2018: What events/happenings are you looking forward to this brand new year?

Kitty 34

Hums in her sleep
Not talking just trips even tho that's a biggie! ;)

But other things like graduations, retirements, jobs, births, showers, any type of special occasions, etc.

For me........actually this might be a quiet year. Not much is on our radar except for our usual birthday celebrations, our trip Up North,...........and hopefully maybe an announcement in the next few months that one of our DILs' are expecting.

We do have two nephews graduating; one from HS and the other from college but that's about it.

How 'bout you..................:)

P.S. Lowkey, I already know what you'll say (for an hour possibly) on the Cleveland Browns!! :rotfl:

Gathering of cousins next month
College tours for DD17
Dam2Dam in May (running the length of Lake of The Ozarks & back by boat)
Lake Of The Ozarks Shootout (race) in August
Edit: I need to travel to Houston on business & I think I can turn it into a visit with my parents at their Winter home, which I've never seen.

Keeping my fingers crossed for our first family vacation to WDW this Summer . I actually just emailed a travel agency this morning. Time to get this long planned trip booked.

Shorter more local getaway for Easter weekend.

Cirque du Soleil in April.

Also waiting impatiently to see what Broadway shows are coming here this year. The season will be announced later this month.

No major milestone due for my family this year.

Last edited:

DH, DD24, her boyfriend, and I are going to DC this summer to see the Eagles & James Taylor- on my birthday!! I learned today that 2 other couples, with whom we are very good friends, have also decided to go (although we all made the decision independently), so we are planning a dinner at Ambar restaurant while we are all there. Should be SO much fun!

I have just started a new job and so far, so good. I don't have to teach this semester (phew!), just manage the labs, so I'll have time to sit in on lectures and remember the chemistry that I didn't learn all that well 40 years ago! I am excited about this job, the benefits are great, and my income will double. I'm already looking at a new rug for the bedroom and we're planning on renovating the kitchen.

I am not going to say too much (don't want to jinx things) but it seems that DD and her boyfriend might have an announcement sometime this spring :bride:... fingers crossed!

seeing one of my favorite artists Andrew McMahon aka Jack's Mannequin aka Something Corporate in April to kick off my quarter life crisis

talking about possibly finally getting married later this year

hopefully taking my 5yo niece to WDW for the first time

taking a few long weekends to head up to our vacation house with my family. they go all the time but I haven't been in a few years

My oldest graduates from 5th grade in June.

Two trips planned, one to Disney and one to universal. The universal one is for my youngest 8th birthday

My youngest communion in April. My nieces communion in May (they are besties). My brother in laws wedding in May and hopefully going out of state for a close friends wedding, Also in May.

My second DD graduates HS in June and will commit to a college sometime this spring.

My parents celebrate their 50th this year and we’ll all go to the beach together.

We’re thinking of making a road trip to Yellowstone but we’ll see.

Annual Spring Training trip in March.

DD is hoping to buy her first house this year and move out on her own. She saw how much money her brother threw away on rent before buying a house, so she elected to continue living at home to save up to buy a house.

Nothing else. No graduations, retirements, new jobs, or weddings on the agenda for 2018

Our first trip to Disneyland is this summer! DD15 is going to LA for a band/chorus trip and we are extending it a few days since DL isn't on their agenda.
My baby sister is getting married, a day none of us ever thought would happen (just because she's a very independent person and I never thought she'd settle down).
DD15 made the HS musical pit orchestra and I'm excited to hear her in that!

My ds is graduating HS and will start college in the fall.
My dd will graduate from Community College and transfer to a University in the fall.
Trying to plan a big trip for all of us this summer before dd leaves, but we haven't decided where yet.
We have alot of plans/projects for our camp and I can't wait to get back up there in the Spring to start them.

My in-laws are snowbirds and are leaving for Clearwater, Florida in a week. Next month, we are driving down to visit them, and while there, we are taking DS on his first trip to WDW! We'll spend 1/2 day at Disney Springs and one full day at MK, not too much to wear Granna and Granpa out, but enough for them to say they took him on his first trip.

DS will be 3 in August and probably starting preschool in September. He will also be starting either youth soccer or the "learn-to-skate" program at the ice skating rink.

I'd like to do some day trips. Santa's Village in NH, or maybe go to VT and/or RI, so we can finish off all of New England on DS's "States I've Visited" map.

Much of the year is still up for grabs.

Ds2 is getting married in August so everything that goes along with that

Dh and I going to Disney in May

My new yearly pet scan for cancer recurrence in June

The last of my three kids graduate from college, our DS who was living at home is moving to Florida and my Dd plans to move when she graduates. Oldest DS and his family still lives in town, but he took a new job and plans to move to. My dad moved in with my brother 3 hours away. This is the first time in 40 years dh and I will have none of our family close. Our nest will really be empty.

I'm looking forward to my trip to Universal for the Celebration of Harry Potter. This will be my 3rd year attending and it's always so much fun to be around like minded people, enjoying our fandom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter