2018: What events/happenings are you looking forward to this brand new year?

I’m looking forward to the Jets (hockey) hopefully making the playoffs.

My daughter turns 18 and graduates high school this year. I’m happy and sad at the same time about this. Happy because I raised her right to get to this point, but sad because it means she’s one step closer to venturing out and making her own life. It was just the two of us for so long it will feel like the right side of me is missing.

I’m also looking forward to having a healthy and productive year. Last year was rough and I’m glad it’s behind me :)

Going to Japan in April! Can't wait! It's my wee sister's 21st birthday so we're having a big party and I'm going to look into getting us a cheap trip to DL Paris for her present.

The current running joke in my family is that I'm going to get engaged this year, but I dunno, maybe next year hah!

However most of our big things were last year 2 of my best friends

Two graduations (one high school, one college) and moving one child in to college and one child back home (or her own apartment, maybe).

Two high school plays (son is in one, daughter was hired to play French horn in another).

Seeing the national touring company of Cinderella.

The season finale of Star Wars Rebels.

Various movies.

DD is Simba in her 6th grade play in March. She is very excited.

My son graduates high school this year. We are throwing him a huge party in June. He asked for a party which threw me by surprise. He's a laid back, mostly quiet kid, who doesn't like a lot of attention but he wanted a big party. I already have the hall, decorator and DJ booked. I am not crafty and dislike decorating so 90% of the work is done for me by hiring a decorator. I literally just have to show up with food (which will be 40% family cooking and the rest done by a caterer), liquor and a cake.

Doing a couples only trip for a friends 40th birthday. Right after my sons party. June will be busy!!!

Doing a Disney mother daughter trip in November.

The last of my three kids graduate from college, our DS who was living at home is moving to Florida and my Dd plans to move when she graduates. Oldest DS and his family still lives in town, but he took a new job and plans to move to. My dad moved in with my brother 3 hours away. This is the first time in 40 years dh and I will have none of our family close. Our nest will really be empty.
:sad: :hug: Your post got me, I think I'd be contemplating relocating.

No retirement, no weddings, etc. that I can think of.

Our step-granddaughter graduates from high school this spring, but as her mother and our son are divorcing I'm not even sure we'll be invited. :(

We plan to trade our truck camper in for a 20-22' tow behind camper, so I'm really, really looking forward to that! Probably in March or early April. We've had the truck camper 7 or 8 years now, and while we liked it at first it does have its drawbacks. The major one being when we go somewhere to camp for 2-3 nights or more, if we want to do any sightseeing in the area or just go into town or out for dinner we have to unplug it from water/electric and take it with us. :( Also DH hits his head on the ceiling so often when he's getting out of the bed, the sink in the kitchen area is just one sink (I prefer two, one for washing and one for rinsing), the bathroom is so teeny tiny, and the couch is quite uncomfortable. Those are the main things I can think of, but there are probably others. We feel that we would prefer a tow-behind instead. Plus we plan to start looking at larger campers to possibly replace our 5th wheel camper, in another year or so. But we want to start looking so we get an idea of what features they have now.

I have a trip planned in November, going back to WDW for a week with our DD. Can't wait for that!! :yay: Then just 3 months later DH and I are going on a cruise (Royal Caribbean's Oasis of the Seas) and we're going to spend a few days at WDW before it. He will stay at least a couple of nights, in order to go to EPCOT, but then he may go visit his Dad and go to Daytona for a few nights while I do Disney solo. Not positive on that yet. But I've never had the chance to go to WDW twice in a span of just 3 months, so I'm super excited about that!! :) DD and I are staying at Port Orleans Riverside, which we love. But DH and I are going to give Caribbean Beach a try. :)

1) Defending my dissertatino proposal/ starting an awesome externship in my field, hopefully, getting that much closer to graduating with my PhD !
2) Seeing Harry Potter & the Cursed Child in April
3) Presenting at my first academic conference
4) Broadway show weekend with some of my best friends in May
and of course...5) my March WDW/ Universal trip :)

Olympics in February (watching, not going)

Family camping trip in CO or UT or NM in June (haven’t decided where yet)

25th college reunion in NYC in June

DH and DS15 going to BSA Sea Base for live aboard SCUBA week in the Keys (I don’t get to go, I just get to pay for it)

Trip to the Consulate of Argentina in L.A. to obtain student visa because………

DS15 leaving for a year-long youth exchange to Argentina in September :flower:

Will do our best to hit DL on that trip, because why wouldn’t we:earboy2:

The rest of us left behind will do an awesome trip over Christmas (haven’t finalized where yet!)

I'm seeing Ed Sheeran in August with my family and my BFF. I haven't been to a concert with her since Gloria Estefan in high school.

Two, count 'em, two WDW trips after a 2-year absence, including one this month.

Paying off my very last credit card debt this year, by November. After that, our only debt will be our mortgage.

Going to see my wife's beloved Blue Jays in a Spring Training game in March.

Two weddings
Hopefully 2-3 Membership Magic events at the parks
10 year wedding anniversary!!!!!! - not sure what we will do, as our original plan needed to be scrapped due to a variety of random things that popped up, but it will be great no matter what.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter