2018 - the year of getting the most use out of my AP! Completed 2/14

So I decided to book Tony's Merriest Town Square Party for our MVMCP on 12/16! I went back and forth on it and since there have been so many positive reviews I decided to go for it!

I think with the alcohol options and the fact that I would have probably spent $40 on something for dinner anyway this seems like a fun new option. I was worried that I would feel like I am missing out on 2.5 hours of the party in doing this but when I looked at my itinerary I was only planning to watch the fireworks and the parade during this time anyway. So this way, we have a guaranteed parade viewing spot and as long as we watch the fireworks Ill be happy! Does anyone know if the perimeter fireworks are visible if you watch from Main Street? Or do the buildings block the view? My only ride goal for the party was the mountains and Jingle Cruise and probably buzz so I think we can definitely get these done from 4 - 9:30! Especially since we have FPs for two of the four mountains haha and I definitely have high hopes for snagging a FP refresh for Jingle Cruise or Buzz!

I will have to report back how it is! (Spoiler alert for October TR that I still need to get to!) I didn't exactly love the HEA dessert party because the one we went to was SO busy. So I am worried that the "special parade viewing" will be jammed but I guess I'll have to wait and see! Dan and I really wouldn't mind if we had to stand so thats always an option, too!

Also, just something I noticed when booking my brothers FPs over the weekend. I used the app along with my computer (because apparently you need to be OVER prepared to book FPs now :confused3 ) and when I went to book SDD on his 60+3 day and the website showed ZERO availability whereas the app had plenty for the whole day. Definitely something to keep in mind! I ended up just using the app for his whole trip!

That's awesome! I've heard good things about it and it's nice that you will get a prime reserved spot for the parade. And I think you'll be fine watching the fireworks from Main Street!

That's awesome! I've heard good things about it and it's nice that you will get a prime reserved spot for the parade. And I think you'll be fine watching the fireworks from Main Street!

Hopefully its worth the money! The reviews all seem great so we shall see!

Anyone else get excited when they see the Magicbands have shipped email? Just got mine today!

I have been trying to move up my SDMT FP to 3:30 because I guess if you have them from 3:30-4:30, 4:30-5:30 and 5:30-6 thats how you get three FPs now. But as it stands now I was able to move it up to 3:40 at least so I think odds are pretty good that we'll be able to FP refresh for a third before they stop for the night!

29 Days!

Can I also just say that my countdown stresses me out a bit because Christmas is like the week after we get home! It just makes me realize how much I need to still do before we go!

So Disney just bumped up Magic Kingdom to a 12AM closing 12/15 and 11PM 12/17. I'm torn on whether or not I should make Dan's two day pass a hopper.

I'm not really sure how much to will cost now with the new pricing structure but if its around $70 it might be worth it for us to be able to pop over to MK after California Grill and Artist Point for a few hours and would also take some of the pressure off during the party to get all the rides in that we want. Tough decision! I think we will probably decide once we are there and after Dan's activated the pass. It would probably only get us maybe an hour and a half on Saturday and two hours on Monday. Dan seems on board with doing it though so we'll see!

Christmas is like the week after we get home! It just makes me realize how much I need to still do before we go!

I'm stressed and I don't even have a trip planned in December. There's soooooo much to do!!!! Christmas card, decorating, shopping, baking, wrapping...:confused3

I’m excited to hear about the Tony’s party, I think it will be a nice way to see the parade and fireworks! I think if the PH isn’t to much more it would be worth it for you two since the park is open later.

I'm stressed and I don't even have a trip planned in December. There's soooooo much to do!!!! Christmas card, decorating, shopping, baking, wrapping...:confused3

Its super stressful! Thankfully I have MOST of my shopping done and I decorated after Halloween (because I'm one of those people :rotfl:) so I'm feeling a bit better but there's still the bear of wrapping to get done! And we have some sort of holiday party/function every weekend leading up to Christmas so it shall be interesting!

I’m excited to hear about the Tony’s party, I think it will be a nice way to see the parade and fireworks! I think if the PH isn’t to much more it would be worth it for you two since the park is open later.

I'm hopeful the Tony's party will be decent. The recent reviews haven't been great since the initial reviews were SO good but I guess as long as I have a spot to watch the parade I'll be happy!

And I think we will upgrade Dan's to a PH. Even just to hang out in the Magic Kingdom with the lights and the decorations would be nice! As long as it isn't too much more. Not really sure what the cost will be since I purchased his ticket prior to the hike!

Well, as much as I wanted to forgo a car for this trip I decided to rent one. I got a really great Black Friday deal on a car and I am keeping my fingers crossed we don't get charged the parking fee. Although, I've done the math and with the number of ubers we were planning on taking we would actually get pretty close to the cost of the car + parking, if not more. So I feel okay even if we do have to pay the parking fee (we somehow didn't in October so I'm not sure how it really works!)

I will say that if we were just heading to the airport on Monday the 17th to fly home and could have used resort airline check in we probably would have kept not having a car. But since we will be heading to the Wilderness Lodge after EPCOT we can just have our luggage in the car with us rather than going to dinner and worrying about getting back to POFQ and then getting an uber to the airport. Its just a lot easier this way!

Also, my cousin is going to drive up from Tampa and hang out with us at Hollywood Studios on Saturday and then have lunch with us on Sunday at The Wave. I originally had GFC booked but I've never actually eaten at The Wave and wanted to try it out!

The trip is only 11 days away! And I have so much to do between now and then lol I have pretty much all of my own ears to finish, a couple of ear orders for other people to finish, hair appointment, nail appointment, Christmas dinner with my bosses, getting my parents Christmas tree, work holiday party and bffmas with my girlfriends! These next two weeks are going to FLY by!

You have a full calendar until your trip! I feel the same way, December is so busy! But yay that your trip is so close!!

One week to go!

To keep my sanity this week I have been keeping a running checklist of everything I need to do between now and when we leave! It's been pretty helpful because I've given myself certain dates that things need to be done by to keep myself accountable. Although, life is life and things keep getting added! haha like having to go to immediate care for a bladder infection on Wednesday and my girlfriends wanting to do our gift exchange tonight. But I'm just rollin with the punches until I get to our trip! (Thankfully, I already had their gifts purchased so I just need to get them wrapped up!)

The big one on my list is definitely to finish (ahem - start) packing this weekend! Which I'm stressed over mostly because I don't know what to pack in terms of layers. I know it will get pretty cold at night so I plan on bringing most of the stuff I wear for a Buffalo winter because Florida-cold is NO JOKE. DH and I went in late January a few years back and we were freezing most of the trip! (Entirely my fault - I refused to pack anything other than flip flops and light jackets) So this time I will not let this happen! But I'm also hoping it wont be as cold as I'm expecting because we have cute Christmas sweaters to wear! So hopefully those will keep us warm enough.

Speaking of Christmas sweaters I found Dan this super cool Darth Vader one at Target this week. They were 40% off using cartwheel and then I also had the 20% off coupon from Black Friday so it came out to $15!

I also grabbed this Chewie t-shirt for him because why not :rotfl:

I dont think DH will ever admit it but he seems to like having themed shirts to wear in Disney and he would never buy them himself so I was happy to order them for him!

I also finished all of my ears for the trip! Is six too many for a (basically) 3 day trip? :rotfl:

All of my Christmas ears I made -

Some mardi gras ones I made because we are staying at POFQ!

And Im also planning on bringing my all red sequined ones, my Moms Snow white ears I made her for October and my Disney rose gold ones...

Hi, my name is Cloe and I have an ear problem :rotfl2:

In other news, I was able to get our rental car down to $83! So even if we do get charged for parking we will still be under what I budgeted for ubers so yay us! I really wish I could love Disney transportation more than I do...I just cant justify the time you need to allot for them. Too much of a control freak for that!

And just because I saw these on a Christmas gift idea list on buzzfeed and thought they were so cool! -

Death star kitchen timer - click to see on amazon

Light saber chopsticks!- click to see on amazon

I was really tempted to order one or both for my brother for Christmas but I've already spent my budget for him and planned on getting him a Captain America magic band during my trip since hes going in January. He probably wouldnt get much use out of either but he does have a Death Star tree topper so he probably would like it. I dont know why but I always find the most gift ideas for him! I just thought they were cool and would share them with all of you!

Florida cold really is no joke! I think (at least for me) you assume it wont be THAT cold and you can handle it, when really you still need to dress appropriately for it!

Your Christmas ears are ADORABLE! I'm with you on the ear problem...:rotfl2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!