2018 Princess Half Marathon

I wanted to do a theme with my husband but he's a party pooper so I just got a couple different sparkle skirts and will wear whatever tank I feel like with each one. I usually wear a charity shirt but it's a t-shirt and I run hot and only wear a t-shirt if it's under 50 degrees.

I'll be Merida for the 10K, which I wore for the 5K last year. It is basically a teal blue plaid Sparkle Skirt and Warrior raw threads tank. I do have a full Merida wig, but will make the call on wearing it when I see how hot and humid it will be!

Hi everyone, just want to check in and confirm that they still 100% do not offer deferrals, correct?

Deferrals were an official process yoniat money to have the race put off until the following year. There was a time limit and a capacity limit.

They 100% don’t do this.

They have, however, been willing to read emails (don’t call) explaining circumstances, and maybe 5% of the time have given a partial refund in the form of a Disney gift card if they feel so inclined.

Right now you’re at a 100% “no”.

If you email and ask, you’re maybe at a 95% “no”. Can’t hurt to try. Just know that it’s likely going to be a “no”.

I feel for you! I was mainly exhausted for the first trimester, felt atrocious the second tri, and then developed oh so charming 3 trimester allday sickness. Sigh.

I’m reading conflicting information. A friend tells me she wears her belt with phone/chap stick etc. others here have said that has to be checked.. can anyone share their experience? I would be lost without my running belt and need to plan ahead if I can’t have it on. Thanks!

For me I lost cards when I took off my flip belt! Made it all the way through the Vancouver half then I took it off I’m the beer garden, and lost hotel keycard. And my credit card.

(I was so wiped out from that event. We walked, painfully for me, about to long city blocks and were going to get food when I went to get out my cc and found it was missing. I somehow found the adrenaline to RUN back to the finish area to search. And because it was Canada, someone had found them and turned them in.)

Haven’t worn the flip belt since.

Did you have the pockets toward you, on the inside? I'm just curious because sometimes I wear them on the outside, to make it easier to get into it, and that's when things fall out. I've never lost anything when I flip it. They also make one with a zipper pocket now. I actually have a phone case that holds a few cards, so that is handy for running. Also, this year I'm wearing my Flipbelt and my RooSport. I barely notice I'm wearing 2 things, and I have so much more space to carry my stuff.

I’m not dressing up. Yes, I’m a party pooper, but I don’t have the talent to make my own costumes and I’m too cheap to buy one. I could Disney bound I guess, but I’m too lazy to put in the effort to find the appropriate pieces. Hopefully my Team Up for Autism Speaks tank top arrives in time so I can wear it for the half.

Not a party pooper at all! You will not be the only one. I like to be comfortable, because though I am there to have fun, I am also there to run. Being comfortable while running is the #1 priority. Also, like you, I'm too cheap to buy something I'll probably never wear again. I like buying cute tech shirts that I can wear over and over.

I’m reading conflicting information. A friend tells me she wears her belt with phone/chap stick etc. others here have said that has to be checked.. can anyone share their experience? I would be lost without my running belt and need to plan ahead if I can’t have it on. Thanks!

Absolutely untrue. They would not make you check your running belt. That makes no sense. I'm not sure who these "others" are, but they're wrong.

You can bring your running belt - you’ll just have to take it through bag check so security can go through it (just like bag check at the parks).

Maybe someone is confusing “bag check” (by security) and “checking a bag” (where you drop stuff in the clear plastic bag and pick it up at the finish).

Did you have the pockets toward you, on the inside? I'm just curious because sometimes I wear them on the outside, to make it easier to get into it, and that's when things fall out. I've never lost anything when I flip it. They also make one with a zipper pocket now. I actually have a phone case that holds a few cards, so that is handy for running. Also, this year I'm wearing my Flipbelt and my RooSport. I barely notice I'm wearing 2 things, and I have so much more space to carry my stuff.

Not a party pooper at all! You will not be the only one. I like to be comfortable, because though I am there to have fun, I am also there to run. Being comfortable while running is the #1 priority. Also, like you, I'm too cheap to buy something I'll probably never wear again. I like buying cute tech shirts that I can wear over and over.

Absolutely untrue. They would not make you check your running belt. That makes no sense. I'm not sure who these "others" are, but they're wrong.
Great thanks! I read it on this thread but couldn’t tell you the page now. Good to know I can keep it!!

You can bring your running belt - you’ll just have to take it through bag check so security can go through it (just like bag check at the parks).

Maybe someone is confusing “bag check” (by security) and “checking a bag” (where you drop stuff in the clear plastic bag and pick it up at the finish).

That's what I'm thinking! It's the only logical answer. I mean...you couldn't carry your phone or snacks, or anything. There's no way.

I've been pretty silent on this thread for the last few months because I am pulling myself from the half. I have been suffering from PF and after an awful wine and dine struggling thru the pain I gave myself a break and it's finally healing. I changed my plans so we aren't even staying through Sunday because that would be so sad to not participate. That being said, I'm SO excited to be doing the 5k next week with my mom! It's her first race ever and she's super nervous but I know she's going to love it.

We're going with themed tutus - Snow White (me) and the Evil Queen (her). I'm not quite done with them and then I need to figure out how to make our shirts. We want them to actually say "Regina" and "Mary Margaret" (Storybrooke alter egos from Once Upon a Time)!

I've been pretty silent on this thread for the last few months because I am pulling myself from the half. I have been suffering from PF and after an awful wine and dine struggling thru the pain I gave myself a break and it's finally healing. I changed my plans so we aren't even staying through Sunday because that would be so sad to not participate. That being said, I'm SO excited to be doing the 5k next week with my mom! It's her first race ever and she's super nervous but I know she's going to love it.

We're going with themed tutus - Snow White (me) and the Evil Queen (her). I'm not quite done with them and then I need to figure out how to make our shirts. We want them to actually say "Regina" and "Mary Margaret" (Storybrooke alter egos from Once Upon a Time)!

I'm so sorry. I was actually injured in 2015, and registered for the 5K and 10K in 2016, thinking that surely I could at least do 6.2 miles if I couldn't do a half. I was wrong. Luckily for me, it was the last year they allowed deferrals, so I was able to defer. I still wouldn't have (or shouldn't have) run it even if they didn't have deferrals, so I can imagine what a hard decision this is. I did end up walking the 5K that year and I had a blast! I knew I was going to be slow, so I just took tons of pictures, and had fun. At the end of the day, I knew I made the right decision and I wasn't as sad as I thought I'd be. I hope you have the same experience! Enjoy every minute of it!

I also would love to see your outfits! I'm a Oncer too!

A friend tells me she wears her belt with phone/chap stick etc. others here have said that has to be checked..

Ah, English. Checking the bag vs checking the bag. :)

Did you have the pockets toward you, on the inside? I'm just curious because sometimes I wear them on the outside, to make it easier to get into it, and that's when things fall out. I've never lost anything when I flip it.

It's when I took it off. I was in the beer garden at RnR and I peeled it off my body down my hips etc. And at some point in there the cards came out.

Yep.

I've been pretty silent on this thread for the last few months because I am pulling myself from the half.

Ah, I'm sorry.

That being said, I'm SO excited to be doing the 5k next week with my mom! It's her first race ever and she's super nervous but I know she's going to love it.

Yay!

Yes I said bag check regarding my SPI belt. Sorry for the confusion. You have to walk to the security officers, open your belt and have them look inside.

Hi everyone, just want to check in and confirm that they still 100% do not offer deferrals, correct? We're expecting our first baby in September and thought I could just walk the races but I have been so SICK the past few weeks, all day, every day!!! :crazy2: We have been talking about next week and are realizing it's probably little more than a pipe dream at this point. It's so hard to plan these races so far in advance. At least this way no one has to worry about watching me puke on the plane, in the parks, or on the side of the road (lol). I will have to live vicariously through all of you! The merch and themes look amazing this year, I am very sad to miss out on all of it. I had even planned special race shirts with Flora and Merryweather fighting over pink or blue. We are very excited obviously about the baby but it's still early so I'm trying to console myself that it's better to be cautious. Maybe we will plan a makeup trip later in the spring when I (hopefully) feel better. Good luck runners!

So I am literally in the same situation as you lol, time frame and everything. I’ve been struggling as well but have been able to keep myself moving to a point. I was signed up for the challenge but decided to forego the 10k and just do the Half. I have absolutely no expectations of time and will probably be walking a lot due to the fact that I haven’t trained more than 5 miles for this, but I’ve done these races before. I always runs with a camelbak and I will load it up with water, gels, and crackers or something with salt. I know everyone is different with the morning sickness ☹️ If you do decide to run I’ll be possibly dry heaving with you!

I've never heard of a requirement that you have to check your belt. Maybe she means "inspect." They will look at it when you through into the pre-race area, just like security to enter the parks. But you can absolutely wear a belt, unless there has been some drastic change.

Edited to add: Oops! Sorry, just realized a bunch of people already answered this! :)

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I remember hearing a while back that at some point the race photographers on the course would be PhotoPass photographers and the pictures would start showing up in the PhotoPass accounts. Does anybody know if that happened, or is it still an outside company where you have to buy the pictures?

Sorry if this has been asked before, but I remember hearing a while back that at some point the race photographers on the course would be PhotoPass photographers and the pictures would start showing up in the PhotoPass accounts. Does anybody know if that happened, or is it still an outside company where you have to buy the pictures?

Photopass now!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter