2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by crazy4wdw, Mar 12, 2018.

1. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

CAUTION: The passholder glasses are NOT dishwasher safe. I found out the hard way. The Food and wine logo on the bottom of the glass partially peeled off. Then I noticed it said hand wash only. :(

raging fire and gottalovepluto like this.
  2. loki_d

loki_d Earning My Ears

There's no need to buy water. Any quick service and Starbucks will give you water for free!

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

Ugh. That's been true of some of their other glasses as well. So frustrating.

gottalovepluto likes this.
  5. destinationdoug

destinationdoug Earning My Ears

We attended the French Family Meal Traditions event this afternoon. I’ll have a full write-up with pictures on my site in the next day or two, but I just wanted to say here how enjoyable it was. The food was outstanding, and the wine/champagne pours were generous and frequent. One of our table mates had at least 20 glasses. I exhibited admirable restraint and had a measly 8. ;)

GoGoBeans, larsonb74, NuJoy and 3 others like this.
  6. Deb & Bill

Deb & Bill DVC-Trivia Contest, Apr-2006: Honorable Mention

We were there as well. Food was delicious, people seated with us were delightful and we had a marvelous time. I had sparkling water as I'm unable to drink wine right now, but everyone agreed that the Bordeaux was the best.

gottalovepluto and TeresaWen like this.
  7. TeresaWen

TeresaWen DIS Veteran

Excited!!!! We have this Friday!

8. randumb0

randumb0 Party at Mickey's

So yesterday was a lot more busy than the Sunday before. Things did die down around 5 pm

9. NuJoy

NuJoy NC is too north for me

Please give a heads up when your review is online. I am looking forward to the November event.

10. lilfaeriebrat

lilfaeriebrat Mouseketeer

That's probably why I didn't notice any changes because I wasn't tracking beer. I was tracking the food :)

L_MD likes this.
  11. TeresaWen

TeresaWen DIS Veteran

It’s getting real! Got my southwest boarding passes! Tomorrow evening we will be in EPCOT! Oh what should we have first. Hope to make one stop at a booth. Plan is to come through the international gateway. We have a 7:50 ADR at Spice Road. Yeah!!!

L_MD, gottalovepluto, Haley R and 2 others like this.
  12. patster734

patster734 DIS Veteran

Ireland. The Guinness Baileys Shake and Roasted Irish Sausage are very good! And it is near the IG, between UK and Canada.

TeresaWen likes this.
  13. Simba's Mom

Simba's Mom <font color=green>everything went to "H*** in a ha

LOL! When I came in thru the IG after arriving on Southwest, I just stopped at the first food booth I could find that didn't have a long line I was so hungry! Those Southwest pretzels don't stick with you long. Fortunately the Ireland booth is close. In my case, I went the other way and stopped at Brazil for the seafood stew. It was just OK, but I was starving so it tasted delicious. Then I went to Hops and Barley for the Carrot Cake-now that was very good.

Haley R and TeresaWen like this.
  14. Lehuaann

Lehuaann aloha nui loa

We picked up our cutting board and magnets today. The board quality is pretty good and now comes in a nifty passholder bag. I’m impressed! 18CFA1DA-0261-48BD-A5F5-9D230B746652.jpeg

15. TeresaWen

TeresaWen DIS Veteran

So happy these are still available! I should be getting mine Friday!

raging fire likes this.
  16. adelaster

adelaster DIS Veteran

The passholder cutting boards may be gone by the time I'm there, but I was curious if anyone only had four park days and still managed to get one. I know I'd need to enter Epcot at least once every day I'm on site- but are there rules about length of park visit? Would four back to back visits qualify? Appreciate the feedback- wondering if it is worth the planning/effort.

17. sachilles

sachilles DVC coming to this space soon

Good to see the cutting boards are still in stock. My wife wants one bad, and we arrive for a four day trip a week from Thursday. This will be our first visit as annual passholders as well as first food and wine visit.

18. 2xcited2sleep

2xcited2sleep DIS Veteran

No rules on length of visit. Could enter and exit- they’re just tracking entrances. But must be on 4 different days (don’t need to be consecutive).

adelaster and patster734 like this.
  19. Lehuaann

Lehuaann aloha nui loa

Yes, 4 days in a row would qualify. They verify that you entered 4 separate days. The magnets qualify on Day 1, but we picked them up with our boards.

adelaster likes this.
  20. amalone1013

amalone1013 DIS Veteran

It's nice that they gave a bag! We didn't get anything and ended up getting a bag from the store in Norway, after I held them in my lap on FEA :rotfl:

21. randumb0

randumb0 Party at Mickey's

When do you plan to be there?