2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Curious about other people’s strategies for visiting the booths. Based on the app there are 35 booths with food (the others have drinks only). Do you try to pick at least one item from every booth or just pick your favorites and revisit multiple times? I’m trying to pick at least one item from every booth. Some booths I’ve picked multiple items. The only booths I don’t have anything picked for is the festival center wine shop, islands of the Caribbean, Italy, shimmering sips mimosa bar, Spain, funnel cake and taste track. Just curious what other people do!
I have never eaten at every single booth. Italy, for example, is always skippable on the food side. There are only a few items I've ever had twice. Don't get obsessed with going to every single booth. Quality vs quantity, and at the festival you want quality.

I have never eaten at every single booth. Italy, for example, is always skippable on the food side. There are only a few items I've ever had twice. Don't get obsessed with going to every single booth. Quality vs quantity, and at the festival you want quality.
And its really a shame. Some of the best food I ever has was in Italy. I am looking at the chicken Caccitore dish but will see what the reviews say

Curious about other people’s strategies for visiting the booths. Based on the app there are 35 booths with food (the others have drinks only). Do you try to pick at least one item from every booth or just pick your favorites and revisit multiple times? I’m trying to pick at least one item from every booth. Some booths I’ve picked multiple items. The only booths I don’t have anything picked for is the festival center wine shop, islands of the Caribbean, Italy, shimmering sips mimosa bar, Spain, funnel cake and taste track. Just curious what other people do!

I have a similar strategy to you. I usually go 2 or 3 times in one trip so I can hit up most of the booths and not overdo it all at once. Usually just one item per booth with a couple repeats thrown in like the filet over at Canada. I rarely skip booths and it's only because of time or if it's not offering anything particularly exciting to me. For example, the past couple years I've skipped the Patagonia booth (now discontinued) since I can get those offerings whenever I want at home. Still going over this year's list and so far I'm not seeing much that doesn't interest me booth-wise. Just don't tell my credit card. :)

I agree with Italy 1)because the reviews are just awful and 2)because none of the items are unique. I would like to try and visit most of the booths as I could be pleasantly surprised by some items. :flower:

I have a similar strategy to you. I usually go 2 or 3 times in one trip so I can hit up most of the booths and not overdo it all at once. Usually just one item per booth with a couple repeats thrown in like the filet over at Canada. I rarely skip booths and it's only because of time or if it's not offering anything particularly exciting to me. For example, the past couple years I've skipped the Patagonia booth (now discontinued) since I can get those offerings whenever I want at home. Still going over this year's list and so far I'm not seeing much that doesn't interest me booth-wise. Just don't tell my credit card. :)

Hands down Canada more than once :worship:! This trip we have three afternoons planned so hopefully we can get in all the items we’ve picked.

We visit every booth, some multiple times. We spread it out over the course of our visit or visits. This year I go twice!

I’m going to really try and hit all the booths (minus the ones I listed). I’m actually going to hit the ones I had on my list last year that I missed (here’s looking at you, Coastal Eats-Baked Shrimp Scampi Dip)! I can’t believe I missed it last year and am so glad it’s back this year! :cool1:

We start at one end and eat at every booth and get everything we think looks good at each booth. But once we get full, we stop. And go back another day, start at the other end and do it all over again. That is our meal for the day.

By the third time, we are stopping at the ones we really liked and getting seconds of what we really liked. Like the Belgian Waffle with fruit or chocolate, Canadian soup/steak.

I go based solely on food and drink. If I want 3 things from one booth and nothing from the next I skip the next booth. It doesn’t feel like a loss because I eat/drink so much at the others I feel I get the whole experience.

We start at one end and eat at every booth and get everything we think looks good at each booth. But once we get full, we stop. And go back another day, start at the other end and do it all over again. That is our meal for the day.

By the third time, we are stopping at the ones we really liked and getting seconds of what we really liked. Like the Belgian Waffle with fruit or chocolate, Canadian soup/steak.
YAAAZZZZ on those waffles. We skipped our last seminar last year because we wanted seconds on those waffles... In retrospect those we VERY expensive waffles- but it made us very happy. YOLO!

Our list is growing daily, between DD and I, we are up to 45 items...actually 46 as we want to try the spam hash in Hawaii, thank you Elberger for the thumbs up on it as I would have passed it by!

I usually make a list of what I'd like to try and since I don't go till a few weeks into the festival and sometimes only at the very end I have time to read quite a few reviews. Sometimes reviews will make me strike an item of my list, sometimes not.

Got to agree with several of the PP's to spread your F&W visits over several days. We find that we are pretty full by the time we get half way around. We go clockwise one day and counter-clockwise the next visit just so we can hit all the ones we want to try.

Is there a historical list with items that have counted as “snack credit” in past years?

Got to agree with several of the PP's to spread your F&W visits over several days. We find that we are pretty full by the time we get half way around. We go clockwise one day and counter-clockwise the next visit just so we can hit all the ones we want to try.

Definitely agree! Last year we had three days and this year we will have the same. But we will be focusing on Epcot and not any of the other parks so I think we will be able to get in more items this year.

Question: Since the Parisian Breakfast starts at 9:15 and you should check in sooner, will they allow you through the breakfast line before the park opens? Especially since you have to walk all the way to France. I considered parking at HS and going thru International gateway but will be in Future world when I am ready to leave that afternoon.

And its really a shame. Some of the best food I ever has was in Italy. I am looking at the chicken Caccitore dish but will see what the reviews say
I'm with you...... Italy has been hit or miss for booths at Food and Wine and Flower and Garden. But it looks like they have all different items this year.... So we are planning to try it.

Question: Since the Parisian Breakfast starts at 9:15 and you should check in sooner, will they allow you through the breakfast line before the park opens? Especially since you have to walk all the way to France. I considered parking at HS and going thru International gateway but will be in Future world when I am ready to leave that afternoon.

I can only answer re. International Gateway, they won't let you cross over the bridge by the UK towards France until 9AM. This results in a pretty long check-in line but it moves pretty fast. This year the start was moved to 9:15 which is a plus. We were never seated anywhere close to 9AM in the past due to check-in.

How difficult is the scavenger hunt? If we attend over three days (two half and one full), would we be able to complete it at a casual pace?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter