2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
One more caveat. Disney’s systems have been known to be fickle so, while unlikely, there’s a chance the readers won’t be functioning. I always try to have alternate payment with me, just in case.
Very good point!!! :thumbsup2
Two years ago we had a lot of rain and they had a lot of trouble with the registers not working, so were only taking cash at many of them. So we always keep a small amount of cash just in case!

We have a night at a hotel around Disney Springs before our trip starts so we’re for sure doing 1 dinner (but only 1) at Disney Springs. No idea where we should go though! Picking one place for dinner is not going to be easy!
Boathouse. Love this inf
No, you can use it at all the booths.

Assuming the crack IT shop at Disney is working

One more caveat. Disney’s systems have been known to be fickle so, while unlikely, there’s a chance the readers won’t be functioning. I always try to have alternate payment with me, just in case.

Last year one Friday night the entire system was down. Lots of upset people couldn’t get anything at the booths. (Lines were short for the rest of us). And just this past Monday I was buying lunch at Les Halles in the France pavilion where people were having to go elsewhere because magic bands were not working

How are the culinary demonstrations? I see "chicken" as the description for one of my dates, and that doesn't tell me a ton. Are they worth the time? Are there samples?
If you like to gamble, you can wait until the day of the demonstration and check out the information board when you enter the festival center. Usually there is a detailed description of the dish that is going to be prepared. If you're interested in a beverage seminar, there is usually information on the actual wines/spirits which will be presented for tasting. The only downside is that the demonstration may be sold out.

If you like to gamble, you can wait until the day of the demonstration and check out the information board when you enter the festival center. Usually there is a detailed description of the dish that is going to be prepared. If you're interested in a beverage seminar, there is usually information on the actual wines/spirits which will be presented for tasting. The only downside is that the demonstration may be sold out.

It'll mean cutting out some character meets around WS, but the characters will still be around when I return to WDW. I think I'm going to just chance it and reserve a spot now. Is there a cancellation policy? I don't see one outlined on the reservation page for the demos.

It'll mean cutting out some character meets around WS, but the characters will still be around when I return to WDW. I think I'm going to just chance it and reserve a spot now. Is there a cancellation policy? I don't see one outlined on the reservation page for the demos.
Refunds are not given for cancelled F & W events.

You'll only get a refund if they cancel or change an event.

I think I'm comfortable with that. My goal this trip is to do some things I've never done before or seasonal/festival-specific things. It looks like I can still do most of the "normal" things I was hoping for AND the culinary demo. So I'm going to book it.

Thanks for your help, all!

Last edited:
How much does the map change from year to year? Can I expect returning booths to be in the same area as the 2017 map?

I think I saw this earlier, but do the booths in Future World and showcase plaza open any earlier than those in WS proper?

Last edited:
How much does the map change from year to year? Can I expect returning booths to be in the same area as the 2017 map?

I think I saw this earlier, but donthe booths in Future World and showcase plaza open any earlier than those in WS proper?
I don’t think the map changes too much for returning booths.

I don’t recall FW booths opening any earlier than the others.

For anyone who has done the Parisian Breakfast - did you have to get a physical ticket from the festival center or just check in at the restaurant? Also what about the Mix it, Make it classes - did you have to pick up a ticket at the festival center? Both show in my MDE

For anyone who has done the Parisian Breakfast - did you have to get a physical ticket from the festival center or just check in at the restaurant? Also what about the Mix it, Make it classes - did you have to pick up a ticket at the festival center? Both show in my MDE

We just checked in at the Chefs front desk for the Parisian breakfast, much like a regular adr.

I think I saw this earlier, but do the booths in Future World and showcase plaza open any earlier than those in WS proper?

The Future World booths have historically opened at ~11 (maybe 5-10 min early if ready for the day). The Festival Center, however, has opened with the park at 9 and this year it sounds like the mimosa bar with baked goods will be in there as well as the wine shop with a few food options. The Chocolate Experience is also there. In the evening, none of the booths have historically been open for evening extra magic hours. Similarly, I don’t think festival center opens for morning EMH.

Very good point!!! :thumbsup2
Two years ago we had a lot of rain and they had a lot of trouble with the registers not working, so were only taking cash at many of them. So we always keep a small amount of cash just in case!

definitely good advice! We are staying offsite so can't use Magic bands and plan to use Disney gift cards and/or credit cards but will also be sure to have some cash with us if the systems go down

I think I'm comfortable with that. My goal this trip is to do some things I've never done before or seasonal/festival-specific things. It looks like I can still do most of the "normal" things I was hoping for AND the culinary demo. So I'm going to book it.

Thanks for your help, all!

We've done a few in the past and generally enjoyed them - they aren't that much $ and don't take too much time so we found them worth it

We've also done a couple of the lunch pairings (the tequila one we did a few years ago was great!) and also found those to be pretty good value compared to other things

Im loving every booths menu except Thailand.... any recommendations for that one guys?

I'm a big fan of peanut sauce and while pad Thai isn't on the menu (sadly), that chicken dish looks fairly close to it. I can't remember if I had it last year (or if it was on the menu) or not but it sounds promising.

I'm a big fan of peanut sauce and while pad Thai isn't on the menu (sadly), that chicken dish looks fairly close to it. I can't remember if I had it last year (or if it was on the menu) or not but it sounds promising.

I just checked last year’s F&W Passport, and the Marinated Chicken with Peanut Sauce and Stir-fried Vegetables was available.

Curious about other people’s strategies for visiting the booths. Based on the app there are 35 booths with food (the others have drinks only). Do you try to pick at least one item from every booth or just pick your favorites and revisit multiple times? I’m trying to pick at least one item from every booth. Some booths I’ve picked multiple items. The only booths I don’t have anything picked for is the festival center wine shop, islands of the Caribbean, Italy, shimmering sips mimosa bar, Spain, funnel cake and taste track. Just curious what other people do!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts