2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

I've never been to F&W but am going in September. What are the seminars like? Do you get to sample beverages?

It depends on what type of “seminar” you attend. I’d go by the event description.

Culinary demonstration: no alcohol as of last year. Just whatever the food item is.

Beverage seminar: ~ 2-3 small samples and a bagged “snack pack” like crackers - similar to what you might pack in a lunchbox. I have heard the pours can vary a bit but do not expect anything approximating a full glass. Typically no refills.

Cheese seminar - I’ve not attended but it references drinks in the description.

Hope you enjoy your first festival!!

It depends on what type of “seminar” you attend. I’d go by the event description.

Culinary demonstration: no alcohol as of last year. Just whatever the food item is.

Beverage seminar: ~ 2-3 small samples and a bagged “snack pack” like crackers - similar to what you might pack in a lunchbox. I have heard the pours can vary a bit but do not expect anything approximating a full glass. Typically no refills.

Cheese seminar - I’ve not attended but it references drinks in the description.

Hope you enjoy your first festival!!

Thanks!

I actually ended up finding my answer also on www.allears.net

I expected a small sample, not a full serving, for a beverage seminar. I think my DH may enjoy (I was originally going solo, but he kinda wanted to tag along, so also going to book the tequila lunch as he has enjoyed tequila in the past).

Thanks!

I actually ended up finding my answer also on www.allears.net

I expected a small sample, not a full serving, for a beverage seminar. I think my DH may enjoy (I was originally going solo, but he kinda wanted to tag along, so also going to book the tequila lunch as he has enjoyed tequila in the past).

At the signature events you will likely get plenty of drinks! I was just answering on the seminars/demos. Enjoy!!!

I wish they would hurry up and release booth info already, seems later then usual this year.
It's about this time last year they released it.

Fingers crossed! My friend and I have a planning day scheduled on August 1 so I hope they are out then. That is our FP+ day and we will be doing a lot of waiting in lines the rest of the day (picking up badges and tickets for Gen Con) so would be nice to have stuff to do. We will do our Touring Plans (since we will know our FPs finally!) and also want to plan our booth attacks lol.

Went last year and had a great time with my best friend, this year I will be solo, but some days with my parents, with the concerts, do you need to do anything to see the shows?

I didn't go to any last year, but am interested in one this year.

Went last year and had a great time with my best friend, this year I will be solo, but some days with my parents, with the concerts, do you need to do anything to see the shows?

I didn't go to any last year, but am interested in one this year.
Nothing, they’re free. But if it’s a popular group it’s recommended to get in line early or buy a dining package for preferred seating.

Nothing, they’re free. But if it’s a popular group it’s recommended to get in line early or buy a dining package for preferred seating.
I don't mind if I have to sit in the back, but does the seating tend to fill up? (i.e. if I get there just a few minuted before the show will I have no seat or just a "bad one"?

I don't mind if I have to sit in the back, but does the seating tend to fill up? (i.e. if I get there just a few minuted before the show will I have no seat or just a "bad one"?

I think it depends on who the performer is. In most cases, I’d say yes, you’d be fine. But some are incredibly popular and you might need to get in line a bit earlier to guarantee a seat in the theater. For example, I’ve heard the lines for Hanson and Boys II Men can be extensive. Note that if you “just” want to enjoy the music, it can generally be heard throughout the pavilion. I’ve taken a break and just sat on a planter to enjoy a few songs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!