2019 Armed Forces Salute Renewal Announced!

Following this thread for updates. :flower1: We're planning a February 2019 trip and hoping for some discounts! :)

Hello! I’m keeping tabs on any updates and will definitely share.

I’d also suggest you go to the Military Disney Tios website because Steve Bell is where I look to for the discount news.

I was at the base ITT yesterday to buy tickets for our Nov. trip and she said still no word. Guess we will have to wait for Steve to let us know.

Just for clarity- are we able to book rooms at this time with the military room discount? We are waffling back and forth for our June 2019 trip on whether to rent DVC or use our military room discount for trip flexibility because they usually come
out to similar pricing. Was planning to call this week to try to just book some rooms through Disney direct. Will we be able to get the military rate at this point for June 2019?

Won’t be purchasing tix til after the new year.

Just for clarity- are we able to book rooms at this time with the military room discount? We are waffling back and forth for our June 2019 trip on whether to rent DVC or use our military room discount for trip flexibility because they usually come
out to similar pricing. Was planning to call this week to try to just book some rooms through Disney direct. Will we be able to get the military rate at this point for June 2019?

Not yet. They haven’t released if/what the discount will be. Won’t come until some time this fall, hopefully September.

Joining the watch! I'm a DAVPRM, going with my family in November 2019. We're a party of 4 adults and 1 toddler (will be under 3), and I'm hoping they're offering 5 day regular tickets this year since we won't need hoppers. 6 days would be perfect, but I don't think they've ever done that for salute tickets

You can try booking a regular price trip now and calling to update to a salute rate when they publish next year's discounts, but I've never tried this personally.

You can try booking a regular price trip now and calling to update to a salute rate when they publish next year's discounts, but I've never tried this personally.

You cannot book military rate for next year yet, but you can do this. Make sure you call as soon as the rates are released. We did this a couple years ago and called too late. We ended up losing our original rooms (Garden View) because Disney only sets aside a certain amount of room types for military rate.

You cannot book military rate for next year yet, but you can do this. Make sure you call as soon as the rates are released. We did this a couple years ago and called too late. We ended up losing our original rooms (Garden View) because Disney only sets aside a certain amount of room types for military rate.

I am stalking Steve and have his tweets text to me as well

I will not miss this announcement!

Just decided we are going to try and go July 2019. I was disheartened to read that Disney is cutting back on the military room discounts. My son is disabled and on limited income so the discount has allowed him to go with his daughter. Fingers crossed they continue with the discount and that we can get what we are looking for. We have to work around his visitation with his daughter and my 14 yr olds band schedule so we are not as flexible as I would like to be. I am also researching SOG as a back up.

I am a disabled vet and we stayed at SOG this past July and loved it. The Mini Van's will come to the front of resort as an alternative transportation option. Its through lyft and is 25 a ride holding up to 6 people. They do have 2 carseats for younger kids. Call disney the end of Sept or early Oct. For rates for other resort. I call now every 2 weeks.

I am actually trying this and we have AKL booked and I called disney world to check last week. They said to call back the end of Sept and in Oct. So I'm now calling every 2 weeks. We're planning for Oct 2019. I figured if they don't have the discount for the room I'll just have them switch my reservation. They did say that whether it's a military discount or a better deal as dates approach you can always call and have them apply the better deal.

I think this a great idea!! I have booked AKL for Oct 2019. I'm calling disney every 2 weeks to check on rates and the last they told me was check back the end of month and then in Oct. I'm hoping by having my room booked that as long as it falls under the discounted selections they can just apply and if not switch. They may not know the releases yet but you never know if someone there heard something lol. Last resort is SOG which we stayed at in July of this year and the room sizes are amazing when you have little kids :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter