2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you! I wasn't looking in the right place!

Question. The festival Gift Cards......do you think you could transfer $$ from a regular old Disney GC purchased from Target, for example to one of these cute ones? I know I've tried transfering some disney gcs (maybe the one's purchased from the disney store) to the one I have from Target and haven't had luck in the past. I know it's just for show but I think it would be easier to just hook that festival one to my key ring or even to my neck pouch. I suppose I could just put my AP, ID, and gift card in the neck pouch but just wondering. I don't want to have to keep pulling it out of my purse and in that regard, I'd rather not even have to carry a purse.

Question. The festival Gift Cards......do you think you could transfer $$ from a regular old Disney GC purchased from Target, for example to one of these cute ones? I know I've tried transfering some disney gcs (maybe the one's purchased from the disney store) to the one I have from Target and haven't had luck in the past. I know it's just for show but I think it would be easier to just hook that festival one to my key ring or even to my neck pouch. I suppose I could just put my AP, ID, and gift card in the neck pouch but just wondering. I don't want to have to keep pulling it out of my purse and in that regard, I'd rather not even have to carry a purse.
I'd like to know this as well because we will most likely have Disney GCs before coming in October.

We are going to that as well! Studios in the AM, DVC member Mixology class in the afternoon, then DAH. We have an ADR for dinner, though, so I am not sure how many snacks we will be able to consume at MK.

We will be at DAH on 9/20 too! We are doing the HEA Dessert Party before it starts but I am determined to try a frozen banana, no matter how full I am, because I have never had one.

There is a web site where you can enter up to 4 cards (I think) and I've had Disney cards I've bought from Target then bought a festival card and added it to the site and made that my primary card, combining them all. https://www.disneygiftcard.com/

and @Haley R - if you use the https://www.disneygiftcard.com/ you should be able to transfer from a plain card to a fancy one

They posted a picture that lists out the kid da activities including the candy sushi which it says you have to sign up for at tasteepcot.com ... but for the life of me I don’t see it there. Is it maybe not open yet for signups or am I just dumb?

View attachment 343042

I called Disney dining and was told reservations for this event start on 8/16.

Sounds good thank you! We do use the online site because we combine cards but I didn’t know you could do it with the festival cards. I think we will get one to help monitor our spending at f&w plus I love the designs.
Agreed! I have an 8 day trip in early October and I have to pay for 2 different rooms, upgrade dh's 5 day hopper to an AP, book the bounce back offer, and eat! I think I will spread it all out to 2 or 3 gcs! I admit it makes me a bit nervous to walk around with $1000s on one card but luckily I do have the website that if one card was misplaced I could still transfer the $ from that card to another I have handy. I remember the day when we couldn't do that.....I stood at the front desk at Paradise Pier hotel in CA with a stack of gcs to pay our bill (at least I chose to do so at 6am soas not to interfere with other hotel guests).

Agreed! I have an 8 day trip in early October and I have to pay for 2 different rooms, upgrade dh's 5 day hopper to an AP, book the bounce back offer, and eat! I think I will spread it all out to 2 or 3 gcs! I admit it makes me a bit nervous to walk around with $1000s on one card but luckily I do have the website that if one card was misplaced I could still transfer the $ from that card to another I have handy. I remember the day when we couldn't do that.....I stood at the front desk at Paradise Pier hotel in CA with a stack of gcs to pay our bill (at least I chose to do so at 6am soas not to interfere with other hotel guests).
Haha I'm glad I never had to experience that. We normally buy all of our GCs from Target to get the 5% off and merge them onto one card. It's really nice that that is an option so I don't have to carry a bunch of different cards and remember how much is on each card. I showed DH the F&W GCs and he was like why can't we just use our MBs? I said "because I know what happens when we do that...we spend way more than we should" lol

Haha I'm glad I never had to experience that. We normally buy all of our GCs from Target to get the 5% off and merge them onto one card. It's really nice that that is an option so I don't have to carry a bunch of different cards and remember how much is on each card. I showed DH the F&W GCs and he was like why can't we just use our MBs? I said "because I know what happens when we do that...we spend way more than we should" lol
The first part of our trip is actually me with 6 of my high school gal pals......friends for 40+ years. We're in a BWV and I'm putting the kabash on magic band use. It's all in my name and I don't want to be stuck with owing anything that isn't mine! I'm staying another 4 nights with dh after the gals leave for some more fun! You are totally right, too......it's so easy to just scan that MB!

The first part of our trip is actually me with 6 of my high school gal pals......friends for 40+ years. We're in a BWV and I'm putting the kabash on magic band use. It's all in my name and I don't want to be stuck with owing anything that isn't mine! I'm staying another 4 nights with dh after the gals leave for some more fun! You are totally right, too......it's so easy to just scan that MB!
Oh I don’t blame you. I would be mad if that happened to me. When we went in March we took our niece and her mom but they were able to charge stuff on their bands to their own credit card. You could try that.

Fwiw Disney can link specific credit/debit cards to specific magic bands when you check in. Do it and then ask for your folios for each person next time you pass the front desk and you should see items divided out by charger. I’ve done that on 2 different trips.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!