2018 Princess Half Marathon

I flew in a day earlier in 2016 lol

My flight was delayed due to weather in 2014, and I swore I would always fly in a day earlier than I needed to be there after that. That year we were still able to have other people pick up our packets so I had a friend get mine but it still SUCKED to be getting in at midnight and have to get up a couple hours later to run. Made for a really rough trip overall.

Went for a (very short) long run this morning and now my everything is tired. How is everyone's training coming along?

:cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Went for a (very short) long run this morning and now my everything is tired. How is everyone's training coming along?

My short-long run (6 miles) last weekend went horribly. It was hot and humid, and I just couldn't get in the zone. It felt like a battle. I'm lucky that those types of runs are few and far between nowadays, but I still live in fear that that will happen again on my run tomorrow.

I'm under a lot of work stress (hurricane-related) combined with home-related (significant construction going on and we're just renting, so now we're on the search to buy a home) so running has become my therapy. I've thrown in quite a few high-intensity intervals in my mid-week runs, and that has helped my stress levels a bit. Thank the gods for running!

I ran 7 miles, up from 6 miles the past three Saturdays. It was mental torture from the first step, with a good bit of physical pain thrown in for fun! I kept thinking that I am so fortunate to be a 16 year breast cancer survivor at 51 years of age, training for this! So many other people are hurting right now. Love, prayers, and pixie dust to all of our Princess Warriors!!

"I am on my way. I can go the distance!" -- Hercules

I did a short 3 mile run today as my "long run". I did a 10 mile race at the beginning of August, but now I am doing a training program on runkeeper to try to speed up my times for a (hopefully) POT 10K at the end of October. It is so hot and humid right now in Orlando I am struggling with speed, but hopefully this program will help and maybe the weather will break a little by the time the 10K rolls around. After that 10K I will start half training, picking up from where my last long run on the program leaves off.

It's brutal in south Louisiana right now as well. I really lost momentum at the end of July due to a foot injury and not being about to run for a full month. I'm back at it now, working on increasing my distance. Keep up the good work everyone!

Help! I don't know what to do. I just ran the Disneyland 10K yesterday for my placement time to submit for the Princess Half. I had a terrible run. . I injured my ankle prior to the run so I limped the whole way, along with the warmer temperatures it took a toll on my time. It was about 2 min per mile longer than normal. So the question is should I submit my bad time from the race or keep the time I checked off which is not from a qualified race??? I asked the RunDisney reps at the expo and they said just keep what I checked when I registered- wanted to get some more thoughts on this. Thanks

Just starting to train again...I had a horrible respiratory infection for 6 weeks! Two rounds of antibiotics later and I'm slowly getting into the running game. There's a lot more walking right now due to my diminished respiratory capacity, but I'll get there!

Our training starts today for DH's proof of time 10k; we're using Hal Higdon's Intermediate plan for the 10k. After that, I'm thinking of launching into the beginner program of Hansons Marathon Method... which is pretty ambitious and a bit overkill for a half, but I've wanted to try out the program since I read the book. If Hansons doesn't work out, I can always bridge it into another Higdon plan for the half marathon. :goodvibes

Help! I don't know what to do. I just ran the Disneyland 10K yesterday for my placement time to submit for the Princess Half. I had a terrible run. . I injured my ankle prior to the run so I limped the whole way, along with the warmer temperatures it took a toll on my time. It was about 2 min per mile longer than normal. So the question is should I submit my bad time from the race or keep the time I checked off which is not from a qualified race??? I asked the RunDisney reps at the expo and they said just keep what I checked when I registered- wanted to get some more thoughts on this. Thanks

Oh no! That's awful... I hope your ankle heals up fast!

How was your previous 10k time not qualified? Was it not chip-timed? If they check your original time and it's disqualified, I think you'll end up in the last corral.

I guess you could take your chances with your old time, but it would be a much safer bet if you can find an inexpensive local 10k at the end of October or early November to try for another proof of time. The last potential race weekend to get a new proof of time would be November 11-12.

*edited to remove early morning pre-coffee math.

Last edited:
Ran a 10K today around the neighborhood this morning. Worst time ever, but I did it and I'm feeling good. Spent the rest of the day hurricane prepping.

I'm tapering down slightly to prep for my PoT 10K next Saturday. Praying it's a nice, cool, not rainy day :-)

I'm tapering down slightly to prep for my PoT 10K next Saturday. Praying it's a nice, cool, not rainy day :-)

I was planning on doing a 10k training run tonight but it's going to storm and it's humid so sending good thoughts your way for your race. My next chance at a POT 10k is in 10 days. Hoping for good weather. It's a hilly run so not sure how my time will be compared to my last 10k which was flat.

I was planning on doing a 10k training run tonight but it's going to storm and it's humid so sending good thoughts your way for your race. My next chance at a POT 10k is in 10 days. Hoping for good weather. It's a hilly run so not sure how my time will be compared to my last 10k which was flat.

You're not by any chance running Cow Harbor are you? I noticed in your profile that you're from Long Island. I am too and I'll be running it :-)

You're not by any chance running Cow Harbor are you? I noticed in your profile that you're from Long Island. I am too and I'll be running it :-)

Yes, I am! Very excited too. I did one of the training runs two weeks ago since it's my first time. Looking forward to it! I'll be at the superhero 5k the next weekend too.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts