2018 Princess Half Marathon

@Ariel484

OMG. I’m reading your trip report right now and that’s me in the Nike visor in your 10K corral crowd picture. Sorry I looked like I was throwing you shade LOL! I have a resting b**** face most of the time, but I really am a nice person!

@Ariel484

OMG. I’m reading your trip report right now and that’s me in the Nike visor in your 10K corral crowd picture. Sorry I looked like I was throwing you shade LOL! I have a resting b**** face most of the time, but I really am a nice person!
:oops: Oh no!! I'm so sorry about that! I too have RBF most of the time and it WAS like 4AM so you were totally justified!

Hi, guys! This is my first half and I am not a runner at all HAHA so I'm nervous. I'm pretty slow but as long as my mental state allows me to keep running, I think I can do it. My question is to those who ran in before... who are the characters we are likely to see?! I've only ran the 2013 ToT 10-miler and they had a character every mile. I would love to stop for all but then I would never finish!

P.S.: I've decided to go as Moana!

You'll see a wide variety, but I think for this one especially, you're going to see LOTS of princesses. I'll be Anna, my friend Elsa and my other friend ... Goofy! LOL.

Finally got outside today and did 5 miles. Hoping I'll be back on track for these last few weeks of training. No more snowstorms or deep freezes please!

Ariel- your trip report from last year was awesome! I loved seeing all your pics. I'm still debating what my race strategy will be as far as stopping for pics.

What time could I reasonably expect to be done with the race and back to my room? Planning a couple hours at MK before heading to the airport for my late afternoon flight. I expect we will be in an earlyish corral (2:10 projected finish based on POT), and while we don't plan to run that fast, I think we will be on pace for a 2:25 ish finish without character stops. When I did the marathon I probably had less than 30 mins worth of character stops. Our first fast pass window that day ends at 11:15.

I was inspired by all of the Dopey posts this weekend, so I did 9 miles today. I still hate long training runs. I am not sure I will making it past 12 miles before the half because I get so bored with 9 that even the idea of running 12 on my own annoys me right now. This is why I will never do a full marathon.

Haha I hear ya on that. I have managed to completed 3 full marathons (and I am DONE with those forever) and those 20 mile training runs are terrible. Where I usually go to do those super long runs, I sometimes will not see another person for a few hours. It's just me and the trees and silence.

Haha I hear ya on that. I have managed to completed 3 full marathons (and I am DONE with those forever) and those 20 mile training runs are terrible. Where I usually go to do those super long runs, I sometimes will not see another person for a few hours. It's just me and the trees and silence.

Totally agree! I am definitely a 10K-er. I run long for Disney, but I would just as soon go no further than a 10K. I really do not like training for anything longer.

Totally agree! I am definitely a 10K-er. I run long for Disney, but I would just as soon go no further than a 10K. I really do not like training for anything longer.
I agree. I prefer the 10K distance but I do the halfs for Disney. This year due to not having a sitter for my daughter I got the 10K and my husband is doing the half. I really wish they would bring back the 10milers as I think that would be a nice distance.

I agree with you guys. After this half I am done. I hope to never go more than 5K again! The main reason I'm doing the half this year is because I've always wanted to do a challenge.

That’s what I said after my first challenge in 2016! No more half’s for me! Ha! I’ve done 4 half’s and have 4 scheduled between now and April, 2 locals, Princess 5, 10 & Half and SWDS 5 & Half. It’s a sickness.

I like the half distance. I’m just bored with cycling through Galloway & Higdon plans. I’m getting some help with a new training plan and looking forward to it. This is the year of races for me. So far I have plans for 3 half marathons (PHM, SWDS & Jacksonville Marine Corps in October ), 2 10K (PHM & SWDS), 1 local 10 miler & 2 5K (PHM & local). Looking to add another 10K or half in September. I should start training for the WDW 2019 marathon in the fall.

Have to say I'm in the group that this is my last half. 10K is my favorite distance, but I did a local 10-miler at the beginning of November, and that was a really nice race too. It's right around mile 9 that I really start to poop out, so a half is fairly gruesome.

On the bright side, I ran three miles straight (without a walk break) this morning, with very little pain in my heel. Fingers crossed that it's finally improving. The real test will be my 8 miles on Saturday!

I really wish they would bring back the 10milers as I think that would be a nice distance.

YES.

I agree with you guys. After this half I am done. I hope to never go more than 5K again! The main reason I'm doing the half this year is because I've always wanted to do a challenge.

Famous last words. :)

Then again, I’ve remained firm on my “cannot forsee a time when a Full sounds like a good idea” stance, so maybe you will stay firm, too. :)

Well hello again ladies! It has been forever since I had the time to catch up on everything. You guys have been super busy but I think I am FINALLY caught up. I was so sure the theme would be sleeping beauty with the redesign of the logo on the active registration page (Disney I know the crown inside the 'P' is Aurora's). With that said I love the medals and am so excited about the redesigned challenge medal. This is the one Disney race weekend hubby says I can do as long as I want. I started Princess in 2013 and moved to the challenge when it started 2014.

On a crazy note, I just have to share that I will be running this thing PREGNANT again. 2016 I was 18 weeks for princess (12 weeks for Dopey) and 2017 was just getting off of nursing (talk about chest pain and LOTS of bladder breaks). And I will be starting the cycle again...so be on the look out for a slightly round purple and gold crab from Moana for the 10K and a punk/black/gothic version of Ariel with an x-ray mermaid baby on my tummy for the half. Training has been rough with colds constantly being brought home by my 17 month old little X-man. I did the Princess Place trail half marathon just before New Years in Florida and even saw a Cinderella on the course. Everyone here has been an inspiration to get moving and I hope everyone keeps up with their training....let Dory be your spirit guide..."just keep swimming (running), just keep swimming (running)"...

I agree. I prefer the 10K distance but I do the halfs for Disney. This year due to not having a sitter for my daughter I got the 10K and my husband is doing the half. I really wish they would bring back the 10milers as I think that would be a nice distance.

Same here! Only for Disney! There are a couple of destination races I'd like to do, but I have no idea when I'll get around to those!

That’s what I said after my first challenge in 2016! No more half’s for me! Ha! I’ve done 4 half’s and have 4 scheduled between now and April, 2 locals, Princess 5, 10 & Half and SWDS 5 & Half. It’s a sickness.

Yeah...that's what we all said! lol

Well hello again ladies! It has been forever since I had the time to catch up on everything. You guys have been super busy but I think I am FINALLY caught up. I was so sure the theme would be sleeping beauty with the redesign of the logo on the active registration page (Disney I know the crown inside the 'P' is Aurora's). With that said I love the medals and am so excited about the redesigned challenge medal. This is the one Disney race weekend hubby says I can do as long as I want. I started Princess in 2013 and moved to the challenge when it started 2014.

On a crazy note, I just have to share that I will be running this thing PREGNANT again. 2016 I was 18 weeks for princess (12 weeks for Dopey) and 2017 was just getting off of nursing (talk about chest pain and LOTS of bladder breaks). And I will be starting the cycle again...so be on the look out for a slightly round purple and gold crab from Moana for the 10K and a punk/black/gothic version of Ariel with an x-ray mermaid baby on my tummy for the half. Training has been rough with colds constantly being brought home by my 17 month old little X-man. I did the Princess Place trail half marathon just before New Years in Florida and even saw a Cinderella on the course. Everyone here has been an inspiration to get moving and I hope everyone keeps up with their training....let Dory be your spirit guide..."just keep swimming (running), just keep swimming (running)"...

Congratulations!

Yes! I have done a 10 miler and a 15k trail run race, and I enjoyed them both. However when it's just me and 9-10 miles? I hate it. I am bored and music sucks and I don't like having to load myself up like a camel because I live in FL so I HAVE to have enough fluids, etc. After 8 miles I am over it if it's not a novel atmosphere.

Yes! I have done a 10 miler and a 15k trail run race, and I enjoyed them both. However when it's just me and 9-10 miles? I hate it. I am bored and music sucks and I don't like having to load myself up like a camel because I live in FL so I HAVE to have enough fluids, etc. After 8 miles I am over it if it's not a novel atmosphere.

OMG you made my morning with the camel comment. I live in central FL!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!