2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just noticed that there are some glasses that are identified as "Annual Passholder glasses". Wouldn't it be great if those were AP gifts? Especially since one is the Figment glass that I'm already drooling over. However, realistically it probably only means that they're available to Annual Passholders at the "low, low price of...." some outrageous sum. Hey, maybe that's our AP gift this year-the opportunity to buy those glasses!
I wish the Sip one was a stemless wineglass instead of tumbler

I agree, they will most likely be sold in a set of 4.
I LOVE the stemless glass! Also will be sold in a set of 4. I am running out of room for stemless F&W glasses LOL.
Oh, I hope the stemless wine glass isn't a set of 4. Really only need/want 1. But I wouldn't care if the other glasses were a set.

I know you're being sarcastic but there isn't a chance that we don't get a gift at all

There is a very strong chance that we do not get a gift. The gift Has only been around for a couple of years. The first year was the wine glass, the second year was another type of glass. And of course last year was the outstanding pin.

Most of us made it clear to Disney that at all they could give us was Junk like the pin, they should just not bother. So they may not bother this year.

Honestly if all they’re going to give me is throwaway trash they can keep it

There is a very strong chance that we do not get a gift. The gift Has only been around for a couple of years. The first year was the wine glass, the second year was another type of glass. And of course last year was the outstanding pin.

Most of us made it clear to Disney that at all they could give us was Junk like the pin, they should just not bother. So they may not bother this year.

Honestly if all they’re going to give me is throwaway trash they can keep it

I’m not expecting a gift this year. If Disney was giving a gift, I’d expect that they would have advertised it by now for the publicity. I think the two VIP Passholder nights at Epcot are their “gift” to Passholders during F&W.

I’m not expecting a gift this year. If Disney was giving a gift, I’d expect that they would have advertised it by now for the publicity. I think the two VIP Passholder nights at Epcot are their “gift” to Passholders during F&W.

And the booths probably won't even be open during those times anyway as the booths aren't open during EMH.

So do we think there will be more merch coming out, or will this be it? I was hoping for more Figment items.

So I know this is a loaded question and opinions vary, but this will be our first time to Food and Wine Festival in about 5 years and we only have one day to go there (we didn't plan the trip around F&WF, just with it starting so early, we can fit one day in)

Since that means a number of booth items are at least "new to us" what are your "must try" items we should keep in mind and which ones that you thoughts sounded good but reality did not match expectations / hype and can be skipped?

So I know this is a loaded question and opinions vary, but this will be our first time to Food and Wine Festival in about 5 years and we only have one day to go there (we didn't plan the trip around F&WF, just with it starting so early, we can fit one day in)

Since that means a number of booth items are at least "new to us" what are your "must try" items we should keep in mind and which ones that you thoughts sounded good but reality did not match expectations / hype and can be skipped?

I would say Canada is a must. Both the filet and the soup. I did not get to try the shrimp scampi dip at Coastal Eats last year but the reviews I’ve seen are great so that is a must do for me this year. I really liked the hummus fries in Morocco. France has the escargot croissant that I really like. Enjoy!

My favorites are the pork belly from Brazil, the beef bourguignon from France (its different this year though), and filet mignon from Canada.

I would say Canada is a must. Both the filet and the soup. I did not get to try the shrimp scampi dip at Coastal Eats last year but the reviews I’ve seen are great so that is a must do for me this year. I really liked the hummus fries in Morocco. France has the escargot croissant that I really like. Enjoy!

My favorites are the pork belly from Brazil, the beef bourguignon from France (its different this year though), and filet mignon from Canada.

Thank you both - I've had the soup from Canada before but the filet was definitely on my list .... as was the pork belly from Brazil. Good to know about the reviews of the shrimp scampi dip. We've had the hummus fries at Spice Road Table before, so not sure if "must do" for us at the booth, but we did enjoy them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter