2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were here right now and mid trip prices went up. Some things I can get, but we bought a case of water for around $5. A bottle of water in bulk retail is like a quarter and it is hot here. We took in 6 frozen bottles of water and what cost us like $1.50 would be over $20 in the park. Dollar tree sells 20 oz cokes for $1 and they’re $4.50 in the parks now.

Funny thing is there’s always a place to buy those with little to no line. I feel for a family that buys 4 waters 4 times a day and shells out well over $50. Per day.

There's no need to buy water. Any quick service and Starbucks will give you water for free!

We attended the French Family Meal Traditions event this afternoon. I’ll have a full write-up with pictures on my site in the next day or two, but I just wanted to say here how enjoyable it was. The food was outstanding, and the wine/champagne pours were generous and frequent. One of our table mates had at least 20 glasses. I exhibited admirable restraint and had a measly 8. ;)

We attended the French Family Meal Traditions event this afternoon. I’ll have a full write-up with pictures on my site in the next day or two, but I just wanted to say here how enjoyable it was. The food was outstanding, and the wine/champagne pours were generous and frequent. One of our table mates had at least 20 glasses. I exhibited admirable restraint and had a measly 8. ;)
We were there as well. Food was delicious, people seated with us were delightful and we had a marvelous time. I had sparkling water as I'm unable to drink wine right now, but everyone agreed that the Bordeaux was the best.

Excited!!!! We have this Friday!

So yesterday was a lot more busy than the Sunday before. Things did die down around 5 pm

Please give a heads up when your review is online. I am looking forward to the November event.

Hmmm, that's strange. Don't beat yourself up yet...I cross-checked my Excel sheet (from before the price change) to DFB's updated menus and definitely noticed some changes. Craft Drafts have single pours up .25 and flights up .50, Block and Hans I saw increases from .50 - .75. I'm happy to go through and triple-check if anyone so desires.

Another edit: I just want to say that it's mostly BEER that went up. The wine pours and flights and most of the food (Refreshment place with poutine aside) stayed the same. The alcoholic Joffrey's drinks increased too. So did the special drink with Whiskey at the Refreshment Outpost.

That's probably why I didn't notice any changes because I wasn't tracking beer. I was tracking the food :)

It’s getting real! Got my southwest boarding passes! Tomorrow evening we will be in EPCOT! Oh what should we have first. Hope to make one stop at a booth. Plan is to come through the international gateway. We have a 7:50 ADR at Spice Road. Yeah!!!

Ireland. The Guinness Baileys Shake and Roasted Irish Sausage are very good! And it is near the IG, between UK and Canada.

It’s getting real! Got my southwest boarding passes! Tomorrow evening we will be in EPCOT! Oh what should we have first. Hope to make one stop at a booth. Plan is to come through the international gateway. We have a 7:50 ADR at Spice Road. Yeah!!!

LOL! When I came in thru the IG after arriving on Southwest, I just stopped at the first food booth I could find that didn't have a long line I was so hungry! Those Southwest pretzels don't stick with you long. Fortunately the Ireland booth is close. In my case, I went the other way and stopped at Brazil for the seafood stew. It was just OK, but I was starving so it tasted delicious. Then I went to Hops and Barley for the Carrot Cake-now that was very good.

We picked up our cutting board and magnets today. The board quality is pretty good and now comes in a nifty passholder bag. I’m impressed! 18CFA1DA-0261-48BD-A5F5-9D230B746652.jpeg

The passholder cutting boards may be gone by the time I'm there, but I was curious if anyone only had four park days and still managed to get one. I know I'd need to enter Epcot at least once every day I'm on site- but are there rules about length of park visit? Would four back to back visits qualify? Appreciate the feedback- wondering if it is worth the planning/effort.

Good to see the cutting boards are still in stock. My wife wants one bad, and we arrive for a four day trip a week from Thursday. This will be our first visit as annual passholders as well as first food and wine visit.

The passholder cutting boards may be gone by the time I'm there, but I was curious if anyone only had four park days and still managed to get one. I know I'd need to enter Epcot at least once every day I'm on site- but are there rules about length of park visit? Would four back to back visits qualify? Appreciate the feedback- wondering if it is worth the planning/effort.

No rules on length of visit. Could enter and exit- they’re just tracking entrances. But must be on 4 different days (don’t need to be consecutive).

Yes, 4 days in a row would qualify. They verify that you entered 4 separate days. The magnets qualify on Day 1, but we picked them up with our boards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts