2018 Princess Half Marathon

Here's my situation. I'm not thrilled with my PoT. There's a race somewhat near me next weekend that I could run and try to improve. The best time I think I could get would move me up 2 corrals (according to last year's chart), but it's likely I'd only improve enough to move up one. Is it worth it to try and run the race? Cost and time away from my kids are factors.

You're the only one that can decide that. I'm waffling about doing a POT 10K next weekend, because I'm not even sure it will help me. I will hopefully know by the end of this weekend what I'm going to do.

I went to the W&D expo today even though I'm still not well enough to run this weekend. RawThreads had quite a bit of stuff on clearance racks this morning. SparkleSkirts selection seemed really small and their booth was kind of out of the way in the very back. They had ONE pair of size medium capris in a print other than the breast cancer ribbon and no size Large shorts for men. New Balance is selling the shoes buy 1 get 1 50% off. Jeff Galloway was there, but I am painfully shy and couldn't bring myself to ask for a picture with him.

Jeff Galloway was there, but I am painfully shy and couldn't bring myself to ask for a picture with him.

Oh, hugs to you. Just in case you can go back tomorrow, ask him. He's so so so so SO nice. I mean, ridiculously nice. So is his wife. They aren't scary. I didn't want a pic with them, but I did talk with them about their interval timer, which seemed a nice simple thing to talk about (they are selling stuff, after all).

Or if he's there for Princess, please ask him then. Seriously, he's so nice.

Does anyone know if the performance jacket that can be preorder with the commerative items is just for the weekend? I'm looking for the challenge performance jacket.

Oh, hugs to you. Just in case you can go back tomorrow, ask him. He's so so so so SO nice. I mean, ridiculously nice. So is his wife. They aren't scary. I didn't want a pic with them, but I did talk with them about their interval timer, which seemed a nice simple thing to talk about (they are selling stuff, after all).

Or if he's there for Princess, please ask him then. Seriously, he's so nice.

Agreed! Plus, you don't really have to have a full conversation with him. There will be a line of people, and you can just say, "Can I please have a photo? Thank you so much!" He is really nice.

I wonder if they will have the medals displayed at the Wine and Dine expo.
Nope and they told me when I asked to keep my eyes peeled in January..... wonder if they did that so people who were only running princess for the pink c2c can decide if they are running before they release the medals.

Nope and they told me when I asked to keep my eyes peeled in January..... wonder if they did that so people who were only running princess for the pink c2c can decide if they are running before they release the medals.

I’m jet lagged and am having a hard time following this.

Can you explain what you mean?

I’m jet lagged and am having a hard time following this.

Can you explain what you mean?
:) so some people signed up for princess anticipating doing tink for the pink coast to coast. When they cancelled it, some people called asking for a refund as they no longer wish to participate. Run Disney has been giving refunds for this along w another (I believe dark side) so my point was, I wonder if they are holding off on releasing medals until they stop doing refunds

Thank you.

But what does one have to do with the other? One would think that putting out enticing pictures of medals would cause people to want to participate, which keeps money in rundisney’s accounts. At least I would think that. :)

Thank you.

But what does one have to do with the other? One would think that putting out enticing pictures of medals would cause people to want to participate, which keeps money in rundisney’s accounts. At least I would think that. :)
I couldnt agree more with that! I am only speculating bc I never remember waiting that long to do a medal reveal. :)

Ran 4 miles on Sunday... felt great!! I'm not following the Disney training plan but the Hal Higdon. I'm hoping to be able to run 6 miles comfortably by the end of the month and then start working my way up on the longer runs.

I'm curious what will happen first... my FP window opening or the medals / theme announced for the race!!!!

I honestly don't remember when they normally reveal the medals. Since it's an anniversary year, I'm thinking they'll be changing the design. That may be the holdup. Or not. Who knows? They'll tell us when they tell us.

I decided not to continue with Nike Run Club training plan because there’s too much focus on maximal performance workouts for me. It would probably be a good program for me if I weren’t pushing 40... :rolleyes1 So, I’m getting back in the swing of things with more easy distance miles. I managed to get in 7 miles after work yesterday, for one of the last runs of 2017 that I’ll be able to do in just a t-shirt. The snow and ice are coming tonight!

I’m looking forward to the medal reveal... this will be our first RunDisney race and I’d be lying if I said the gorgeous medals didn’t play a part in our decision to register.

I honestly don't remember when they normally reveal the medals. Since it's an anniversary year, I'm thinking they'll be changing the design. That may be the holdup. Or not. Who knows? They'll tell us when they tell us.

While I've done several Marathon weekends, this will be my first Princess Weekend. But I always thought Princess medals were revealed between Thanksgiving & Christmas. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

Just read about the PoTC refurb starting Feb 26. Gotta go tweak my touring plan now... In running news I decided not to race this weekend. And I'm finally able to complete a 3 mile run without feeling like I want to pass out at the end!

While I've done several Marathon weekends, this will be my first Princess Weekend. But I always thought Princess medals were revealed between Thanksgiving & Christmas. Can someone correct me if I'm wrong?

That’s right for last year at least. It was around the first weekend of December last year : )

I stalled a bit :sad1: Did my 10-miler last Sunday, and though I was very happy with the race and my time, my right foot has been terribly sore ever since. Feels like plantar fasciitis :sad2:, and I'm really bummed. Was starting to feel a bit better, but did a 2.5 mile run/walk yesterday and the pain came roaring back. My friend gave me the name of a trusted podiatrist, so I'm going to call tomorrow. Hope to get it figured out soon!

Hope everyone else is doing well :thumbsup2

I had planned an 8 miler for today, but I didn't have enough time so I only did 6.6 and I felt horrible during the whole thing. Probably because I got no sleep since all 3 of my kids were up at some point last night.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter