2018 Holiday Filming Dates Announced: 11/7:AK 11/8:EP 11/9:? 11/10:? 11/11:MK

Mickey's Best Girl

DIS Veteran
My apologies if this has been posted - I took a glance and didn’t see any mention of it yet.

It looks like the holiday special filming will take place between November 7 and 11 weather permitting.

No musical acts announced yet.

Whether you want to avoid it or check it out - plan accordingly folks.

Last edited:
Thanks for posting.
I was hoping to avoid it this year but no such luck.

Thankfully we don't have much MK time those days. We have MVMCP on 11/8/18 and plan to hit MK for PM EMH starting around 9 pm on 11/10. Will we avoid the filming??

Thanks for sharing that! We'll be in HS on 11/7 and MK on 11/8. I'm glad that they won't be filming during our first MK day, and fingers crossed it won't impact the others too badly. Are there just areas of the park, like near the Castle, that are blocked off for filming? Should we expect more disruption than that?

yikes!

1. Will they announce ahead of time which parks/which dates?

2. How disruptive will this be? What does it mean?

They'll be info closer to those days but it's all subject to change. It really doesn't affect things. We were there 2 years ago and there was stuff going on the castle stage but you could avoid the crowd. In front of the Tree of Life but again could avoid/walk around and it wasn't any more crowded than when the tree awakens. The stage at Epcot wasn't where we walked though we could hear Kelly Clarkson but since it was almost done and the park was closed they wouldn't let us go over and watch. I think it was by mission space. We weren't in DHS while they filmed so I don't know how it was there.

We were there for two years for this didn't impact us in any way. we just avoided the castle in mk when it was crowded and enjoyed seeing it as we passed by. the worst mk part was every year super crowded in mk that week for a baseball winner. that was worse for us navigating that week in mk then the filming frankly. we didnt'see filming that week in other parks but know it was going on yes. lots of extra people came into mk for that baseball celebration it was packed every year we've gone that day. idk what day it was that week. and if the red socks win and they're there celebrating jersey week oh boy we've got quite an adventure ahead!!! hahaha!!!

So for the third year in a row, the xmas special taping will be occurring during the time we are there (Jersey Week). It's kind of annoying because schedules are affected and crowds increase. At the same time, to get a sneak peak is cool and sometimes the crowds are only for the acts/parade performing. I'm curious how it will shake out which acts will be in each park. I'll also be curious if FoF parade changes it's time. Our first year it was 5 pm and that wasn't great!

If I recall correctly from our trip last year MK was open until midnight with EMH until 2 that Saturday.

It. Was. CROWDED!!!

We went later (around 5) and did an about face and went to EPCOT and then Downtown.
No thank you. :crowded:

If I recall correctly from our trip last year MK was open until midnight with EMH until 2 that Saturday.

It. Was. CROWDED!!!

We went later (around 5) and did an about face and went to EPCOT and then Downtown.
No thank you. :crowded:

I read it thinned out the later it got. I plan on going that night but not until 9 pm or so. And staying until it closes. It's our last night at WDW.

and if the red socks win and they're there celebrating jersey week oh boy we've got quite an adventure ahead!!! hahaha!!!
The past two years the parade was same day as Wine and Dine 10k and it was a perfect storm of general Saturday-ness/race weekend/ World Series cavalcade/start of jersey week/and then last year holiday filming piled on top of that

It will be interesting to see if a Boston parade happens that Saturday how it will affect my run as I’m sure my sister will just want to bolt through the race and rush to Main Street while I couldn’t care less ( hey shorter waits for post race character pics while people are camping out)

The past two years the parade was same day as Wine and Dine 10k and it was a perfect storm of general Saturday-ness/race weekend/ World Series cavalcade/start of jersey week/and then last year holiday filming piled on top of that

It will be interesting to see if a Boston parade happens that Saturday how it will affect my run as I’m sure my sister will just want to bolt through the race and rush to Main Street while I couldn’t care less ( hey shorter waits for post race character pics while people are camping out)
I recall a baseball parade in mk being on a weekday that week. I may be wrong though.
what i can't understand is with food and wine, jersey week, veterans day, marathon events, filming, baseball, mvmcp first night all that week why don't they have parks extended yet i hours past 9 or 10?! As I said in another thread to have every park be closed one of the nights by 9 and mk that night at 6:30 this is really not a good thing. they must extend the hours and soon!!!

Most of our dates are before the filming, but we'll be in HS 11/7 and MK 11/8. MK closes at 6 for a party that night, so I'm just going to cross my fingers that they don't move the parade later that day.

I know that WDW tells us everything is subject to change, but I'm finding planning this trip more frustrating than our one previous trip. That was during Spring Break week, so we went in knowing it would be crowded and most of the changes WDW made were in our favor, like extending hours. I'm sure we'll have an even better trip going during a lower crowd week, but the planning is more frustrating this time. We committed to ADRs and FPes before this was announced and before the race route for the Half Marathon was released (which may make getting to an 8 am BoG ADR hard), and there are things I would have scheduled a lot differently if I'd known about both of those earlier. I'm trying to change them now, but no luck so far. Oh, well!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!