2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just curious-were any of the price increases on food or all on beverages? Maybe they did it because Disney was afraid that guests would make a special trip from MK to Epcot (such a short jaunt) just to save 50 cents on a bottle of water.
No. DFB example has all beers at one booth going up .25, flight going up .50, food prices increasing. Hopefully we’ll get fully updated menus in the next few days.

I think this is in relation to the $15 pay increase. I think we will be seeing all food increasing across all of Disney. This is just the first round.
Yeah, Disney was never going to eat that cost. No company will that has high enough demand. I don’t like it but more power to them as they determine just where they stand on the pricing scale, it will work until it doesn’t.

It's not just for food. First, we're tacking on fees to stay at the resorts. Then, we're adding extra hours to HS and MK so that people can actually try to ride the popular attractions, but that's not included with the price of admission. Speaking of admission, you could now pay more for your tickets depending on what "season" you go in. But this is a tangent for another thread perhaps.

Food, focus on food. I totally agree. I don't think it's fair that people who are going during the later half of the festival have to pay more for the same portions that were offered at the beginning. I mean, they've already run out of some of the decorative glasses so now people are going to have to pay a higher price for plastic cups that get tossed in the trash. Many guests have set budgets that are already stretched thin. A dollar here or a dollar there may not seem like much, but it adds up. If they wanted to increase the prices for next year, fine, but changing it in the middle of the event seems unfair. Of course, Disney doesn't really care what I think so the point is moot.
I made a Google spreadsheet with the food Dh and I picked out. I had all of the prices on there and had the sums for each of our lists. We just won't be getting as much now. Disney screwed themselves by doing this, not me.

This has nothing to do with giving Disney employees more money. They would have known that on September 1st when this thing started. This is a money grab . And it makes me very glad that I will probably only wind up spending one day at the festival this year. I’m going to be spending my money in other places where it’s more valued and you get better value

It’s not a surprise that it comes at quarter start. They want to milk the fourth quarter for all the cash they can get. And anyone who thinks the tickets will be cheaper with the new pricing, fantasyland has not left the Magic Kingdom. You will be paying more., The increase in profits they are going to make is going to far exceed the minimal increase in pay they will be giving. This has a lot more with covering the less than desired earnings from things like ESPN than wages

Last edited:
Okay, I have the WDW app; I am not finding the F&W map and list of foods people are posting about. So, I googled F&W app. Nothing. I have an Android phone. Help please as I would love to have this app!!

I saw the Epcot trays on Tim Tracker's vlog. Need to find these trays when we get there on the 14th!! Cannot wait. With a party of 5 they will be needed.
search for WDW Food & Wine app. gotta have the WDW in front of it

I made a Google spreadsheet with the food Dh and I picked out. I had all of the prices on there and had the sums for each of our lists. We just won't be getting as much now. Disney screwed themselves by doing this, not me.
:wave: Do we have confirmation other prices went up besides Refreshment Port & the beer place?

Not seeing the WDW Food & Wine App for Android phones. I think I am out of luck. Out whole fam of 5 has Android.

I'm checking out DFB's booth menu updates and pretty much every beer and beer flight has gone up by .25 - .50. This makes me so angry. I mean, I realize it's only a quarter but doing this halfway through the festival is super skeezy.

However, it will save me money in the long run...I simply won't be getting as much as previously planned and if I do want to spend more money I won't be throwing it away at these booths. So thanks, Disney, for helping me curate my list a bit more!

It’s not a surprise that it comes at quarter start. They want to milk the fourth quarter for all the cash they can get. And anyone who thinks the tickets will be cheaper with the new pricing, fantasyland has not left the Magic Kingdom. You will be paying more., The increase in profits they are going to make is going to far exceed the minimal increase in pay they will be giving. This has a lot more with covering the less than desired earnings from things like ESPN than wages

Actually this isn't their fourth quarter. Disney's fiscal year runs October 1 to September 30th. so they are in a new year with a new budget and that is why all the prices have gone up.

This is and of itself isn't surprising. It is changing the Food and Wine festival items that is shocking. Who changes the cost of items in the middle of an event?

Last edited:
Actually this isn't their fourth quarter. Disney's fiscal year runs October 1 to September 30th. so they are in a new year with a new budget and that is why all the prices have gone up.

This is an of itself isn't surprising. It is changing the Food and Wine festival items that is shocking. Who changes the cost of items in the middle of an event?

I agree, changing prices of food and drinks in the middle of an event seems extremely tacky and is a new low!

ETA It just leaves a sour, negative taste in my mouth. I'll still go, it won't really alter my trip, but these little things just add up and seem to happen more and more as the years go by. It's getting harder to brush off all of the little things that are pretty customer unfriendly, business to run or not!

Yeah, Disney was never going to eat that cost. No company will that has high enough demand. I don’t like it but more power to them as they determine just where they stand on the pricing scale, it will work until it doesn’t.

You do realize that the employees are not getting a pay raise until DECEMBER! And then it's only $11 not $15?????? The CMs don't get $15 until October of 2020

dbenlee - thank you - found it - got it!!

I agree, changing prices of food and drinks in the middle of an event seems extremely tacky and is a new low!

ETA It just leaves a sour, negative taste in my mouth. I'll still go, it won't really alter my trip, but these little things just add up and seem to happen more and more as the years go by. It's getting harder to brush off all of the little things that are pretty customer unfriendly, business to run or not!

You're right...the little things add up. I'm still looking forward to my upcoming October trip, but stuff like this makes me realize that I can't just brush off all of the absurd things that Disney does. Anyway, I sent an email to register my disappointment, and I'll make sure to spend less money on the things that upset me. Still looking forward to trying things from the booths, but the stuff that was increased and the things I was on the fence about I'm just striking off of my list.

You're right...the little things add up. I'm still looking forward to my upcoming October trip, but stuff like this makes me realize that I can't just brush off all of the absurd things that Disney does. Anyway, I sent an email to register my disappointment, and I'll make sure to spend less money on the things that upset me. Still looking forward to trying things from the booths, but the stuff that was increased and the things I was on the fence about I'm just striking off of my list.
We’re going in October too. I had one full day planned at Epcot that will stay the same and one night that I thought we could go back but now I think we will just hang out at the beach club or go on the boardwalk instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter