2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
It’s always varied a bit but typically it’s been in mid to late July. And, again typically, reservations have opened shortly thereafter. I’m not sure if we can expect the same this year as just the announcement of festival dates was several months later than it has been historically. Disney keeping it interesting. :laughing:

Even as I typed out the question I realized what Disney has done in the past has no bearing on how they will do it this year. Why do they torment us so?? Ha!

Thanks for the response!

Even as I typed out the question I realized what Disney has done in the past has no bearing on how they will do it this year. Why do they torment us so?? Ha!

It's all part of the "fun" in planning a trip to the Food & Wine Festival! If you're not a patient person, you'll be in for a rough ride over the next several months ..... waiting, waiting, waiting. :confused:

On a very positive note, there'll be many people posting on this thread that we can commiserate and complain with!

Going to my first F&W with DD12 in November. Jersey Week! DD12 is a little foodie so this should be fun!

Finally able to head back for Food and Wine after 4 years away. Going with my best friend to celebrate her graduation from college. The trip was originally supposed to be in May, but then I got a new job and May is a super busy time of year. So we postponed to the first week of October. It's a fast 4 full day trip (and half a day on arrival day) so I won't get as much time at Epcot as I would like, but we will make the most out of it.

It'll be a year long event in just a few more years.
We're getting very close: Festival of the Arts in January/February, Flower and Garden Festival in March/April/May, Food and Wine Festival in September/October/November, Festival of the Holidays in November/December. Each festival has started to add food and beverage kiosks like the Food and Wine Festival. In fact, may of the kiosks from the other festivals are recycled from the Food and Wine Festival.

All Disney needs is a festival for June though August and the year would be covered.

I'm not sure we'll be able to go either. SW flights are so ridiculous!!! I hate being a teacher and having airlines control when I fly.
I'm very sad as well.

On Average, when does most of the activity happen? Any particular months? Any particular days of the week? I've hward about it's only open Fri-Sun. Is that true?

Flower and Garden is open every day, but they have concerts at America Gardens only on Fri-Sun.

Food & Wine has concerts every day.

Whoop, whoop. This will be my 6th or 7th year (can't remember, I'm old) and still get excited every year. I'm thinking of going during the Swan/Dolphin food and wine time and combine the two, haven't done that yet. Every year I swear I'm not going to do so many deminars and meals and darned if I don't end up doing more. Sigh, just means my trips have to get longer and longer, oh the horror.

On Average, when does most of the activity happen? Any particular months? Any particular days of the week? I've hward about it's only open Fri-Sun. Is that true?

The festival occurs daily - so the booths are open each day (open at 11 with World Showcase and close with park; note they do NOT stay open for evening extra magic hours). Additionally there is, I believe, typically a cooking and/or beverage demo daily and of course you can shop for merchandise any time.

The special events happen less frequently and on various patterns. For example last year the celeb chef events seemed clustered on Sundays and Fridays. The tequila lunch was Wed through Fri. WDWinfo.com still has the 2017 event info here so that might give you an idea. Although there are no promises that this year will follow past practice.

Can someone briefly explain any costs for food and the festival? Or point me to a thread that explains everything.

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter