2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I didn't realize that I was going during the festival.

My Epcot Day is the last day of the festival. Does festival merchandise usually sell out? I'm hoping that I'll still be able to buy something.
There will be some items that will sell out, such as the cookbook. However, there will be significant discounts for any F&W festival items that are still available.

Also, last year there were numerous F&W items on the Disney Parks Shop app that were discounted as much as 50% near the end of the festival and also several weeks after the festival concluded. I purchased several t-shirts and a set of wine glasses last year.

I didn't realize that I was going during the festival.

My Epcot Day is the last day of the festival. Does festival merchandise usually sell out? I'm hoping that I'll still be able to buy something.

I suggest looking on the Disney Merchandise app once F&W starts. If you see something on the app that you want badly, get it. I wear 2XL shirts, and they didn’t have any left on the last weekend a couple years ago.

Completely new to food and wine, is there a source, thread, etc... that really walks you through what it is, how it works, etc..? All I know is that there is food and wine and that it takes place in epcot. Thank you for any links or suggestions to help me get educated!

Completely new to food and wine, is there a source, thread, etc... that really walks you through what it is, how it works, etc..? All I know is that there is food and wine and that it takes place in epcot. Thank you for any links or suggestions to help me get educated!

You’ve got it. Food and wine and Epcot. :thumbsup2 The disneyworld site linked above is a good overview— there will be a variety of special events and ~30-ish booths around World Showcase lagoon and into Future world with varied menus. There is no cost to attend the festival per se, you’re welcome to walk around and look — but participation in any special event or trying items at the food booths is all by separate purchase. Many of the events require reservations. There are some free demonstrations in the festival center.

The DIS has an overview here. Many other fan sites do as well (google search)
http://www.wdwinfo.com/disney-world/epcot/food-wine-festival.htm

This video from the DIS team last year may help you visualize the set-up around the lagoon

Is there any indication of when the menus will be released??
If you are talking about the special meals, most of the time you don't know the menu until you get there. And they may have different menus on different days.

If you are talking about the special meals, most of the time you don't know the menu until you get there. And they may have different menus on different days.

Ha, sorry, didn’t realize I’d hit post - started writing this then set it aside. No, I mean the menus for the various booths. Just haven’t seen much other than a few items here and there and wondered if there’s a date they’re supposed to be released.

Ha, sorry, didn’t realize I’d hit post - started writing this then set it aside. No, I mean the menus for the various booths. Just haven’t seen much other than a few items here and there and wondered if there’s a date they’re supposed to be released.

I wish we knew! It’s anyone’s guess. Disney seems to have thrown past practice to the wind so no telling if or when they’ll release menus ahead of the festival. If/when they do, I’m sure someone will post to this thread pretty quickly.

Don't they usually do a preview party for the press with the dishes?

Yes, they have — in ~late July/early Aug. Usually focused on new dishes and coupled with a preview for Tables in Wonderland members. We know they aren’t doing the TiW preview. I’m sure they will do something for media but haven’t heard any date — could be soon or might not be until a few days before the festival starts. Who knows. I’d love if it was soon though!! Never too early to start dreaming of food. :mickeybar

anyone else hoping the AP "gift" will be more like the glasses in '16 and MUCH less like the buttons in '17? haha :rolleyes1

Although I would LOVE that, I'll bet it won't happen. I still chuckle to myself when I remember my experience with the CM handing out magnets last year. I had to stand in line for the magnet, and there was a sign to be sure you were prepared to show your AP. When I got to the CM, I asked "Oh, do you want to see my Annual Pass?" She replied "No, that's OK-I'm sure you wouldn't stand in line for THIS if you weren't an AP holder." So I think even the CMs thought Disney was being cheap.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!