2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Actually considering trekking from my dinner at The Wave over to Epcot, then back for HEA. Just to squeeze in those four days.

Wonder if I could monorail over and back in under 2 hours.
I am planning to do that right before a party. Should finish lunch at 2 and will monorail to Epcot, go hit a booth or two for dessert and head back to MK for the party at 4pm

4 visits is a lot. My guess is they are looking to limit the number of cutting boards they give out.

We’re there Labour Day weekend, staying at YC. As long as we get there before park close on Friday, I can scan my band each day at the IG then pick up a cutting board on Monday before we leave. Woo hoo. That’s doable. Now if only I can convince DH to walk over with me each morning so we can get a second one...

I was just looking to see how many visits were required to get the tumbler in 2016 (answer: 3) and the google results included an eBay listing with one of these “rare” glasses for $42.99. Holy cow!

I went to check availability for the candy sushi this morning and the whole calendar is grey'd out. Typical Disney website glitch or not bookable online anymore?

@Cece_Kay, FYI, I got an error message when I tried just now "Dining reservations are currently unavailable. We’re working to restore availability as soon as possible. Please check back later."

I wonder how long those passholder exclusive merchandise will last each release. We're there 2 Thursdays but happen to be the two Thursdays between the first two releases.

We have events booked on 3 different days, and another evening that we were just planning to stroll around so we'll actually manage 4 days without juggling anything around. The "Passholder Shopping" on Thursday morning just made me laugh. I am not going to worry about jumping out of bed and sprinting over to the IG so I can go in and buy stuff. No. Just no.

Well Disney got me with all the AP announcements today - I already had 3 days in WDW planned for October and a trip next week where I was going to be leaving on the 29th. Between getting my 4th day for the cutting board, getting an extra Food and Wine Day in, checking out the AP shopping event that morning, and (hopefully) getting some Disney art I added a day on for myself after my family all goes home. The F&W excitement is extreme now!

I appreciate them making up for last year's buttons that no one wanted

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/events-tours/epcot/food-wine-annual-passholder-exclusives/
No word on a Dooney yet???

So a few things I noticed in the merchandise section of this .. first, some of the AP merchandise is only being released in stages. For example, those 4 glasses that were shown, only two are being released on the first Thursday and then 2 others are released the next Thursday

Also, @eeyoreland it does mention "a Dooney and Bourke handbag" so I guess there will be one

"
Festival Merchandise
Shop for Passholder-exclusive Festival merchandise—and make the most of your 20% Passholder discount.

Be on the lookout for Festival favorites like apparel, pins and a Dooney and Bourke handbag. Browse new items, including a Festival-themed pitcher and matching glasses. Plus, new in 2018, Passholder-exclusive themed merchandise will be released throughout the Festival, so mark your calendar for the following release dates:

• Thursday, August 30: Releases will feature a Figment t-shirt and cinch sack, a beverage pitcher and 2 glasses featuring Figment and Minnie Mouse
  • Thursday, September 20: Releases will feature a Goofy raglan tee, a ladies fashion tee and 2 glasses featuring Mickey Mouse and a fun Festival tagline
  • Thursday, October 18: Releases will feature a Remy hoodie and Remy Tervis® drinkware
Note: Merchandise available while supplies last. For merchandise discounts, each Guest must present a valid Passholder ID and government-issued photo ID at time of purchase to receive the discount."

I wonder how long those passholder exclusive merchandise will last each release. We're there 2 Thursdays but happen to be the two Thursdays between the first two releases.

Hopefully they put some limits on the merchandise available for purchase to dissuade enterprising eBayers. So frustrating when you see people buying 10 of an item.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter