2018 Princess Half Marathon

I plan to do as I've done princess for last few years. As for half We shall see on that front.

I was not planning to do 2018, until Disney decided to offer the 13 month special on AP's this year. I'm doing my renewal in Feb, so it seems like a waste not to plan a trip. Ha! Disney sure knows how to get me to spend money.

Hi all:

I've been entertaining the princess half marathon and 2018 may be the year. I did a half a year ago and doing one at WDW has been something I've wanted to do for a while. Can someone explain the registration process, the different challenges, and anything other info that would be helpful to a newbie like me? Thanks in advance!

Hi all:

I've been entertaining the princess half marathon and 2018 may be the year. I did a half a year ago and doing one at WDW has been something I've wanted to do for a while. Can someone explain the registration process, the different challenges, and anything other info that would be helpful to a newbie like me? Thanks in advance!

Registration: On the day of, you'll need an Active.com account with all of your information already put in. At 12pm EST on reg day the links will become active and you can register. Races aren't selling out as fast as in years past, but you never know with Princess. Best to be ready to register on day one.

Races: Usual 5K, 10K, and half marathon. You can sign up to run 1, 2, or all 3. If you sign up to run the 10K and the half, it's best to do it as the challenge, aka: Glass Slipper Challenge. You'll get a third medal and a third shirt!

Timing: must maintain a 16 minute mile pace or you'll get put onto a sweeper bus and won't get to finish the race.

Misc Info: Stay on disney property for a smooth race morning. Races start at 530am, but you'll want to start boarding your bus around 330am to beat the rush. We won't find out the theme for the princess race until medals are released, but it's been implied on marketing materials ahead of time. The last few years it's been Cinderella, Frozen, Ariel, and Belle (this year).

Thanks so much CourtneyBeth! I appreciate all the info! I was doing a lot of searching and reading today. I'll keep popping in here too to ask questions and
stuff!

I am really annoyed about the change in registration dates. I can't plan that far out, it's just not possible. I already am losing money on the Princess 10K this year because I planned too far out and I can't go.

That being said, I plan to go next year! :)

I am really annoyed about the change in registration dates. I can't plan that far out, it's just not possible. I already am losing money on the Princess 10K this year because I planned too far out and I can't go.

That being said, I plan to go next year! :)

Like many others, I too am very surprised by big change in registration times. Most races registrations are released 8-9 months out. Now it seems it's 10-11 months! It wouldn't be so frustrating if the races didn't sell out right away and people had several months to decide. Fortunately, it appears the sell out times are slowing growing.

Does anyone know what the date is, and especially the registration date for, the 2018 Princess Half Marathon yet? Also, is this Blog the best place to track that info?

Thanks so much and have a Magical day!!

Does anyone know what the date is, and especially the registration date for, the 2018 Princess Half Marathon yet? Also, is this Blog the best place to track that info?

Thanks so much and have a Magical day!!
May 2nd for general I'd assume April 27th for AP

I went ahead and added some of the base "important dates" for the race (the actual race dates, registration) to the first post and I'll add in the other dates when we know them. Dates like proof of time submission, DVC/AP registration (though it makes sense that it'd be the 27th), and any other dates that are important. Just let me know what should be added otherwise!

I have April 27th as the DVC registration date written on my calendar. I honestly can't remember where I read it, but I don't write things in my calendar until I know them for sure. So take that for what it's worth

I have April 27th as the DVC registration date written on my calendar. I honestly can't remember where I read it, but I don't write things in my calendar until I know them for sure. So take that for what it's worth

With how they did Wine & Dine registration dates it totally makes sense. I'll add it until we hear something different (if we do)

So exciting to see this thread. I've been bitten by the RunDisney Bug after marathon weekend and I'd like my next race to be this one! Thinking about the GSC!

Just found this thread buried in the forum! I am planning to go for the pink C2C in 2018. It will not be my first RunDisney race, but first time doing either Princess or Tink. Honestly, the themes of both of these race weekends excites me the least out of all the RunDisney races, but I want to complete every race weekend that I can!

I am not an AP or DVC member, so hopefully registration goes well. If not, I have been happy with my experience getting bibs through a travel agent.

Stupid question probably, but I'm an AP newbie. I plan to buy an AP before my trip at the end of May. Can I register for races with just the voucher, or does it need to be an activated pass?

Stupid question probably, but I'm an AP newbie. I plan to buy an AP before my trip at the end of May. Can I register for races with just the voucher, or does it need to be an activated pass?
It has to be activated for you to get into the AP area of the Disney site, which is where you get the early link. :)

I'm deciding whether to join in on PHM 2018. I already know I will be there that weekend, and I know I'll be envious when I see all the shirts and medals. I did the GSC in 2014, 2015 and 2016, with the 5k as well in 15 & 16. It is still a fun weekend, but I felt like there was a drop of in entertainment and character opportunities over the years so that's my hesitation. I feel like prices have risen while the experience has declined a bit, though I definitely still enjoyed it. I will be anxious to see some reviews after this years race.

In the end knowing it is an anniversary year and the fact I'll be there anyway, I will likely sign up. But add me to the people who think rD is getting a bit ridiculous with how early they're starting registration.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!