2018 Princess Half Marathon

I’m a morning runner. In the summer I get up around 5 and am out the door around 6. In the winter I push that to a little later. I’m in bed by 9 pm though so getting up early isn’t so hard for me.

I feel like I could handle that...with my work schedule, I have to be DONE with my run by 5:30. I've tried it before but I really hate getting up at 4 :30 a.m. Evening runs aren't bad though, so it works.

I feel like I could handle that...with my work schedule, I have to be DONE with my run by 5:30. I've tried it before but I really hate getting up at 4 :30 a.m. Evening runs aren't bad though, so it works.

Too early for me! I like to start out just as the sun is coming up.

Day 2 of the training program complete! Had a tough run this morning for some reason - not sure why. It was great weather, I was well rested, and I just did 3 miles at a moderate pace. But I felt really sluggish and it seemed to drag. Anyone else have days like this?? Was weird, cause I did 8 last Sunday and felt great :confused3

Day 2 of the training program complete! Had a tough run this morning for some reason - not sure why. It was great weather, I was well rested, and I just did 3 miles at a moderate pace. But I felt really sluggish and it seemed to drag. Anyone else have days like this?? Was weird, cause I did 8 last Sunday and felt great :confused3

Me! I ran 7 miles and felt great two weeks ago but struggled at the end of my 3 mile run yesterday. I think with the short runs I push myslef too much.

Last edited:
Me! I ran 7 miles and felt great two weeks ago but struggled at the end of my 3 mile run yesterday. I think with the short runs I push myslef too much.

Makes me feel better! I think sometimes I underestimate the fact that 3 miles is a decently long distance, and I expect it to come more easily than it does. It seems that so much of running is a mind game for me.

Makes me feel better! I think sometimes I underestimate the fact that 3 miles is a decently long distance, and I expect it to come more easily than it does. It seems that so much of running is a mind game for me.

A mind gamer and the weather! I will push myself to go much further and faster when it's dry and cool then when it's hot and humid. And don't get me started about treadmill running :scared:

DH and I ran his POT 10k today!! He came in at 59:35, making his sub-1 hour goal! :dogdance:

I'm so glad we got that finished and now I can start training for the Princess HM... I think I'm going to try the Nike+ Run Club app for this training cycle. I like how you can move the training schedule around to accommodate your schedule and how it it supposedly adapts to your performance. Has anyone here used it before?

Week two of training underway. I did three miles yesterday. I left work early so that I could run outside. It was cold and windy, but it's done.

Did "yesterday's" 30 minutes today. It went pretty well. Treadmill right now, trying to baby my ankle and knee, but it's feeling good to get back into things.

Eta. Elbow??? Knee. Ankle and knee. How tired was I???

Last edited:
I wonder if they will have the medals displayed at the Wine and Dine expo.

I'm doing my training! I swear, I have a harder time doing the short runs rather than the long ones. Maybe that's a good sign that I'll survive the half? Maybe?

Well, first week of training was great, second not so much :blush: It's been rainy, and it was Halloween, and work was crazy - you know, all the usual excuses! I need to do three tomorrow and I have a 10-mile local race on Sunday. Then, I hope to get back on track (no pun intended)!

On another note, my niece (who is running with me) got new shoes today - she said they're green and purple and will go great with her Little Mermaid outfit :goodvibes

I did a 10k on Saturday. I felt like it was a great run. However this week my daughter started gymnastics and then with Halloween and plans for Wednesday evening running this week has been non-existent. I am hoping to get a short run in tonight then my long run on Sunday.

I have the same problem. I hate 3 mile runs. My favorite are 5-8 miles. I know it's mental. :-)
I have so many weird mental things like that. For example, no matter how far I run, that last half mile is torture. Always the worst. I can run a 10k one weekend and be fine for that first 5 and a half miles, but them I'm so tired for that last half. Then, the next weekend is a simple 3 miles. Half the distance. No problem, right? Right... for 2.5 miles. I'm such a weirdo.

Here's my situation. I'm not thrilled with my PoT. There's a race somewhat near me next weekend that I could run and try to improve. The best time I think I could get would move me up 2 corrals (according to last year's chart), but it's likely I'd only improve enough to move up one. Is it worth it to try and run the race? Cost and time away from my kids are factors.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter