2018 Princess Half Marathon

There was a link in my 2017 thank you for participating in the princess weekend e-mail...I have never seen this before. Early registration available until the 17th for 2017 runners.
Oops, that last message was supposed to quote this, been away from the Dis too long!

I didn't get the email nor did it even occur to me to sign up at the expo. Well, I'm an AP holder so at least I've got that early registration advantage.

I didn't get the email nor did it even occur to me to sign up at the expo. Well, I'm an AP holder so at least I've got that early registration advantage.

I didn't get the email either :(
I'll be joining you and waiting for the AP sign up day!

I'll be trying to get myself into the 5k + challenge on the AP day. Then most likely my mom into 5k + 10k and my sister into the 5k on regular sign up. A friend is planning on the challenge too but she'll handle herself. Mom might end up with an AP but I'm still a little worried about us all getting in with it being an anniversary race.

I took advantage of the previous runner early registration and am in for the Fairy Tale challenge. I'm so excited! First challenge. This year was my first half and I loved it. Might be a solo runner, might be running with my friend again.

Thanks to everyone that posted about the early registration for 2017 participants. Deleted the e-mail from rD without even reading it. Now I just have to decide if I want to do it!

I just signed up for the Challenge!! Anyone want to start guessing what the commemorative figurine might be since its the 10th anniversary? It def made me curious since its the Fairy Tale Challenge instead of GSC.

I just signed up for the Challenge!! Anyone want to start guessing what the commemorative figurine might be since its the 10th anniversary? It def made me curious since its the Fairy Tale Challenge instead of GSC.

We purchased it for light side - the commemorative figure is a new option in 2018. Guess we'll find out!

How did all you princesses sign up already?? Did you do the package like someone posted about earlier? I thought they said it was only good through 3/5/17...

There was a pre-reg through TAs that seemed to be done with, but on FB there are bunches of TAs saying that they can book early *with a package*. So that sounds like the earlier pre-reg was withOUT a package. I'd look over there to see about it, if you want a package deal with tickets and hotel.

Then there's the early registration email sent to those of us who did it this year. Then DVC/AP in late April and general reg in early May.

There was a link in my 2017 thank you for participating in the princess weekend e-mail...I have never seen this before. Early registration available until the 17th for 2017 runners.

I have seen people post that a similar email went out after January marathon weekend too, but I didn't do that. I did get a similar email after Light Side, though! It's something new this year (unless they did it for Avengers, and they might have, but I can't remember right now)

Cousin is registered for FTC (doesn't sound right). I'm waiting either for a check to arrive OR for DVC reg.

I didn't get the email either :(
I'll be joining you and waiting for the AP sign up day!

Be sure to check your spam!

I'll be trying to get myself into the 5k + challenge on the AP day. Then most likely my mom into 5k + 10k and my sister into the 5k on regular sign up. A friend is planning on the challenge too but she'll handle herself. Mom might end up with an AP but I'm still a little worried about us all getting in with it being an anniversary race.

If sister or mom can do their own registrations I would have one of them do it. I mean, who are you going to register first? The pressure is high.

Not to mention by you doing it you're making legal agreements for them. Not that I know that from personal experience lol... One of the agreements this year, that I don't remember from before, is that princess is in Florida.

How many people showed up in Anaheim for princess in the past for them to make this a separate agreement page? :)

Oh darn, I think I got that email but I deleted without reading it and now I can't find it in my email. Bummed.

Oh darn, I think I got that email but I deleted without reading it and now I can't find it in my email. Bummed.

If you did princess in 2017 then I would do a google search for the registration. And if you find it use it.

Does your email Trash empty that quickly? Search it!

Does anyone know if they are limiting the pre registration for this year's runners? I get that not every runner from this year will sign up with the early (early) registration, but this makes me incredible nervous that a lot of spots are going to be gone. Am I alone on that thought?
Edit - I know they did with marathon too and there's still spots for some of those races after general registration, but I'm interested in Princess :)

Does anyone know if they are limiting the pre registration for this year's runners? I get that not every runner from this year will sign up with the early (early) registration, but this makes me incredible nervous that a lot of spots are going to be gone. Am I alone on that thought?
Edit - I know they did with marathon too and there's still spots for some of those races after general registration, but I'm interested in Princess :)

You're definitely not alone in that thought! That's why I registered at the expo. I didn't want the stress of it, between normal craziness, the 10th anniversary, and all of these spots they are filling already.

I don't quite get why past participants are getting an early registration email this year. RunDisney has never done that before and it's not like Princess Weekend has ever had trouble selling out. It doesn't make sense to me. And honestly it's a bit irritating because they didn't offer 2015 Wine and Dine participants an early chance to register for 2016 after that year's fiasco. Seems a bit unfair, since nothing happened this year that justifies giving 2017 participants an advantage at registering. I agree with @Jfine in wondering how much crazier this will make general registration.

I don't quite get why past participants are getting an early registration email this year. RunDisney has never done that before and it's not like Princess Weekend has ever had trouble selling out.

They did it for marathon and light side this year, too.

I think registration is dropping off overall, and they want to get us locked in early. (That way they can change theme and specifics at will and we can't just not register, because we're already registered.)

They did it for marathon and light side this year, too.

I think registration is dropping off overall, and they want to get us locked in early. (That way they can change theme and specifics at will and we can't just not register, because we're already registered.)

Exactly. Also, it was also available during the race expo this year and through travel agents for a limited time. They're locking us in, not only for registration, but also to travel packages. I spoke with the person who handled my registration at the expo and she said they started offering it recently and will continue as long as there is demand.

Thanks guys. I'm officially in for the challenge! I'm so excited!!!! I turn 40 next week and I really need to get my act together as far as fitness and leading a healthy lifestyle. Hoping this will be the motivation I need!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter