2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can use a QS credit to buy 3 items but 1) you must purchase all 3 items at the same time at a single booth and 2) those items are considered snacks, not a QS meal - you are basically trading in your QS meal for snacks - so you can't get an alcoholic beverage as any of your three items. Snack inclusions at the booths are generally all food items and non-alcoholic beverages.

Wristbands for Flower & Garden concerts were picked up in the former Innoventions building behind Club Cool.

We're going over Columbus Day. I expect crowds but there seems to be a serious disconnect between announced park hours and the crowds predicted by touring plans. They have several "10s" for MK and AK over our five day trip, but park hours seem way too restrictive for that (MK closing at 9pm on non-MNSSHP nights). Hopefully something will give. I'll be watching. Always watching...

Just realized that F&W ends the day we were planning to do EPCOT. It is a Monday...will the last day be insane? Should I change plans?

We're going over Columbus Day. I expect crowds but there seems to be a serious disconnect between announced park hours and the crowds predicted by touring plans. They have several "10s" for MK and AK over our five day trip, but park hours seem way too restrictive for that (MK closing at 9pm on non-MNSSHP nights). Hopefully something will give. I'll be watching. Always watching...
Typically WDW will extend Magic Kingdom operating hours when October gets closer. Usually MK hours are extended until at least 11:00 PM on non-Halloween party dates.

Just realized that F&W ends the day we were planning to do EPCOT. It is a Monday...will the last day be insane? Should I change plans?
Most likely. Also that Monday will be a federal holiday and a holiday for some state governments. Since Sunday is Veteran's Day, that holiday will be officially celebrated on November 12.

Wonder who will be announced for 9th Oct at Eat to the Beat (Air Supply are playing the second day I’m heading to Epcot). Vaguely remember their soft ballad but can’t say it’ll be a must see on my itinerary (first visit to Disney World and DD wants to do the Kidcot stations and any F&W kids treasure hunt (like Ratatouille one last year).

With the ongoing work at the former Festival Center/Wonders of Life pavilion and confirmation that it is NOT the new space restaurant, I wonder if it will be the festival center again this year.

https://disneyparks.disney.go.com/b...ed-restaurant-lands-in-future-world-at-epcot/
I'm hoping it will be open by the time the festival begins in September. It's been used extensively for the F&W festival for many years. I can't imagine where they could move the venue's for the culinary and beverage seminars and also where they'd put the wine store.

I'm hoping it will be open by the time the festival begins in September. It's been used extensively for the F&W festival for many years. I can't imagine where they could move the venue's for the culinary and beverage seminars and also where they'd put the wine store.

Agree. And I imagine that the revenue they generate in the Festival Center over those ~3 months between the merchandise, demos (food & beverage), special events like What's Cookin' With etc. is staggering. I can't see them giving that up. Might even "justify" them not using the building the rest of the year. Can't wait until more info is released!!

Has anyone heard any news as to if or when they will be doing a Tables in Wonderland preview for Food & Wine this year? It seems like last year, there was an email sent out about this at the end of April, so I am trying to find out if they are late this year or if it is even happening?

Has anyone heard any news as to if or when they will be doing a Tables in Wonderland preview for Food & Wine this year? It seems like last year, there was an email sent out about this at the end of April, so I am trying to find out if they are late this year or if it is even happening?
I haven't heard anything yet. In 2017, e-mails about the preview were sent out to TIW members on 4/28/2017 and the event was scheduled for July 15, 2017.

This seems like the right place to ask about the eat to the beat concerts and what to expect. We will be in EPCOT on Friday 8/31 for dinner at LeCellier to celebrate my husband's birthday. Noticed it was the beginning of F&W and Blue October will be performing. We have never been during F&W so I do not know what to expect. looking for suggestions on dinner time if we want to listen to a concert- My reservation choices are 445 or 610(625 and 650 are also currently available) How long is each concert? Any idea how early we would need to be there to snag a seat (doesn't have to be the best seat in the house, but don't want to be behind a pole either) Is one concert time better than the other? I think they are at 530, 645, & 800. EPCOT is open until 1000 that evening. We are planning on rope dropping AK in the morning, and would be heading back to our room to relax for a bit and change for dinner. any advice is appreciated - thanks :)

The earliest concert is generally the most crowded. Do the 4:45 dinner and attend one or both of the later sets.

I don't know how close you want to get. If you're ok with sitting anywhere you can walk in pretty much anytime. I don't know who Blue October is or how popular they might end up being.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!