2018 Gay Days @ the Walt Disney World Resort

My boyfriend, our best friend, and I will be at WDW 5/31-6/4! Especially looking forward to Red Shirt Day in MK. I shared our detailed plans here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/critique-my-plans-booking-fastpass-on-3-31.3672978/

Two months to go!

21752931_10155791629853593_2855101783622720227_o.jpg
You plan obsessively like I do. I even have the novels I read in line already determined. Star Wars at Hollywood is the single best fireworks show I have ever seen. Get there early for good seat. Also, if you have money/time, consider eating at resorts: SANAA at Animal Kingdom Villas (don't skimp: get the bread tasting) and Maya Grill at Coronado Springs. The Water Parks are also great and relaxing.

Glad to find this thread. I have travelled to WDW for a week every summer for quite a few years, but my last (and only) GayDays was 2001! Planning my summer vacation trips now, and would love to come back to GD. I have a few questions, though:

1) Advantages to staying at host hotel vs. on WDW properties? I've run the cost (including theme park admissions) and it's fairly comparable. (Disclosure: I stay at Coronado Springs every time I come down: love it.)
2.) How populated with GD folks are the WDW properties? Any one more so than others?
3.) Back in 2001, some of the GD sites ran full forums for folks (like me) who are coming down and trying to arrange some meetings ahead of time: nothing salacious, just travel buddies. This forum here is the only one I've come across: are there any more? Dedicated to other than the Monorail Crawl (which, to be fair, sounds fantastic)?
4.) Finally: how can I post an avatar pic? I keep being told "You do not have access to this page."

Thanks so much: it looks like this board has been recently active!

-J

Mr. J, welcome to the thread. If you stay at a Disney resort, you get extra magic hours and also can book FastPass+ 60 days prior to check-in. I don't think the host hotel offers these perks. I imagine each resort on property gets a fair share of folks that are there for the Gay Days celebration and I bet that the host hotel gets the most. A bunch of us are staying at Disney's Boardwalk (I think we have eight or nine rooms). Look into the Swan or Dolphin for rates that are comparable to Coronado. We've got a group of at least 20 guys that get together each year to enjoy the parks, resort pool, dinner, etc. The group seems to grow each year. Feel free to join the Facebook group "Gay Days Disney Monorail Crawl". In that group, you can interact with others who will be celebrating the Gay Days events as well as the monorail crawl. If you book during Gay Days, definitely check out the crawl. As far as your avatar, try contacting the DIS team via the "contact us" link at the bottom of your browser. Whenever you decide to book, I bet you'll have a wonderful time.

My boyfriend, our best friend, and I will be at WDW 5/31-6/4! Especially looking forward to Red Shirt Day in MK. I shared our detailed plans here: https://www.disboards.com/threads/critique-my-plans-booking-fastpass-on-3-31.3672978/

Two months to go!

21752931_10155791629853593_2855101783622720227_o.jpg
Sorry you will miss the Monorail Crawl Wednesday. It really is a great way to kick off the GD celebration. Whoops!!!!! My partner just told me that you will be arriving on Wednesday.....so hopefully you guys will make Dano's Monorail Crawl Wednesday night. It is a great way to meet some new friends, share Disney experiences and enjoy and adult beverage or 2.

Last edited:
Dano's Fifth Annual Monorail Crawl is just a couple months away (I'm sure Far City Guy knows the exact number of days). Anyway, join our Facebook Group "Gay Days Disney Monorail Crawl" for updates on the Crawl as well as other information (thanks to BadBoyBill) related to Disney and the GD celebration.

A couple of things: I can get an avatar image once I've posted a few more times, and will put up a pic of my ugly mug when I can, but more relevant: I am glad you said you and others stay on Property and not at the Host hotel. As I've said in other posts, I come to Disney often: I understand what the on-site perks are and use them + do backstage tours every year! I was going to do Disney this summer regardless. I am doing GayDays because my teaching schedule allows me to this summer! The purpose is to meet guys!

I am not ready to drop the fundage for the Deluxe Resorts of Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin- I have 3 other cross country trips in my first summer off in 16 years!- , but I am thinking of branching into a another Moderate beyond Coronado (a big deal for a routine-dependent guy like me).

Excited to be at Disney, and thank you very much for the reply! My plan is to see you at the Crawl!

-J

A couple of things: I can get an avatar image once I've posted a few more times, and will put up a pic of my ugly mug when I can, but more relevant: I am glad you said you and others stay on Property and not at the Host hotel. As I've said in other posts, I come to Disney often: I understand what the on-site perks are and use them + do backstage tours every year! I was going to do Disney this summer regardless. I am doing GayDays because my teaching schedule allows me to this summer! The purpose is to meet guys!

I am not ready to drop the fundage for the Deluxe Resorts of Boardwalk/Swan/Dolphin- I have 3 other cross country trips in my first summer off in 16 years!- , but I am thinking of branching into a another Moderate beyond Coronado (a big deal for a routine-dependent guy like me).

Excited to be at Disney, and thank you very much for the reply! My plan is to see you at the Crawl!

-J

I look forward to meeting you.

Hi!! I'm so excited that I found your site! We are getting married on May 27th and we are flying to WDW for our honeymoom!! We will be staying at the Grand Floridian from 5/28-6/6 and we are super pumped to find out that we will be there during gays days! My future husband to be is not as as much as a Disney geek as me but he will learn to be! So I was reading about the monorail crawl. Where can we get tickets to this event? Can I add it to my Magic your way package?

Hi!! I'm so excited that I found your site! We are getting married on May 27th and we are flying to WDW for our honeymoom!! We will be staying at the Grand Floridian from 5/28-6/6 and we are super pumped to find out that we will be there during gays days! My future husband to be is not as as much as a Disney geek as me but he will learn to be! So I was reading about the monorail crawl. Where can we get tickets to this event? Can I add it to my Magic your way package?

Welcome to the thread. No tickets are needed for the monorail crawl. It’s really just a group gathering. Check out page #3 of this thread for all the details. Looking forward to meeting you guys and congratulations on the upcoming marriage.

Welcome to the thread. No tickets are needed for the monorail crawl. It’s really just a group gathering. Check out page #3 of this thread for all the details. Looking forward to meeting you guys and congratulations on the upcoming marriage.
Awesome!!!! And thank you so much!
:-) and we are looking forward to meeting everyone too!

Dang it...dano was faster on the keyboard than me.
Are you ready for some really good news? There are NO TICKETS to buy for dano's monorail crawl! The only cost involved is what you choose to spend on food and/or drinks. And, you can join up with us at any of our stops. See the itinerary posted above. Some of us like to start with the "pre-crawl," but our group grows larger once we get to the Outer Rim at the CR and then, Trader Sam's at the Polynesian Resort. Think of this as a "meet up" kind of event, a gathering of friends. It is a great way to meet new friends who you will run into for the rest of the week! If there was a Fast Pass for this...LOL...I would schedule it first. Soooo much fun! Hope to see you there!

I've never been to Gay Days at Disney, but I'll be at the parks during it for the first time this summer and I'm super excited! It's always really nice to see other LGBT people who love Disney, as a young lesbian who is obsessed with Disney, it just makes me feel less isolated and alone <3
I am quite sure you will have a wonderful time. Join the Dano's Monorail Crawl Wednesday night for a great way to kick off the GD celebration.

Glad to find this thread. I have travelled to WDW for a week every summer for quite a few years, but my last (and only) GayDays was 2001! Planning my summer vacation trips now, and would love to come back to GD. I have a few questions, though:

1) Advantages to staying at host hotel vs. on WDW properties? I've run the cost (including theme park admissions) and it's fairly comparable. (Disclosure: I stay at Coronado Springs every time I come down: love it.)
2.) How populated with GD folks are the WDW properties? Any one more so than others?
3.) Back in 2001, some of the GD sites ran full forums for folks (like me) who are coming down and trying to arrange some meetings ahead of time: nothing salacious, just travel buddies. This forum here is the only one I've come across: are there any more? Dedicated to other than the Monorail Crawl (which, to be fair, sounds fantastic)?
4.) Finally: how can I post an avatar pic? I keep being told "You do not have access to this page."

Thanks so much: it looks like this board has been recently active!

-J
The GD celebration is the best. We really won't miss this annual event. If you do decide to go, be sure to include Dano's Monorail Crawl on Wednesday. It is a great way to meet some new friends and share Disney experiences.

I think that you will like it there! Enjoy your trip. If you think you have other questions, let me know!

Richard
Great fun for sure! Be sure to include Dano's Monorail Crawl on Wednesday in your plans. A great way to start the GD celebration.

Well congratulations to both of you. Hope you can make Dano's Monorail Crawl It's a great way to kick of the GD celebration and meet some new friends.

Dang it...dano was faster on the keyboard than me.
Are you ready for some really good news? There are NO TICKETS to buy for dano's monorail crawl! The only cost involved is what you choose to spend on food and/or drinks. And, you can join up with us at any of our stops. See the itinerary posted above. Some of us like to start with the "pre-crawl," but our group grows larger once we get to the Outer Rim at the CR and then, Trader Sam's at the Polynesian Resort. Think of this as a "meet up" kind of event, a gathering of friends. It is a great way to meet new friends who you will run into for the rest of the week! If there was a Fast Pass for this...LOL...I would schedule it first. Soooo much fun! Hope to see you there!
LOL FAr City Guy.....really funny line about the FP..:worship:

Sixty days from today is the crawl and we're all looking forward to it. Looking back at years past, the monorail crawl always is my favorite memory. I look at the group photo we took last year and find it reminds me that good people outnumber the bad in this world. No matter what kind of evil events unfold, we'll always come together and move forward. I hope each of you has a wonderful weekend and Happy Easter everyone.

Cant wait to go this year. Will not be doing the monorail crawl. Will be at the parks from 5/28-6/4. Always up to meeting new people to hang at the parks with!

Cant wait to go this year. Will not be doing the monorail crawl. Will be at the parks from 5/28-6/4. Always up to meeting new people to hang at the parks with!

Where are you staying? Are you going to Riptide? What’s your favorite place to eat on property? Doing any of the pool parties? Magic Bands will be shipping soon if you’re staying on property. Can’t wait too!

We will miss you at the Crawl......but certainly hope to meet up at the Parks.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!