2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you both - I've had the soup from Canada before but the filet was definitely on my list .... as was the pork belly from Brazil. Good to know about the reviews of the shrimp scampi dip. We've had the hummus fries at Spice Road Table before, so not sure if "must do" for us at the booth, but we did enjoy them.

Brazil has been a favorite of ours for a couple years now, with the pork belly dish being our top choice, but I also love that cheese bread. Not sure how you feel about sweets but the dessert from Ireland has been consistently delicious year after year. We also enjoyed the corned beef dish from Flavors from Fire last year,

Brazil has been a favorite of ours for a couple years now, with the pork belly dish being our top choice, but I also love that cheese bread. Not sure how you feel about sweets but the dessert from Ireland has been consistently delicious year after year. We also enjoyed the corned beef dish from Flavors from Fire last year,

Definitely thinking Ireland for dessert as that dessert sounds good along with the Guiness Baileys Shake

Oh crap. My list of dishes I'd like to try is growing at an exponential rate. I really need to know which food booths will be open for the AP event on 9/6 - I need more time at F&W and don't want to redo my days!

What is the AP event?

I dug up my last post from last year’s festival. It has my ratings of everything I tried. Hopefully this will be helpful!

If an item has multiple ratings, it means I had that item multiple times! Items are listed in order of preference!

Food

Pulled Duck Confit - Wine & Dine Studio (9/10, 9/10, 9/10) - Tasty, tender, and a HUGE serving! Best item of the festival for sure!

Teriyaki Glazed Spam Hash - Hawai'i (9/10, 8/10, 7/10) - I can't believe one of my favorite items is a Spam dish! Though the last one was a small portion with hardly any spam.

Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle - Chocolate Studio (8/10, 8/10)

Braised Beef “Stroganoff” - Cheese Studio (8/10) - Very tasty, and a hearty portion.

Roasted Verlasso Salmon - Active Eats (8/10) - The chimichurri was amazing!

Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing - Hops & Barley (8/10)

Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote - Belgium (8/10)

Pão de Queijo - Brazil (8/10)

Piggy Wings - Flavors From Fire (8/10, 7/10)

Quesito - Islands of the Caribbean (8/10)

Spinach and Paneer Cheese Pocket - Africa (7/10, 8/10, 8/10, 8/10) - Has a nice spice to it.

Tipsy Laird - Scotland (8/10)

Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip - Coastal Eats (7/10, 7/10, 9/10) - Great flavor, but the Shrimp was chewy the first two times.

Salmon BLT Sushi Roll - Japan (9/10, 5/10) - The first one was amazing. All I tasted the second time was lettuce and tomato.

Passion Fruit Cheesecake - Hawai'i (7/10)

Croissant aux Escargots - France (7/10) - So buttery!

Seared Scallops - Coastal Eats (7/10, 7/10)

Seared Scallops - Wine and Dine Studio (7/10)

Korma Chicken - India (7/10)

Crispy Pork Belly - Brazil (7/10, 7/10)

“La Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon (7/10) - Had some gristle, and wasn’t remotely warm. Other than the gristle, it still tasted good.

Kalua Pork Slider - Hawai'i (8/10, 5/10) - Second one had tough, chewy meat and a completely soggy bun.

Traditional Scottish Lamb Stew - Scotland (7/10)

Seared Shrimp and Scallop Cake - Thailand (7/10)

Black Pepper Shrimp - China (7/10, 7/10)

Zesty Cheeseburger and Cheddar Cheese Macaroni Handwich - Craft Beers (7/10)

Peanut Butter White Chocolate Mousse - Earth Eats (7/10)

Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese - Active Eats (7/10)

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - Canada (7/10) - Good flavor, but it was much thicker than previous years. Pretzel roll is a nice addition.

Warm Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip - Ireland (7/10)

Smoked Corned Beef - Flavors From Fire (9/10, 5/10, 5/10) - Delicious the first time. The corned beef was borderline inedible the other times, though the chips and cheese were still good.

Pistachio Cardamom Bundt Cake - India (7/10)

Beer Braised Beef - Belgium (7/10)

Cheese Trio - Cheese Studio (7/10)

Charcuterie in a Cone - Spain (7/10)

Crème Brûlée à la Confiture de Framboises - France (6/10) - Could have been a tad sweeter. Almost tasted like milk.

Savory Caramelized Onion Boursin Garlic Cheese Tart - Cheese Studio (6/10) - Huge portion, but only okay taste.

Lump Crab Cake - Coastal Eats (6/10)

Chocolate Picante - Flavors From Fire (6/10) - Dense, but good flavor.

Wasabi Shumai Steamed Pork Dumplings - Japan (6/10) - Wife HATED these.

Roasted Irish Sausage - Ireland (6/10)

Seafood Salad - Spain (6/10) - Quite oily with TONS of bell peppers. What little seafood there was tasted pretty good.

Grilled Tuna Tataki - Hawaii (6/10)

Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimento Cheese - Hops & Barley (6/10)

Beef Empanada - Patagonia (6/10) - A bit too sweet.

L'Orange Cotton Candy - Craft Beers (6/10)

Almond Breeze Strawberry Smoothie - Almond Orchard (6/10)

Crispy Chicken - Farm Fresh (5/10, 6/10)

Warm Goat Cheese Pudding with Spinach - France (5/10)

Warm Indian Bread - India (5/10) - Bread was decent, but we didn’t like any of the sauces. I’ll stick with Sanaa for my naan fix!

Grilled Lamb T-bone - Australia (5/10) - Fatty, tough, and chewy. Bring back the lamb chop!

Sweet Pancake - Flavors From Fire (5/10) - Pancake was extremely dense.

Cauliflower Risotto - Almond Orchard (5/10)

Fresh Potato Pancake - Scotland (4/10) - Is the smoked salmon supposed to be hot? It was somewhat off putting.

Tequila and Chipotle Shrimp - Mexico (3/10) - The Shrimp were decent, but the thing they were served on was horrible.

Sweet Avocado Crema - Active Eats (2/10) - This just did not work for me. The wife liked it well enough.

Drinks

Mango Bubble Tea - China (9/10, 9/10, 8/10, 9/10, 9/10, 9/10) - So refreshing! Third one didn't have as much mango flavor, but it was still good. All others were awesome!

Moët & Chandon Brut Rosé Imperial Champagne - Almond Orchard (8/10)

Italian Margarita - Italy (8/10, 8/10, 8/10) - Extremely weak, but a very good, refreshing frozen lemonade!

Kurt Russell's Gogi Pinot Noir - Earth Eats (7/10)

Spiked Chai Latte (frozen) - Future World East Joffrey’s cart (7/10)

Two Henrys Elderberry Cream Hard Cider - Farm Fresh (6/10)

Frozen Caipirinha - Brazil (6/10)

Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Yellow Label Brut Champagne - Almond Orchard (6/10)

Mango Lassi - India (5/10)

RGB (strawberry kiwi apple freeze) - Light Lab (3/10)

Last edited:
I dug up my last post from last year’s festival. It has my ratings of everything I tried. Hopefully this will be helpful!

If an item has multiple ratings, it means I had that item multiple times! Items are listed in order of preference!

Food

Pulled Duck Confit - Wine & Dine Studio (9/10, 9/10, 9/10) - Tasty, tender, and a HUGE serving! Best item of the festival for sure!

Teriyaki Glazed Spam Hash - Hawai'i (9/10, 8/10, 7/10) - I can't believe one of my favorite items is a Spam dish! Though the last one was a small portion with hardly any spam.

Liquid Nitro Chocolate-Almond Truffle - Chocolate Studio (8/10, 8/10)

Braised Beef “Stroganoff” - Cheese Studio (8/10) - Very tasty, and a hearty portion.

Roasted Verlasso Salmon - Active Eats (8/10) - The chimichurri was amazing!

Carrot Cake and Cream Cheese Icing - Hops & Barley (8/10)

Belgian Waffle with Berry Compote - Belgium (8/10)

Pão de Queijo - Brazil (8/10)

Piggy Wings - Flavors From Fire (8/10, 7/10)

Quesito - Islands of the Caribbean (8/10)

Spinach and Paneer Cheese Pocket - Africa (7/10, 8/10, 8/10, 8/10) - Has a nice spice to it.

Tipsy Laird - Scotland (8/10)

Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip - Coastal Eats (7/10, 7/10, 9/10) - Great flavor, but the Shrimp was chewy the first two times.

Salmon BLT Sushi Roll - Japan (9/10, 5/10) - The first one was amazing. All I tasted the second time was lettuce and tomato.

Passion Fruit Cheesecake - Hawai'i (7/10)

Croissant aux Escargots - France (7/10) - So buttery!

Seared Scallops - Coastal Eats (7/10, 7/10)

Seared Scallops - Wine and Dine Studio (7/10)

Korma Chicken - India (7/10)

Crispy Pork Belly - Brazil (7/10, 7/10)

“La Cellier” Wild Mushroom Beef Filet Mignon (7/10) - Had some gristle, and wasn’t remotely warm. Other than the gristle, it still tasted good.

Kalua Pork Slider - Hawai'i (8/10, 5/10) - Second one had tough, chewy meat and a completely soggy bun.

Traditional Scottish Lamb Stew - Scotland (7/10)

Seared Shrimp and Scallop Cake - Thailand (7/10)

Black Pepper Shrimp - China (7/10, 7/10)

Zesty Cheeseburger and Cheddar Cheese Macaroni Handwich - Craft Beers (7/10)

Peanut Butter White Chocolate Mousse - Earth Eats (7/10)

Loaded Mac ‘n’ Cheese - Active Eats (7/10)

Canadian Cheddar Cheese Soup - Canada (7/10) - Good flavor, but it was much thicker than previous years. Pretzel roll is a nice addition.

Warm Cheddar Cheese and Stout Dip - Ireland (7/10)

Smoked Corned Beef - Flavors From Fire (9/10, 5/10, 5/10) - Delicious the first time. The corned beef was borderline inedible the other times, though the chips and cheese were still good.

Pistachio Cardamom Bundt Cake - India (7/10)

Beer Braised Beef - Belgium (7/10)

Cheese Trio - Cheese Studio (7/10)

Charcuterie in a Cone - Spain (7/10)

Crème Brûlée à la Confiture de Framboises - France (6/10) - Could have been a tad sweeter. Almost tasted like milk.

Savory Caramelized Onion Boursin Garlic Cheese Tart - Cheese Studio (6/10) - Huge portion, but only okay taste.

Lump Crab Cake - Coastal Eats (6/10)

Chocolate Picante - Flavors From Fire (6/10) - Dense, but good flavor.

Wasabi Shumai Steamed Pork Dumplings - Japan (6/10) - Wife HATED these.

Roasted Irish Sausage - Ireland (6/10)

Seafood Salad - Spain (6/10) - Quite oily with TONS of bell peppers. What little seafood there was tasted pretty good.

Grilled Tuna Tataki - Hawaii (6/10)

Smoked Beef Brisket and Pimento Cheese - Hops & Barley (6/10)

Beef Empanada - Patagonia (6/10) - A bit too sweet.

L'Orange Cotton Candy - Craft Beers (6/10)

Almond Breeze Strawberry Smoothie - Almond Orchard (6/10)

Crispy Chicken - Farm Fresh (5/10, 6/10)

Warm Goat Cheese Pudding with Spinach - France (5/10)

Warm Indian Bread - India (5/10) - Bread was decent, but we didn’t like any of the sauces. I’ll stick with Sanaa for my naan fix!

Grilled Lamb T-bone - Australia (5/10) - Fatty, tough, and chewy. Bring back the lamb chop!

Sweet Pancake - Flavors From Fire (5/10) - Pancake was extremely dense.

Cauliflower Risotto - Almond Orchard (5/10)

Fresh Potato Pancake - Scotland (4/10) - Is the smoked salmon supposed to be hot? It was somewhat off putting.

Tequila and Chipotle Shrimp - Mexico (3/10) - The Shrimp were decent, but the thing they were served on was horrible.

Sweet Avocado Crema - Active Eats (2/10) - This just did not work for me. The wife liked it well enough.

Drinks

Mango Bubble Tea - China (9/10, 9/10, 8/10, 9/10, 9/10, 9/10) - So refreshing! Third one didn't have as much mango flavor, but it was still good. All others were awesome!

Moët & Chandon Brut Rosé Imperial Champagne - Almond Orchard (8/10)

Italian Margarita - Italy (8/10, 8/10, 8/10) - Extremely weak, but a very good, refreshing frozen lemonade!

Kurt Russell's Gogi Pinot Noir - Earth Eats (7/10)

Spiked Chai Latte (frozen) - Future World East Joffrey’s cart (7/10)

Two Henrys Elderberry Cream Hard Cider - Farm Fresh (6/10)

Frozen Caipirinha - Brazil (6/10)

Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin Yellow Label Brut Champagne - Almond Orchard (6/10)

Mango Lassi - India (5/10)

RGB (strawberry kiwi apple freeze) - Light Lab (3/10)

Thanks for posting this - definitely interesting how your rating varied for some of the items you got multiple times

Glad to see the Duck Confit rated so high as that was one of the first things that caught my eye

Thanks for posting this - definitely interesting how your rating varied for some of the items you got multiple times

Glad to see the Duck Confit rated so high as that was one of the first things that caught my eye

I am not seeing the duck listed for 2018 at the wine and dine studio.

I suspect there are additional F&W merchandise: t-shirts, cookbooks, pins, D&B purses, possibly a magic band, etc.
I am loving loving the art print that was posted a while back.

Last year I really wanted the little stemless wine glasses that came in a set of two. But it had this ridiculous presentation board or something with it that was entirely useless that jacked the price.

Cheers to whoever posted the Food&Wine app. That’s totally fun.

Definitely a must on the Guinness shake. :drinking1

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!