2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wrong Pam. Pam Smith is the annoying self absorbed one who hosts the demos.

That reminds me, for the first time in about 6 years, I went to a seminar where Pam Smith was NOT the host. Did she host any of the culinary demonstrations this year?

She did the Robert Irvine Pairing demo. I know she is always there on the weekends. I think in the past she wasn't there on Mondays & Tuesdays but I'm not sure if it's the same this year. I don't have anything else scheduled for my trip in November and after this year I don't think I will be doing anymore in the future. I'd much rather spend that money at the booths than play culinary roulette. it was different when they were free or just a few dollars.

Mumble Grumble Mumble Grumble. Don't hate me but being a Californian and only having my first WDW trip 11 years ago I don't get figment. I was excited for a Remy Cup. Not a fan of Figment. Oh well might still do the quest and give the koozie to a friend who collects Figment

I don't get the Figment love either

Our 2 week adventure is coming to an end. After 12 days we are waking up to our last full day. We leave at the crack dawn tomorrow.

The crazy heat greatly impacted our snacking around the world. Going hard today. Plan is starting at open and closing epcot :)

We are all packed and well rested after a pool day and room service pizza :)

Until next year!

I just spent the weekend at Disney. Got to Epcot early both Sat and Sunday and hit the booths I wanted to with no problem. Went again Sunday evening and again no long lines

That said I was done. I’m not sure why but maybe I’ve just gone too many years in a row, the food options don’t change that much.... may take 2019 off.

I feel that way sometimes, but then again I get mad when they replace something that I like. I'm still missing the griddled Greek cheese. I really wish they would replace one of the waffles at the Belgium stand with something else.

We've been the last 3 years and I think we're done for a while. Went Columbus Day week and the heat and crowds were too much. Next time, whenever that is, will be closer to festival end and no holidays.

I feel that way sometimes, but then again I get mad when they replace something that I like. I'm still missing the griddled Greek cheese. I really wish they would replace one of the waffles at the Belgium stand with something else.
There are two items from previous festivals that I sorely miss, and the Griddled Cheese is one of them. The other is the Pavlova from the Australia booth. I can’t believe they replaced it with a boring yellow cake.

I just spent the weekend at Disney. Got to Epcot early both Sat and Sunday and hit the booths I wanted to with no problem. Went again Sunday evening and again no long lines

That said I was done. I’m not sure why but maybe I’ve just gone too many years in a row, the food options don’t change that much.... may take 2019 off.
I was shocked at how crowded Epcot was but how short the lines were. It was like that for the two weeks we were there. When it was crazy hot most folks walking around seeking shade. Hard to find a shady place to enjoy our food & wine though

There are two items from previous festivals that I sorely miss, and the Griddled Cheese is one of them. The other is the Pavlova from the Australia booth. I can’t believe they replaced it with a boring yellow cake.
YES! the pavlova was a favorite of mine and I feel the same about the cake but I've never found anyone else who agrees with me!!!!

I don't recall ever having the Pavlova, maybe the berries were raspberry. But that Lamington is not something I would ever even try. I don't do shredded coconut and since it's covered in it I won't eat it. I really wish they would replace it with something else. And I'm sick of the Apple Strudel & Schinkennudeln in Germany. The Spatzle was better IMO. They have few decent items they could rotate yearly instead of the same old same old every year. At least Italy finally got some decent items. I missed the year Canada served Trout so I never got to taste it. The one I really miss is the Flourless Chocolate cake they served in Ireland years ago. The dessert they have now is OK but the Flourless Chocolate cake was to die for. Also wish they would bring back a Scandanavian booth since I think they have way too many Asian offerings and could use a bit more non-spicy offerings.

For what it's worth. We were there this weekend. Grabbed our hide and squeek from the shop at the international gateway. The cast member told us that if you turned it in at the IG store, you'd get a coozie(4 different patterns). She believed Disney traders, which is near the junction of future world with future showcase still had cups for those redeeming their cards at that location. We wanted the coozies so we didn't confirm the story at Disney Traders.

Our first visit to food and wine. I enjoyed it. Would have loved it to be about 10 degrees cooler, but otherwise fun. The Saturday crowd certainly were enjoying the wine part. I had read stories about drinking at Epcot, but hadn't really noticed it up until this point. Thursday, Friday and Sundays crowd were not at all like that. Saturday was a different level, most were still in control, but I'd say a good 25% would be in need of advil in the morning or sooner. I enjoy drinking. Was surprised to see quite so many people who enjoyed their drinks more than I did. ;)

Didn't see the Piri Piri shrimp listed in the WDW food and wine app. However, it's at Africa and it's quite good. I love Piri piri. I think we only managed to get something from about 22 of the 40 booths, over the course of about 4 half days. Returned home only a pound heavier. Still had cutting boards as of yesterday for those that half to have one.

Didn't see the Piri Piri shrimp listed in the WDW food and wine app. However, it's at Africa and it's quite good. I love Piri piri.

Well that’s a great tip, I hope I remember to find those, sounds delicious. I wonder why they added that one and why this is the first I’ve heard about? I’m not obsessing about F&W or anything...

I miss the Patagonia booth where they had the great Empanadas. They had other empanadas, but they weren't the same.

Well that’s a great tip, I hope I remember to find those, sounds delicious. I wonder why they added that one and why this is the first I’ve heard about? I’m not obsessing about F&W or anything...
The Hanson Brother's Beer Company Mmhops Pale Ale was also not available at Fife and Drum, and wasn't listed on their product board despite being in the app. I asked a cast member in the booth about it, and they said they received a bad batch. I assume a replacement will come in at some point.

I was very excited to find the Piri Piri Shrimp. I made my first trip to England earlier this year and discovered Piri Piri sauce there. I especially love Nando's Garlic Piri Piri sauce (and dry rub). You can get it on Amazon. Very good on chicken wings.

Is there a way to print the wonderful spreadsheet put together by Doug S (which I love, and appreciate the work he put into it!)? Or is that not allowed since I didn't make it myself? I wanted to take a copy with me, and to be able to highlight it, etc... but whenever I try to print it only prints the first page, not the entire spreadsheet. I'm just going to File, then print in Chrome, I don't see a print option from the spreadsheet itself. I wouldn't mind printing each section separately (food, wine,cocktails, etc) but it would be unwieldy to try to scroll and print one screen at a time, if I can even do that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!