2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
4 visits is a lot. My guess is they are looking to limit the number of cutting boards they give out.
For a passholder, I don't think 4 visits is a lot. Food and Wine runs for 75 days and many AP holders will visit several times during the 75 days.

Some people have only one member of the family with an AP just to get the discounts, and I don't think that Disney is looking to give those people the gift.
Note: not that I feel there's anything wrong with getting the AP for the discount.... it's great!!!
I think Disney is truly trying to give the AP holders that do visit often a nice perk!!

Kudos to Disney for having this! It was so disappointing last year with only a silly pin. Previous years we received glasses which were great!!

We’re there Labour Day weekend, staying at YC. As long as we get there before park close on Friday, I can scan my band each day at the IG then pick up a cutting board on Monday before we leave. Woo hoo. That’s doable. Now if only I can convince DH to walk over with me each morning so we can get a second one...
I think you have to go to the festival center, not just scan into the park. Which is still doable, just more walking. ETA: I'm wrong, the email made it sound like you had to go to the festival center all 4 days, but on the website it says "Passholder visits will be tracked upon park entry, so you only need to visit the Festival Center's distribution location to redeem your gifts or check your number of visits.".

I think you have to go to the festival center, not just scan into the park. Which is still doable, just more walking. ETA: I'm wrong, the email made it sound like you had to go to the festival center all 4 days, but on the website it says "Passholder visits will be tracked upon park entry, so you only need to visit the Festival Center's distribution location to redeem your gifts or check your number of visits.".

Does this mean number of times you have visited or number of days visited? We aren't going to be there for long enough to visit on four different days since we are catching the tail-end. If it is just considering a visit, even if in the same day, it might be more doable.

Either way it is a great gift even though I don't think we will be able to acquire it!

Does anyone know the location of the F&W play area for kids? Trying to incorporate it into our plans for EPCOT day!

makes that an expensive cutting board! .... though, obviously with the side benefit of being at WDW another day ;)

Yes, especially considering that I have an overlapping reservation at a Universal Orlando hotel (Stay More, Save More rate). Earlier this month, I was able to find a Slinky Dog FP+ for that day, with the plan to Lyft over and back from DHS. I was leaning towards just cancelling the FP, and remaining at UO for the day. Good thing I kept the SD FP.

Does anyone know the location of the F&W play area for kids? Trying to incorporate it into our plans for EPCOT day!

I believe it is over by Test Track! I don't know exact location but it is in that area.

Yeah, the release just says "near Test Track":

Festival Play Area: Located near Test Track, this area will be themed around the upcoming animated feature by Walt Disney Animation Studios, Ralph Breaks the Internet: Wreck-It Ralph 2.

For a passholder, I don't think 4 visits is a lot. Food and Wine runs for 75 days and many AP holders will visit several times during the 75 days.

Some people have only one member of the family with an AP just to get the discounts, and I don't think that Disney is looking to give those people the gift.
Note: not that I feel there's anything wrong with getting the AP for the discount.... it's great!!!
I think Disney is truly trying to give the AP holders that do visit often a nice perk!!

Kudos to Disney for having this! It was so disappointing last year with only a silly pin. Previous years we received glasses which were great!!

As an out of state AP holder, I feel that 4 visits is too much. If I lived in Orlando, I’m sure my opinion would be different.

Does this mean number of times you have visited or number of days visited? We aren't going to be there for long enough to visit on four different days since we are catching the tail-end. If it is just considering a visit, even if in the same day, it might be more doable.

Either way it is a great gift even though I don't think we will be able to acquire it!

4 days. Entering, leaving, and then re-entering on the same day counts as 1 visit.

As an out of state AP holder, I feel that 4 visits is too much. If I lived in Orlando, I’m sure my opinion would be different.

I disagree. They have to set some kind of limit, and four visits seems fair. I’m Canadian, and we’ve got two long weekend trips booked during F&W, both at Epcot resorts. Between the two trips, I’ll likely hit Epcot legitimately at least four or five times. We parkhop a lot, and cruise through Epcot most days for at least an hour or two. It’s not taking me much effort to enter Epcot an extra time just to make sure I get the gift on the first trip rather than waiting until our October one.

4 days. Entering, leaving, and then re-entering on the same day counts as 1 visit.

Aw, shucks. That board isn't gonna happen then unless they have an excess on the last day and are just giving them out (YEAH RIGHT!). :rotfl2:

Thank you Thursdays for annual passholders at the Food & Wine Festival: https://wdwnt.com/2018/08/v-i-passh...epcot-during-the-2018-food-and-wine-festival/

Hysterical... Leave it to Disney to try to make us think they are doing a favor by taking our money!

Well Disney got me with all the AP announcements today - I already had 3 days in WDW planned for October and a trip next week where I was going to be leaving on the 29th. Between getting my 4th day for the cutting board, getting an extra Food and Wine Day in, checking out the AP shopping event that morning, and (hopefully) getting some Disney art I added a day on for myself after my family all goes home. The F&W excitement is extreme now!

And it worked!

Because my wife wants that chopping board, we’ve added another day to our room reservation, and will now visit Epcot on the 4 required days.

There are going to be the most expensive cutting boards ever! For something that probably cost Disney $1 they are getting hundreds of dollars!

I disagree. They have to set some kind of limit, and four visits seems fair. I’m Canadian, and we’ve got two long weekend trips booked during F&W, both at Epcot resorts. Between the two trips, I’ll likely hit Epcot legitimately at least four or five times. We parkhop a lot, and cruise through Epcot most days for at least an hour or two. It’s not taking me much effort to enter Epcot an extra time just to make sure I get the gift on the first trip rather than waiting until our October one.

I agree. I also live outside of Florida and will be down for two long-weekend F&W trips, so 4 visits will be easy!

What's so typical is that I haven't heard anything from Disney on this. The only way I know about the cutting board, 4 days, shopping Thursdays, etc. is by reading it here. And from what I've heard in the past, I'm probably not alone on this.
You are not alone. I never get the emails even though I have reported the problem to IT and my case has "been escalated".

So a few things I noticed in the merchandise section of this .. first, some of the AP merchandise is only being released in stages. For example, those 4 glasses that were shown, only two are being released on the first Thursday and then 2 others are released the next Thursday

Also, @eeyoreland it does mention "a Dooney and Bourke handbag" so I guess there will be one

"
Festival Merchandise
Shop for Passholder-exclusive Festival merchandise—and make the most of your 20% Passholder discount.

Be on the lookout for Festival favorites like apparel, pins and a Dooney and Bourke handbag. Browse new items, including a Festival-themed pitcher and matching glasses. Plus, new in 2018, Passholder-exclusive themed merchandise will be released throughout the Festival, so mark your calendar for the following release dates:

• Thursday, August 30: Releases will feature a Figment t-shirt and cinch sack, a beverage pitcher and 2 glasses featuring Figment and Minnie Mouse
  • Thursday, September 20: Releases will feature a Goofy raglan tee, a ladies fashion tee and 2 glasses featuring Mickey Mouse and a fun Festival tagline
  • Thursday, October 18: Releases will feature a Remy hoodie and Remy Tervis® drinkware
Note: Merchandise available while supplies last. For merchandise discounts, each Guest must present a valid Passholder ID and government-issued photo ID at time of purchase to receive the discount."

I'm disappointed those 4 glasses won't be released all at the same time. I get it. If they stagger stuff they think they can get people to make repeat visits. Unfortunately, when you live in Wisconsin that just isn't going to happen :-(.

I agree. I'm in Wisconsin and am only going for a long weekend so won't make the 4 days. This must be Disney's way to give a nicer gift, but not have to give it to all passholders.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter