2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was able to find a Le Cellier reservation instead of the buffet I had originally planned. I’m thinking we can get the poutine as we cool down. Good thinking pepperandchips.

Can’t wait for the menus and recommendations to start rolling in. Then the real planning can begin :rainbow:

Sounds perfect! Hmm now you've got me wanting Le Cellier!

Going in mid-September. I was fortunate enough to get a studio at BCV at under 7 months, and I just can't wait! Wondering about the culinary demos, what with Wonders of Life changes.
Also, right now I have 2 TBA performers for Eat to the Beat concerts-looking forward to hearing someone besides TBAs.

This is my 4th year doing F&W. I've done end of September, end of October, and beginning of November. This year, were doing the beginning of September (9/4-9/8) on a free dining BB, and hoping for good weather and minimal crowds. My game plan this time around is to split World Showcase up into 4 sections and do a section a day from open til about 1 or 2ish, then park hop over to one of the other parks the rest of the day.

Interested to know how others go about getting through all the booths.

This is my 4th year doing F&W. I've done end of September, end of October, and beginning of November. This year, were doing the beginning of September (9/4-9/8) on a free dining BB, and hoping for good weather and minimal crowds. My game plan this time around is to split World Showcase up into 4 sections and do a section a day from open til about 1 or 2ish, then park hop over to one of the other parks the rest of the day.

Interested to know how others go about getting through all the booths.

I'm very laid back in my method, I go to Epcot every day of my trip, usually a 5 night trip. I go solo. I usually go to another park in the morning until I'm bored or hungry then I head over to Epcot. I just go whatever direction I didn't go the day before or the one that doesn't seem so crowded. I look at the menu boards and stop where it looks interesting, find a table or a bench and sample then walk around a little and stop at the next booth. I bet I circle WS at least 4 times a day. I nibble at booths until I'm full then I either shop in WS or head somewhere else for awhile. Then I go back to Epcot later. Almost all of my meals for lunch and supper comes from booths or Food and Wine pairing meals. Usually toward the end of the week I'll get tired of booths and eat at Nomad Lounge or HBD lounge.

When did they announce the booths last year? Any predictions on when they'll announce more details about this year's festival?

This will be my 3rd Festival and I'm super excited! However I am Nervous because I am going Sept 9 - Sept 18th. I'm staying at Beach club from the 9th - 14th and I am wondering how crazy it will be? I've always gone in October and I know night time is usually a nightmare for me so we always hit the festival from when it starts till we fill up! since it will be the first few weeks should I expect a crazy crowd?

Weekends are always crowded, but the weekdays should be fine. I’m more concerned with the heat or hurricanes in September. We’re staying off property the same week (9/8 - 9/15), but will Lyft to Epcot once, possibly twice, for the Food & Wine.

Going in October. My brother and sister-in-law coming (they’re a lot of fun), but don’t like food or wine much.

Hope to hit 1.5 days of food & wine. Very disappointed to miss Billy Ocean by one day!

Lol I only know one song by them. Are they really that good? That would be our only night to go see HEA because the other MK nights we will be at the Halloween party.

They were one of my favorite bands growing up. Fireworks aren't a huge drawl for me so its an easy decision.

They were one of my favorite bands growing up. Fireworks aren't a huge drawl for me so its an easy decision.
Yeah I only know one song by them and fireworks are one of the main things we look forward to. I bet we will end up going to MK instead. We could go there every day of our trip and find something new to do each time.

Very much looking forward to my first F&W trip this year now they I've moved to FL! Cannot wait :)

I'm seriously contemplating making my 9/7-11 trip (really 8-10 as I fly the night of the 7th and morning of the 11th) into an Epcot/F&W - MK/MNSSHP -Epcot/F&W trip. I love me some Animal Kingdom, BUT especially with the rumor floating that Illuminations is not long for the World, I am feeling drawn to seeing it twice...

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter