2018 Epcot International Food and Wine Festival: August 30 to November 12, 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.
Were here right now and mid trip prices went up. Some things I can get, but we bought a case of water for around $5. A bottle of water in bulk retail is like a quarter and it is hot here. We took in 6 frozen bottles of water and what cost us like $1.50 would be over $20 in the park. Dollar tree sells 20 oz cokes for $1 and they’re $4.50 in the parks now.

Funny thing is there’s always a place to buy those with little to no line. I feel for a family that buys 4 waters 4 times a day and shells out well over $50. Per day.

Were here right now and mid trip prices went up. Some things I can get, but we bought a case of water for around $5. A bottle of water in bulk retail is like a quarter and it is hot here. We took in 6 frozen bottles of water and what cost us like $1.50 would be over $20 in the park. Dollar tree sells 20 oz cokes for $1 and they’re $4.50 in the parks now.

Funny thing is there’s always a place to buy those with little to no line. I feel for a family that buys 4 waters 4 times a day and shells out well over $50. Per day.
I know I probably bought too many waters last week but it was so hot and they were in the ice coolers which made them colder.

The logistics for picking up stuff/ordering stuff without cars is annoying to work out but Disney is a managing to make it worth it.

Has anyone noticed or heard of other food prices have gone up around the festival beside at refreshment corner?

Has anyone noticed or heard of other food prices have gone up around the festival beside at refreshment corner?
DFB says they checked all the menus and updated prices accordingly on their blog, also said they'll be keeping an eye out for any other changes. I plan on cross referencing what I have in my notes right now with their page this weekend.

DFB says they checked all the menus and updated prices accordingly on their blog, also said they'll be keeping an eye out for any other changes. I plan on cross referencing what I have in my notes right now with their page this weekend.

I was comparing this morning and all their prices are still showing what I had in my excel file. First thing I checked was the flights and I wasn't seeing any differences.. :confused3

I was comparing this morning and all their prices are still showing what I had in my excel file. First thing I checked was the flights and I wasn't seeing any differences.. :confused3
Well now I feel gyped! So you’re telling me I got all worked up for no reason? Like I should have checked for evidence myself before assuming things from headlines?! ...I hate it when I fall head over heals for clickbait :sad2:

Two weeks from now I fully expect to be napping after our Italian regional lunch! I have been counting down so long. Beyond excited for our 14 day fest!
Just don’t do what we did. We were feeling so festive afterward that my husband and I each ended up buying expensive fragrances in Italy and France. Apparently, perfume smells sexier after many glasses of wine and we imagine our travel funds have no limit.

I’m in Orlando in a couple weeks for this event. I’m debating between spending Friday evening at Epcot or doing one of the events at the Waldorf Hilton. Anyone got any reports on how crowded Friday nights are?

Italian Regional Lunch
September 26, 2018
Our second year of attending this event.

We were pleased to have a cozy table in the back all to ourselves. Table set with rolls and packaged breadsticks served with green olives and a beautiful olive oil.
EEF63030-862D-4C18-9D95-3DD71402717F.jpeg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Keepsake menu provided anticipation while waiting for the event to start
BBEBFD95-8D1C-4DAE-8BCC-55FE762505BB.jpeg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Sparkling wine was served. The host welcomed everyone and introduced staff before turning it over to Sommelier, Laura. This event is all about the wine and the food is the backdrop.

1st Course-Cured beef neatly domes sliced grapefruit and arugula beneath it.
1A0B0F4E-F1F8-487E-9402-12189CAAF673.jpeg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2nd Course- Creamy, rich risotto paired with Arneis.
80340084-C56B-472A-8E2B-38C3C7A36EC9.jpeg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
3rd Course- Grouper in Broth with julienne vegetables paired with Sauvignon
53F77DE4-F3AD-43E6-B55D-231D3AB4A1A8.jpeg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
4th Course- Duck atop a bean casserole served with Refosco
B93653B2-92ED-4368-8EAB-2B7BD781EAB9.jpeg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
5th Course- As typical of practically every dessert Disney offers...mousse. Paired with a very sweet Moscato.
DB199ACA-0C00-40F8-9225-FB84FA3D1254.jpeg
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Extra bread and wine were offered throughout the luncheon and we were feeling very fine and upscale throughout. Laura’s pairings did allow the chef to not have to try as hard, letting the wine fill in flavors lacking in the food; but the wine was such perfection that it was easily forgiven. This event is very much worth the expense in our opinion.

Our wonderful Sommelier!
0D5102D7-654C-4B9E-92C7-81400867CC9B.jpeg

Last edited:
We go to the Italian lunch on Wednesday! Menu looks awesome. For this event I hope we are seated with others. The festive atmosphere is part if why we go. So enjoy meeting new people at F&W. I also enjoy table sharing while booth snacking :)

Well now I feel gyped! So you’re telling me I got all worked up for no reason? Like I should have checked for evidence myself before assuming things from headlines?! ...I hate it when I fall head over heals for clickbait :sad2:

Hmmm, that's strange. Don't beat yourself up yet...I cross-checked my Excel sheet (from before the price change) to DFB's updated menus and definitely noticed some changes. Craft Drafts have single pours up .25 and flights up .50, Block and Hans I saw increases from .50 - .75. I'm happy to go through and triple-check if anyone so desires.

Another edit: I just want to say that it's mostly BEER that went up. The wine pours and flights and most of the food (Refreshment place with poutine aside) stayed the same. The alcoholic Joffrey's drinks increased too. So did the special drink with Whiskey at the Refreshment Outpost.

Has the F&W app changed their prices? I looked through all of the food we wanted to try on their app and the prices all stayed the same.

We go to the Italian lunch on Wednesday! Menu looks awesome. For this event I hope we are seated with others. The festive atmosphere is part if why we go. So enjoy meeting new people at F&W. I also enjoy table sharing while booth snacking :)
We'll be there on Monday. We like to share a table as well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!