and base tickets.

We still have our park hoppers...

That is odd. Your total for 5 nights should be $1261.10. I can't find any combination that comes to $1050.93.

BOOK IT, DANNO! before it goes away. There's no dining discount out there right now except the summer deal, and this isn't that.

I think I’ve figured out the difference. Even though if we take off the dining plan we will only be saving the $1050... it’s because somewhere along the way my reservation got messed up and I had to call guest services and get them to fix it. Maybe they fixed it by taking the price off the dining plan instead of the room and ticket part of the package?:confused3
Either way it makes me feel like it’s worth it :tink::drinking1

I read that Disney's prices will be going up on the 11th. Will the dining plan price increase or is this set for the rest of 2018?
Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter