2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Question... HOW crazy are the crowds from locals on a Saturday night? I'm in the "week to go, rethink everything" stage and seriously considering skipping Epcot ( :( ) since the only day I could do it is Saturday 9/8. I want to see Illuminations since I'm not sure when I'll be back, but...if the crowds are horrible, I'll just keep my memories.

CRAZY! It's wall to wall people

Did anyone else notice the Banfi Rosa Regale is $0.50 cheaper at Ghiradelli ($9.50) as compared to The Chocolate Studio ($10)?

That's because they add tax at Ghiradelli and tax is included at the Studio.

]

I have family there now and I’m trying to find this out for them. I don’t see anything so far, but IIRC the past two years, we didn’t know until the Festival started that they were offered and what the exclusions were.
CMs have been saying "no sampler' this year and since it's not been shown anywhere I am voting it's gone.

I’d say Saturday nights are pretty intense. Not to NYE levels but noticeably more crowded than the rest of the week, for sure. If I could avoid it, I would (& do) but if my one day, I’d dont think I’d let it scare me away. Just have to go in with the right expectations.

WDWNT just put both on their top list so I say, if they look appealing, give them a try!

https://wdwnt.com/2018/08/wdwnts-to...-epcot-international-food-wine-festival-2018/

—————-

Also, FYI- Josh over at easywdw has started posting reviews as well! I’m going to have a lot of reading material tonight!
It's interesting seeing how some love certain things and others hate them. The first review I read said no on the croissant doughnut and this one put it in the top 5

Do the booths close right at close? Or earlier? Hoping to hit one near close - although the food may be less than stellar now that I’m thinking about it.

Also, is the souvenir beaker at Light Lab made of glass or plastic?

Last edited:
It's interesting seeing how some love certain things and others hate them. The first review I read said no on the croissant doughnut and this one put it in the top 5
I love cronuts, but they have them year round, so maybe that's why they said no to it? There are certain things I LOVE at the festival but I can get them anytime, so I pass on them when there's a more rare item I could try.

Do the booths close right at close? Or earlier? Hoping to hit one near close - although the food may be less than stellar now that I’m thinking about it.

Also, is the souvenir beaker at Light Lab made of glass or plastic?
In my experience they close RIGHT when the fireworks start, and I would bet the cup is made of plastic. Do they serve anything in glass in the parks that you can carry around? Even the souvenir "glasses" you can get are plastic. I think it's too much of a risk that people will drop them to give out glass, sadly.

Huh... seems weird. I’d rather have one person in line ordering drinks for 4 than 4 people filling up the line...

This isn't new new, or specific to Disney\Food and Wine. I believe it has to do with Florida ABC laws. You can only purchase two alcoholic beverages per adult with ID.

Other than food, does anyone have a list of wine or beers that they are looking to try? The RGB Flight in Light Lab sounds interesting

Does anyone bring a tray with them? I saw it suggested somewhere, but I’m wondering whether it is necessary. I’m trying not to have too much in my park bag, if I need one at all.

Does anyone bring a tray with them? I saw it suggested somewhere, but I’m wondering whether it is necessary. I’m trying not to have too much in my park bag, if I need one at all.
I purchased the Plastic F&W Tray with a drinkholder and a compartment for food a few years ago. I like it and typically bring it with us. :drinking1

I saw someone with a resort tray today and it looked awkward to carry. We’re on our way back to the room but the lines weren’t bad. I’m sure once 5pm rolls around the locals will be out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter