2018 Free Dining

interesting promos. My first thought was that the first one doesn't seem so great as it has to be on a non-discounted room ... but it is for the summer months when there likely won't be a ton of discounts so i guess it is something

Just coming over here to post the info on the discounts. Interesting that they are already releasing discounts for the summer. The "free dining" offer is just for quick service restaurants so there's probably not a lot of savings there.

If you anticipate rack rate of $160 for a value hotel, standard discount of 15% runs about $24/night. 6 nights x $24 = $144. Whereas, the QS meal plan will typically run my family about $800 for the week. One free meal saves about $300 for the week, so while its not a huge discount, it is definitely a better savings than room only discount, almost double.

Gotta say, I'm very glad that I'm no longer chasing these discounts. It used to be up to 35% off (although mostly villas) now it's up to 20% off. I'm guessing either summer won't be as soft for bookings or this is the first try with better ones to come.

If you anticipate rack rate of $160 for a value hotel, standard discount of 15% runs about $24/night. 6 nights x $24 = $144. Whereas, the QS meal plan will typically run my family about $800 for the week. One free meal saves about $300 for the week, so while its not a huge discount, it is definitely a better savings than room only discount, almost double.

But can you only book a room with that offer? I thought you also had to book tickets and the room, both with no discounts. Considering you can get tickets cheaper elsewhere and have more flexibility, someone might take that into consideration as well. I'm sure that offer is no help to AP holders...

right, but that assumes you would book the room for a week and tickets together as a package as described and that you would eat a QS for every person every day, etc. .... not saying it doesn't make sense for some families (and obviously better than nothing when traveling in the summer) but like any discount you need to ensure it makes sense for your specific situation

Gotta say, I'm very glad that I'm no longer chasing these discounts. It used to be up to 35% off (although mostly villas) now it's up to 20% off. I'm guessing either summer won't be as soft for bookings or this is the first try with better ones to come.
The CM I was talking to on the phone this morning kept saying keep checking back for more offers to come. Hinting around they would have more, but that's never a guarantee. So now I am trying to decide to move from POR to another resort which I really don't want to do but I am still $2000 over budget compared to last year and that was at AKL.

The CM I was talking to on the phone this morning kept saying keep checking back for more offers to come. Hinting around they would have more, but that's never a guarantee. So now I am trying to decide to move from POR to another resort which I really don't want to do but I am still $2000 over budget compared to last year and that was at AKL.

I mean, they tend to, whether it's AP discount or another special summer package thing, they will offer it if there's a need. That said, POR is really popular and probably doesn't need help filling the rooms. You may need to get creative or stay outside your comfort zone. Our first on-site stay was at Coronado and that was a great time. With all their construction you might be able to pick up something there. I think the biggest discount might actually come from booking at Disney Springs now, depending on the rates you might do fairly well and get the same benefits. Might be worth it?

These two promos c
ame out today:
PROMO #1
***You can delight in one FREE meal per person (ages 3 and up), per night at a select Walt Disney World quick-service dining location when you buy a non-discounted room and theme park ticket package at a select Disney VALUE Resort hotel. Offer valid for arrivals most nights May 29-Aug. 25, 2018 when you book through Feb.11, 2018.***

PROMO #2
***When you are planning a sun and fun-filled visit to Walt Disney World, staying in the middle of the magic will help you make the most of their vacation – and now is the time to book! With this offer, you can save up to up to 20% on rooms at select Disney Resort hotels.

- For stays most nights 2/18-4/14/2018, book through 3/7/2018.
- For stays most nights 4/15-6/10/2018 book through 4/7/2018.

Plus, when you upgrade to a room and ticket package that includes a minimum 5-day theme park ticket with the Park Hopper Option or Park Hopper Plus Option, you can get one more day added to the ticket, FREE!*

The following room types and Disney Resort hotels are excluded: 3-bedroom villas, Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Cabins at Copper Creek Villas & Cabins at Disney's Wilderness Lodge, The Villas at Disney's Grand Floridian Resort & Spa, Bungalows at Disney's Polynesian Villas and Bungalows, Disney's Art of Animation Resort – The Little Mermaid Standard Rooms and Disney's Port Orleans Resort – French Quarter.***

Promo #1 is a non-starter. Even with the tickets (guess I could bring a guest) and QS credit, its still more than I expect to pay for a value. That is assuming that is 1 ticket per package

Promo #2

20% Off -- Boardwalk Villas, OKW Villas, SSR Villas, AKL, BCR, BWI, GFR, YCR
15-20% Off -- CBR, CSR, Cabins at FW
10-15% Off -- PORR
10% Off -- AK Villas: Jambo & Kidani, BC Villas, Boulder Ridge/Copper Creek Villas at WL, Poly Villas (Studio Only), Contemporary, Poly, WL, All-Stars (Music, Movies, Sports), AoA (Family Suites Only), Pop Century

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/sun-fun-room/

Now, they just need to release some useful discounts for August.

I haven't been on a trip in a few years and never in the Summer so I'm not really aware of what discounts are usual in the summer months.

Does the discount released today indicate that free dining is quite possibly gone for good since this one is just one meal? Or is that quite comparable to discounts usually released for this time period?

I haven't been on a trip in a few years and never in the Summer so I'm not really aware of what discounts are usual in the summer months.

Does the discount released today indicate that free dining is quite possibly gone for good since this one is just one meal? Or is that quite comparable to discounts usually released for this time period?

No, not necessarily. This is the third year they've done this one. I think most of the best dates for "free dining" are in September and early to mid December. October was blocked out basically the last couple years, unless you checked in on like the 30th last year or the 1st of october in '16 (we used that promo for my birthday trip that year). The bounceback free dining offer cover various parts of the year or has in the past. That one is usually bookable ~Mid August through End of October IIRC. Mousesavers will have the exact dates.

No, not necessarily. This is the third year they've done this one. I think most of the best dates for "free dining" are in September and early to mid December. October was blocked out basically the last couple years, unless you checked in on like the 30th last year or the 1st of october in '16 (we used that promo for my birthday trip that year). The bounceback free dining offer cover various parts of the year or has in the past. That one is usually bookable ~Mid August through End of October IIRC. Mousesavers will have the exact dates.

Oh ok, I hadn’t heard of this promotion before so assumed it was the first time they had done it.

Thanks for the info.

Promo #1 is a non-starter. Even with the tickets (guess I could bring a guest) and QS credit, its still more than I expect to pay for a value. That is assuming that is 1 ticket per package

Promo #2

20% Off -- Boardwalk Villas, OKW Villas, SSR Villas, AKL, BCR, BWI, GFR, YCR
15-20% Off -- CBR, CSR, Cabins at FW
10-15% Off -- PORR
10% Off -- AK Villas: Jambo & Kidani, BC Villas, Boulder Ridge/Copper Creek Villas at WL, Poly Villas (Studio Only), Contemporary, Poly, WL, All-Stars (Music, Movies, Sports), AoA (Family Suites Only), Pop Century

https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/special-offers/sun-fun-room/

Now, they just need to release some useful discounts for August.

Any ideas when they might be doing discounts for August for discounts dining or room. We will be staying at the cabins in fort wilderness. We haven’t been to the park in five years and have never stayed here before. We are staying in a handicap cabin.

Any ideas when they might be doing discounts for August for discounts dining or room. We will be staying at the cabins in fort wilderness. We haven’t been to the park in five years and have never stayed here before. We are staying in a handicap cabin.

This link will show you the past discounts Disney has offered, what dates they were valid for, and when they were released. Free Dining dates will be released in April sometime.

https://www.mousesavers.com/historical-information-on-walt-disney-world-resort-discounts/

interesting promos. My first thought was that the first one doesn't seem so great as it has to be on a non-discounted room ... but it is for the summer months when there likely won't be a ton of discounts so i guess it is something

Think this is one of the promos that will make a better deal for people that fill out the room vs just 2 people. Since 4 adult qs meals can easily be over $40 a day which at say $150 a night a 20% discount would only be $35. But it won't be any amazing savings for sure.

From the link above (for 2017)

Florida Resident Discounts

January 31 (Exp. 6/4) -- 20%-30% Off Room Only (Stays April 9 to June 5, also bookable as package)
April 4 (Exp. 8/30) -- 25%-30% Off Room Only (Stays June 6 to August 31, also bookable as package)

General Public Discounts

March 27 (Exp. 7/14) -- 15%-25% Off Room Only (Stays May 28 to August 31, also bookable as package)
April 24 (Exp. 8/31) -- 15%-30% Off Room Only (Stays August 1 to October 7, also bookable as package)

Passholder Discounts

April 4 (Exp. 8/30) -- 30%-35% Off Room Only (Stays June 11 to August 31, also bookable as AP package)

Free Dining

April 24 (Exp. 8/31) -- Canadian Residents (Stays Aug. 13 to Sep. 30, Nov. 14 to 20, Nov. 25 to 27, Dec. 8 to 23)
April 24 (Exp. 7/7) -- Disney Visa Cardholders (Stays Aug. 13 to Sep. 30, Nov. 14 to 20, Nov. 25 to 27, Dec. 8 to 23)
April 24 (Exp. 7/7) -- General Public (Stays Aug. 21 to Sep. 30, Nov. 14 to 20, Nov. 25 to 27, Dec. 8 to 23)

Last edited:
Hello, I apologize if there is already a thread for this topic. Anyone have any ideas when the free dining will be offered for 2018? Will it be the first week of Sept & first week of Dec like it was last year?

I really am trying to take advantage of this offer this year. So if I book my trip now would I be able to change my dates if/when free dining is announced? I'm willing to go whenever it's offered... Thanks!!

Hello, I apologize if there is already a thread for this topic. Anyone have any ideas when the free dining will be offered for 2018? Will it be the first week of Sept & first week of Dec like it was last year?

I really am trying to take advantage of this offer this year. So if I book my trip now would I be able to change my dates if/when free dining is announced? I'm willing to go whenever it's offered... Thanks!!
We really don't know until it is announced. If it is back its likely there will be several requirements like having a park hopper ticket and/or a minimum length stay.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!