2018 Gay Days @ the Walt Disney World Resort

Disappointed that this is the second year in a row with no night-time extra magic hours during Gay Days. Probably won't buy a park hopper now since I usually only take advantage of it at night. Ah well. Save some money I guess.

In any case, dining reservations are booked and I cant wait!

Boss approved the time off...now to get the BF on board. Not that I ever expected him to come, but he has some very valid points about the number of Disney parks I've been to in three years AND we're trying to save for a big Europe trip next fall. Decisions decisions!

(Plus he's be staying home and taking care of both dogs by himself...)

We are also planning a big Europe trip next Fall. Did you know about Magical Pride at Disneyland Paris? It's in late October. We've never been and are planning to attend in 2018.

If you do make it to Walt Disney World for Gay Days, make sure and join us at the monorail crawl.

We are also planning a big Europe trip next Fall. Did you know about Magical Pride at Disneyland Paris? It's in late October. We've never been and are planning to attend in 2018.

If you do make it to Walt Disney World for Gay Days, make sure and join us at the monorail crawl.

Hey im kind of new to DGD but what is the monorail crawl?

Hey im kind of new to DGD but what is the monorail crawl?

Wednesday May 30th, we'll kick off Gay Days with a monorail crawl. Basically, a group of us begin at Disney's Contemporary Resort and have a drink or two. Afterwards, we board the monorail and head to Disney's Polynesian Village Resort. Our last stop is Disney's Grand Floridian Resort. We visit a bar at each stop. Further details will be posted here in the near future. You might also join our Facebook group by going to https://www.facebook.com/groups/1527546280888082/. Hope to see you at the monorail crawl. It's a great way to make new friends.

Just over four months to go! We will be flying in on Tuesday, May 29th and leaving out on Monday, June 4th. Soooo ready for the monorail crawl on Wednesday night! It will be great to re-connect with existing friends and meet new ones. We talk so much about how much fun we have during gay days, that I think we have convinced a couple of our local friends to attend this year for their first time ever.

Just over four months to go! We will be flying in on Tuesday, May 29th and leaving out on Monday, June 4th. Soooo ready for the monorail crawl on Wednesday night! It will be great to re-connect with existing friends and meet new ones. We talk so much about how much fun we have during gay days, that I think we have convinced a couple of our local friends to attend this year for their first time ever.

We brought a friend to Walt Disney World and showed him how to do it right. He is now hooked and has made reservations to attend Gay Days this year. Looking forward to it all!

Typically, what time of day is the monorail crawl?

This year, the monorail crawl begins at 7:00 PM at Outer Rim at Disney's Contemporary Resort on Wednesday May 30th. I hope you can join us.

I don't know about you all, but we're getting excited for Gay Days! Today we celebrate the 4th month mark: we'll be arriving in WDW in exactly 4 months from today! 120 days to go and counting... :yay:

Wait until you hit the sixty day mark and see how excited you get!

Could I get some experienced Disney advice, please?
I'm planning on attending Gay Days from Thursday - Sunday with my partner.
What is everyone's impression of POFQ?
Also, on Friday, I was hoping to skip Hollywood Studios and go to Universal (since I've never been there), instead.
We're a middle aged couple, and prefer as few kids around us as possible (I hope that doesn't sound mean)....Would POFQ be a decent place to stay?

Hi Woody516!

We loved staying at POFQ. It is the smallest of all of the resorts and has a charm that many don't have because of its size. There is no full service place to eat (we still miss Bonfamiles), but other than that it is great. I can't say if it has fewer children than other places because they always seem to be everywhere! We always stayed there before we bought DVC, and it is still our favorite moderate resort. The other one you might consider is Coronado Springs. It has conventions so was built with more appeal to adults. We have stayed there and liked it as well. It is much bigger, though.

Hope that helps!

Could I get some experienced Disney advice, please?
I'm planning on attending Gay Days from Thursday - Sunday with my partner.
What is everyone's impression of POFQ?
Also, on Friday, I was hoping to skip Hollywood Studios and go to Universal (since I've never been there), instead.
We're a middle aged couple, and prefer as few kids around us as possible (I hope that doesn't sound mean)....Would POFQ be a decent place to stay?

Never been to POFQ but have visited POR and absolutely loved the pool there. We had relatives staying there and we all got together one afternoon at the pool. It felt like a setting right out of Tom Sawyer. I hope you join us at the monorail crawl and check out our Facebook group by searching for gay days monorail crawl.

There is no full service place to eat (we still miss Bonfamiles), but other than that it is great.
What does "no full service place to eat" mean? No sit down restaurant with waitress service?
How far would the walk be to go eat at POR's restaurant?

What does "no full service place to eat" mean? No sit down restaurant with waitress service?
How far would the walk be to go eat at POR's restaurant?

You would have to go to Riverside. There is a full service spot called Boatworks. The couple of times we have eaten there is has been good. It is probably about a 15-20 minute walk. It is actually a nice walk over.

We LOVE PoOFQ! if we hadnt bought into DVC we would always want to stay there.
there is a quick service restaurant thats not great for anything other than a quick breakfast or snack but the resort is ADORABLE. For sit down meals you can take a quick boat ride to Disney Springs and there are great food options there.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts