2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Discussion in 'Disney Restaurants' started by crazy4wdw, Mar 12, 2018.

1. OrangeCountyCommuter

OrangeCountyCommuter DIS Veteran

Warning on those wine glasses. They must be hand washed. (And no that’s not noted on the box. The CM told me she asked her manager if they could post a notice informing customers and was told no as it would hurt sales. She told me this as I was returning mine as all the decor came off after one washing). I have an old set from F&W years ago that’s been in the dishwasher probably over 1000 times and still look great but.....apparently the quality has declined

2. happymommy

happymommy DIS Veteran

Thank you very much for the heads up! I thought they looked very cute, but knowing this I will probably decline buying them. My DH has a habit of throwing everything into the dishwasher (I hand wash quite a bit). He would totally put them in.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. OKW Lover

OKW Lover Retired and living 2 miles from The Castle. DIS Lifetime Sponsor

I second this warning. We've got some with a similar problem. Never thought to return them though.

gottalovepluto likes this.
  5. dachsie

dachsie DIS Veteran

I had that happen on a coffee mug I purchased last time I was there.

6. tink1957

tink1957 Proud Redhead

I have 2 coffee mugs that did the same thing. It seems to be a problem with the dull finished ones. I will not buy one of those again. Last year's figment cup has lasted beautifully through numerous washings.

7. elgerber

elgerber DIS Veteran

I have an older set that gets machine washed all the time, and a newer set that also held up. But I did get a set of stemmed glasses a few years back that came out of the dishwasher as plain glasses. I live in MN, but I called and they gave me a refund.

8. Tess

Tess DIS Veteran - 1997

Ditto--Disney did replace it when I called though. Sadly, thereafter I broke it. I was using it to display rather than for coffee and it fell from the hook while dusting. I still have the mug that is now plain cream color on the outside and blue on the inside. :rotfl2:

9. patster734

patster734 DIS Veteran

I go for the alcohol, and stay for the food.

10. wehrengrizz

wehrengrizz DIS Veteran

thank you! :) and it's an amazing way to visit WDW, completely different perspective. It is hard to not plan everything but on the other hand it's nice to say, oh hey, I want to do that, and literally not have to talk anyone else into it! ;) I was really glad to have a friend to split the food with too !

ksromack and TheMaxRebo like this.
  11. OrangeCountyCommuter

I got them on trip 1 and was going back in a few weeks so I boxed them up and took them back. I was not happy

12. chicagoshannon

chicagoshannon DIS Veteran

I think the general rule for Disney cups/plates etc is handwash (except Tervis). Anything you buy at the Disney store needs to be handwashed. I never understood why they do that.

jackskellingtonsgirl likes this.
  13. jt1969

jt1969 Earning My Ears

Do they do anything special on opening day?

14. OrangeCountyCommuter

What’s worse is they don’t tell you. Apparently telling customers the truth is against their policy’s. I have some other glasses that have to be hand washed I knew that when I bought them. Disney can do that too.

OKW Lover likes this.
  15. Dis_Yoda

Dis_Yoda DIS Veteran

No but you can see all the bloggers out trying to be the first out with photos and reviews.

wehrengrizz likes this.
  16. ksromack

ksromack DIS Veteran

I have a list of 77 things that dh and I would like to enjoy. We'll see how far we get. I'll have 2 lunchtime visits to Epcot with my girlfriend's and 2 lunchtime visits with dh during my 9 day trip in October. We'll definitely divide and conquer but I'm not hopeful that we'll be able to conquer it all. We have at least one thing at each booth marked, though!

The DIS had a video of some of the festival merchandise....i'm pretty sure it was this year's stuff but I may be mistaken.

I haven't activated my AP yet so I didn't get an email but I think I read it was for 2 different evenings and we won't be there either time.

17. gottalovepluto

gottalovepluto DIS Veteran

Wow. Thanks for the warning. I would have totally tried to put it in the dishwasher! And while I would have no qualms calling Disney for a refund (CA here) it would have crushed my soul a bit not being able to replace them, I tend to fall in love with all my Disney souvenirs!

18. sara_s

sara_s Mouseketeer

Getting excited for this! DH and I are attending Disney After Hours on 9/20, so our plan is to starve ourselves that morning, eat everything we want at F&W, then go into DAH for snacks. Nothing could POSSIBLY go wrong I'm sure. :rotfl:

19. kkbookmom

kkbookmom Lifelong Disney Fan

DH and myself will be at the 9/20 DAH too! Very excited (our first). Our plan is a light breakfast (I'll be hangry otherwise @.@), later lunch, then snack our way around DAH (my DH has his eyes on the ice cream!). :mickeyjum

areno79, sara_s and Haley R like this.
  20. Haley R

Haley R With all the strength of a raging fire

Eat an Olaf bar!

kkbookmom likes this.
  21. kkbookmom

kkbookmom Lifelong Disney Fan

I definitely will (I can't do dairy)! That and frozen bananas are on my list. :cool2:

Haley R likes this.