2018 Princess Half Marathon

When do corral placements usually come out? I know I knew ahead of time last year with the WDW marathon but I don’t remember how far ahead of time.

Any idea when they will put up the event guide and the half marathon course? Same time as the corral placements?

There is a link on RunDisney under runner information that will give corral information.

I never knew my corral placement until I picked up my bib at the expo.

Where do you look up your placement?

Thank you

Your bib number will be on your waiver, and rD will post which bib ranges are in which corrals, but only for the Half. You'll have to wait to see your bib at the expo to find out your 5K or 10K corral assignment.

It’s so quiet here!

Finally got around to making ADR.

Thu - QS at one of the Epcot resorts or World Showcase.
Fri - Ale & Compass
Sat - Flying Fish

Thinking about trying A&C for breakfast on Saturday too. The menu looks yummy!

do we think my neighbors have shoveled our 14" of snow enough that I can do a long run tomorrow? stay tuned to find out!

It’s so quiet here!

Finally got around to making ADR.

Thu - QS at one of the Epcot resorts or World Showcase.
Fri - Ale & Compass
Sat - Flying Fish

Thinking about trying A&C for breakfast on Saturday too. The menu looks yummy!
We’re at flying fish too that night!

do we think my neighbors have shoveled our 14" of snow enough that I can do a long run tomorrow? stay tuned to find out!

We are supposed to hit a high of 24 tomorrow! Heat wave, we’re having a heat wave...

DH and I checked out the local city schools campus while we were in town today...sidewalks and driveways have been cleared! It’s back to the great outdoors tomorrow!!!

It’s going to be chilly tomorrow here.....well, chilly for central FL. I love it and I’m looking forward to running.

We’re at flying fish too that night!

I will be there with my 12yo daughter. She’s running the 5K with me!

I am NOT going out until it reaches at least 50. So back on the TM tomorrow.
Stay warm!
I'll be on the treadmill tomorrow too. It's a toasty 7 degrees here tonight and I won't run outside until it's 25 or higher. It's supposed to go down to 2 degrees tomorrow morning!

Restaurant question. I found a Bon Voyage reservation at the end of breakfast-time after the 10k. Has anyone been to that character meal? Good or bad?

I messed up with a DVC waitlist, and have GFV studio the 22nd, Bay Lake the 23rd, and back to GFV for the 24th and 25th. The bummer is that my cousin leaves on the 25th, so she never gets to settle in at all. :(

Anyway, we’ll have to be out of the room at bay lake on the 24th anyway after quick showers etc, so when I saw the breakfast come up I snagged it.

Thoughts?

And if anyone wants to trade a GFV studio for a bay lake studio for that night, let me know. :):)

I am so behind in training. I have not run since October because I had my ladder accident right before Halloween. Well, I ran 1 mile at the beginning of December, but my knee was still bothering me so I waited a few more weeks to try again. I'm finally able to kneel on it so I went out today and managed to get 4 miles in. My average pace was 2:00 slower per mile than what I normally run and I thought I was going to die the last 1/2 mile. My knee held up just fine, but I'm still having some pain with my ankle on uneven surfaces. Would KT tape help with that? I was looking at an ankle brace, but not sure I want to shell out the money for one just to have it annoy me. I can't even wear socks with toe seams LOL!!!

Do you run intervals? If not, that's something to consider. I will suggest that you absolutely not run if it increases your pain. You could do serious damage to yourself. I've never run in an ankle brace, but I do have one that's pretty comfortable. I can't remember the brand, but I got it at Target, I think. It wraps kind of like an ACE bandage, but it is more padded like a neoprene brace.

I’m just coming off a nasty viral bronchitis that lasted over 4 weeks. I tried running a couple miles on the treadmill on Tuesday and almost passed out. Was able to do 2 yesterday and 5 today. Hoping for at least another 5 on Monday since I’m off work. For now mine will all be on the treadmill as it is way too cold out there!
We are doing the challenge and I’m trying to make dinner reservations for Friday night Wanted to eat in Disney Springs as we’ll be staying at SSR. Where is everyone dining for the weekend?

I'm sick right now. It's not down in my chest, just my throat. I am trying to decide whether I'm running (or walking, or doing anything) tomorrow.

I’ve been obsessively checking for Crystal Palace reservations for Friday morning after the 5K, and finally scored one, but it’s for 8:05 am! I was honestly planning on walking the 5K and taking it all in. It’ll be my first ever runDisney event and I’ll be doing the 10K the following day, which I plan to run. It seems impossible to finish the 5K walking it and make it to Crystal Palace on time for that reservation. I’m going to keep searching, but it seems the odds are slim since it’s a MK EMH day. I’m just wondering if 8:05 is unrealistic. Thanks in advance!

I had another stress dream about the half yesterday! I have to share it!

I was at our hotel with my friend from home, Colleen; my friend running the race, Devin; and a few other friends. I was getting ready to leave for the race, but had to run across the street to use the bathroom before getting on the bus. I leave the hotel room and go across the street from the bathroom, but realize that I forgot my running shoes and was wearing my bean boots. The plan was to get on the bus after my bathroom stop, so I call Colleen so she can bring me my boots. I'm waiting in line for the bathroom and then I see a bus, so I get on the bus, because I thought it was a bus to bring me to the bathroom that was far away. Turns out it was a bus to the beginning of the race. This is when my anxiety spikes: While on the bus I realize the following things: I never went to the expo, which means I don't have my BIB, and I never got my sneakers from Colleen, so I'll need to borrow shoes from someone else. For some reason, I have someone else's bib that places me in corral C. That's when I realize that it's around 8 am and I was supposed to be at the start 5 hours ago and definitely missed corral C, but maybe there was still a corral waiting to leave.

Then my dream morphed into a witch who used a board game to kill you and had an evil dog that looks a lot like the bulldog we're currently babysitting, who is definitely not evil.

Anyone else having stress dreams?

In running news, I'm about to get dressed and leave for the gym - my friend and I are going to do 4 miles on the hamster wheels!

Do you run intervals? If not, that's something to consider. I will suggest that you absolutely not run if it increases your pain. You could do serious damage to yourself. I've never run in an ankle brace, but I do have one that's pretty comfortable. I can't remember the brand, but I got it at Target, I think. It wraps kind of like an ACE bandage, but it is more padded like a neoprene brace.

I'm sick right now. It's not down in my chest, just my throat. I am trying to decide whether I'm running (or walking, or doing anything) tomorrow.

I was only having mild pain when I was on uneven surfaces such as grassy areas. Where I live, I run out of sidewalk for a short while before it starts again on the main road near my house. All other roads around me are narrow country roads. I run against traffic and when a car is coming I move over off the road as much as possible. That’s where the uneven surfaces came in and were causing me issues. I run intervals and my ankle is perfectly fine on sidewalks and the paved area of the road. I had KT tape put on my ankle for stability on Wednesday. It worked like a charm.

I hope you are feeling better!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter