2018 Hilton Head Roll Call

bernina

DIS Veteran
Let's get a thread started for 2018 visits! A place to share travel plans, share our love for the island and help pass the time as we count down to our next visit!

We're scheduled Saturday March 31 - Friday April 6 in a 2 bdr. Traveling with my husband, 6 year old daughter, and 2 parents. This will be our third visit, my parents second.

Very excited to spend Easter at HHI!

This will also be our first stay ever as official DVC owners. We purchased resale a few months ago at Boulder Ridge and just yesterday added a small 25 point contract (also Boulder Ridge) direct from Disney for the perks.

-----------------------------------------
Mar 11 - 16: findingthemouse, wife, daughter (15), son (24), son (22) his girlfriend (26) and our grand daughter(1) :flower1: First Visit!!!

Mar 24 - 30
: jim-ousley; 2 adults, 4 kids -- 16,12,3,1 :flower1: First Visit!!!

Mar 24 - 30: kristimc; 2 adults and 2 boys 16 & 14.

Mar 31 - Apr 6: bernina, husband, DD 6, parents

Easter Week: nycanc

Apr 29 - May 4: dvc_john

May 1 - 4: bobbiwoz, Tom

Early May: abe4disney :flower1: First Visit!!!

Jun 18: scottb8888; before cruise :boat:

Jun 30 - Jul 6: spoonfulofsugar, DH, 3 kids- 16,13,11.

Jul 28 - Aug 4: mcarr1635; family of 10

Last edited:
We were at HHI on Easter one year. The biggest thing I remember is how packed all the restaurants were on Good Friday (isn't that your arrival day?) Everyone wanted fish, so forget the seafood restaurants. We ended up at British Open Pub, which has seafood, but doesn't have the big reputation of being a seafood restaurant so it wasn't too crowded.

We are DVC members and Hilton Head is our "home". We love it there.:love:
We usually reserve a Grand Villa for our family of 10, but this year we are getting a 2 bedroom and a studio (hopefully in the same building) for
July 28 to August 4, 2018. :sunny:

Thank you to bernina for starting this post. :thanks:

Let's get a thread started for 2018 visits! A place to share travel plans, share our love for the island and help pass the time as we count down to our next visit!

We're scheduled Friday March 30 - Friday April 6 in a 2 bdr. Traveling with my husband, 6 year old daughter, and 2 parents. This will be our third visit, my parents second. We may end up cancelling the 30th depending on how we decide to break up the drive from Michigan with a 6 year old :)

Very excited to spend Easter at HHI!

This will also be our first stay ever as official DVC owners. We purchased resale a few months ago at Boulder Ridge and just yesterday added a small 25 point contract (also Boulder Ridge) direct from Disney for the perks.

-----------------------------------------
Mar 30 - Apr 6: bernina, husband, DD 6, parents

May 1-4: bobbiwoz, Tom
:welcome:as DVC owners!! You will love it :love:

Please add the Carr Family to the roll call for July 28 to August 4, 2018.

First time staying here.
March 24-30. 2 bedroom.

2 adults. 4 Kids. 16,12,3,1

Looking forward to beach, pool, golf and fishing.

Any 2BR requests suggested please let me know!

Just booked a 2 bedroom for March 11 - 16, 2018. We just purchased resale in July. Home resort is AKV. The reason for purchasing was to hopefully have some big family vacations and this will be a first for a few reasons. It will be our first as DVC members. This will also be our first trip with our son, his girlfriend and our grand daughter, who is turning 1 this month. We haven't had a family vacation with all our kids in 7 years. Our sons are in their early 20's now so it's harder with jobs and scheduling everyone. The entire gang for this trip is wife and myself, daughter (15), son (24), son (22) his girlfriend (26) and our grand daughter (1). All of this is still very tentative but needed to book to get the room. 2 Bedroom was the only room type available. Looking forward to checking out a new resort and new place. We have never been to Hilton Head but love North and South Carolina.

We will be there June 30 - July 6, 2018. Second time for the 4th of July (our fourth trip to HHI in as many years), love it there so much we added on pts a couple years ago! Me, DH, 3 kids- 16,13,11. Love that they added more games like the golf green and more horseshoes around the resort but miss some of the trees that were there before the storm last year. Hoping to get a marsh view room close to the pool this time!

First time staying here.
March 24-30. 2 bedroom.

2 adults. 4 Kids. 16,12,3,1

Looking forward to beach, pool, golf and fishing.

Any 2BR requests suggested please let me know!
We will also be there March 24-30 in a 2 bedroom. 2 adults and 2 boys 16 & 14.

Waiting (and hoping) to score two days in late June once the 7-month window opens. I know it will be tough even for an 1 bedroom, so will find out in a few weeks and may join you guys.

LAX

Waiting (and hoping) to score two days in late June once the 7-month window opens. I know it will be tough even for an 1 bedroom, so will find out in a few weeks and may join you guys.

LAX

Good luck to you!! Get on at 8am and waitlist if not available. Then stalk the site often and grab what you can.

Just booked our first HHI vacation yesterday! We will be early May 2018. The kids are super excited to go to the beach. I am looking forward to having the Disney amenities since I am not much of a beach person.

Had 5 night reservation for this week at Hilton Head studio. Due to conflicts with family reunions being held at our farm in Alabama first and last weekends in October, etc. (many cousins have not seen each other in decades), we decided, we just could not pull away knowing we had all these people coming for a visit.

First reunion was great, had 15 to attend one event. All went well and we had great weather. Maybe we'll make it to Hilton Head sometime in the future.

Just booked a 2 bedroom for March 11 - 16, 2018. We just purchased resale in July. Home resort is AKV. The reason for purchasing was to hopefully have some big family vacations and this will be a first for a few reasons. It will be our first as DVC members. This will also be our first trip with our son, his girlfriend and our grand daughter, who is turning 1 this month. We haven't had a family vacation with all our kids in 7 years. Our sons are in their early 20's now so it's harder with jobs and scheduling everyone. The entire gang for this trip is wife and myself, daughter (15), son (24), son (22) his girlfriend (26) and our grand daughter (1). All of this is still very tentative but needed to book to get the room. 2 Bedroom was the only room type available. Looking forward to checking out a new resort and new place. We have never been to Hilton Head but love North and South Carolina.
Looks like we will be there at the same time! Both of our college age kids have spring break that week (DS is coming from Iowa and DD from Rhode Island) so we decided to spend a week at HHI. DS may also be bringing his girlfriend. This would be our third visit, our last was in 2012 and we're really excited to be going back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!