2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by crazy4wdw, Mar 12, 2018.

1. billyjobobb

billyjobobb Mouseketeer

Were here right now and mid trip prices went up. Some things I can get, but we bought a case of water for around $5. A bottle of water in bulk retail is like a quarter and it is hot here. We took in 6 frozen bottles of water and what cost us like $1.50 would be over $20 in the park. Dollar tree sells 20 oz cokes for $1 and they’re $4.50 in the parks now.

Funny thing is there’s always a place to buy those with little to no line. I feel for a family that buys 4 waters 4 times a day and shells out well over $50. Per day.

2. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

I know I probably bought too many waters last week but it was so hot and they were in the ice coolers which made them colder.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. billyjobobb

billyjobobb Mouseketeer

And they just taste so good when they come out of the ice!

dachsie likes this.
  5. randumb0

randumb0 Party at Mickey's

Don't food prices go up every year? 2 yeas ago a 20 oz coke was around 2.75

6. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

I don’t think the prices for normal things going up is the problem. It’s the fact that they raised festival items in the middle of the festival.

SothrnChic, gottalovepluto and L_MD like this.
  7. randumb0

understood

8. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

The logistics for picking up stuff/ordering stuff without cars is annoying to work out but Disney is a managing to make it worth it.

9. lilfaeriebrat

lilfaeriebrat Mouseketeer

Has anyone noticed or heard of other food prices have gone up around the festival beside at refreshment corner?

10. gottalovepluto

DFB says they checked all the menus and updated prices accordingly on their blog, also said they'll be keeping an eye out for any other changes. I plan on cross referencing what I have in my notes right now with their page this weekend.

11. lilfaeriebrat

lilfaeriebrat Mouseketeer

I was comparing this morning and all their prices are still showing what I had in my excel file. First thing I checked was the flights and I wasn't seeing any differences.. :confused3

gottalovepluto likes this.
  12. gottalovepluto

Well now I feel gyped! So you’re telling me I got all worked up for no reason? Like I should have checked for evidence myself before assuming things from headlines?! ...I hate it when I fall head over heals for clickbait :sad2:

NikkiDP and Haley R like this.
  13. NuJoy

NuJoy NC is too north for me

Just don’t do what we did. We were feeling so festive afterward that my husband and I each ended up buying expensive fragrances in Italy and France. Apparently, perfume smells sexier after many glasses of wine and we imagine our travel funds have no limit.

14. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

I’m in Orlando in a couple weeks for this event. I’m debating between spending Friday evening at Epcot or doing one of the events at the Waldorf Hilton. Anyone got any reports on how crowded Friday nights are?

15. NuJoy

NuJoy NC is too north for me

Italian Regional Lunch
    September 26, 2018
    Our second year of attending this event.

We were pleased to have a cozy table in the back all to ourselves. Table set with rolls and packaged breadsticks served with green olives and a beautiful olive oil.
    EEF63030-862D-4C18-9D95-3DD71402717F.jpeg
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Keepsake menu provided anticipation while waiting for the event to start
    BBEBFD95-8D1C-4DAE-8BCC-55FE762505BB.jpeg
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Sparkling wine was served. The host welcomed everyone and introduced staff before turning it over to Sommelier, Laura. This event is all about the wine and the food is the backdrop.

1st Course-Cured beef neatly domes sliced grapefruit and arugula beneath it.
    1A0B0F4E-F1F8-487E-9402-12189CAAF673.jpeg
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    2nd Course- Creamy, rich risotto paired with Arneis.
    80340084-C56B-472A-8E2B-38C3C7A36EC9.jpeg
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    3rd Course- Grouper in Broth with julienne vegetables paired with Sauvignon
    53F77DE4-F3AD-43E6-B55D-231D3AB4A1A8.jpeg
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    4th Course- Duck atop a bean casserole served with Refosco
    B93653B2-92ED-4368-8EAB-2B7BD781EAB9.jpeg
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    5th Course- As typical of practically every dessert Disney offers...mousse. Paired with a very sweet Moscato.
    DB199ACA-0C00-40F8-9225-FB84FA3D1254.jpeg
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Extra bread and wine were offered throughout the luncheon and we were feeling very fine and upscale throughout. Laura’s pairings did allow the chef to not have to try as hard, letting the wine fill in flavors lacking in the food; but the wine was such perfection that it was easily forgiven. This event is very much worth the expense in our opinion.

Our wonderful Sommelier!
    0D5102D7-654C-4B9E-92C7-81400867CC9B.jpeg

Last edited: Oct 5, 2018
  16. randumb0

What are they having at the Waldorf?

17. TeresaWen

TeresaWen DIS Veteran

We go to the Italian lunch on Wednesday! Menu looks awesome. For this event I hope we are seated with others. The festive atmosphere is part if why we go. So enjoy meeting new people at F&W. I also enjoy table sharing while booth snacking :)

jerseygal likes this.
  18. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

19. L_MD

L_MD Mouseketeer

Hmmm, that's strange. Don't beat yourself up yet...I cross-checked my Excel sheet (from before the price change) to DFB's updated menus and definitely noticed some changes. Craft Drafts have single pours up .25 and flights up .50, Block and Hans I saw increases from .50 - .75. I'm happy to go through and triple-check if anyone so desires.

Another edit: I just want to say that it's mostly BEER that went up. The wine pours and flights and most of the food (Refreshment place with poutine aside) stayed the same. The alcoholic Joffrey's drinks increased too. So did the special drink with Whiskey at the Refreshment Outpost.

gottalovepluto likes this.
  20. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

Has the F&W app changed their prices? I looked through all of the food we wanted to try on their app and the prices all stayed the same.

21. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

We'll be there on Monday. We like to share a table as well.