2019 booking date June 19th

Adam Ledet

Grimace4017
Has anyone heard any rumors on when we will be able to book non room only for 2019? Suspense is starting to kill me.

Are January bookings available for the Non home DVC members now? Or will that not begin until 6/1?

Ahhh, So its not the month its based on 7 months from the start of your trip?
Honestly I am not exactly sure. I know its 7 months before but I would assume thats 7 months from your travel dates. I would think this info is available through DVC if you are an owner.

Honestly I am not exactly sure. I know its 7 months before but I would assume thats 7 months from your travel dates. I would think this info is available through DVC if you are an owner.
Yeah I got lazy. You're correct, thanks. 7 months from check-in date. Now we wait for the 2019 Bookings to open up.

Ahhh, So its not the month its based on 7 months from the start of your trip?
I'm not a DVC member but I have rented points in the past - when trying to rent from a member at a non-home resort, it was 7 months from the start of my trip, not the month of my trip, if I recall correctly.

Why do they release packages so relatively late? I have family that were looking to start pricing out 2019 trips (in January and March) and were shocked they couldn't do that online already.

I mean, if ticket prices aren't going to change until next February and you can already get room-only reservations. Why they wait until June/July to sell the combined ticket/room packages? Is there something special about the packages? Aren't they just a convenience to bundle your resort with tickets. There isn't a bundle discount is there? (unless you get a special promotion)

Why do they release packages so relatively late? I have family that were looking to start pricing out 2019 trips (in January and March) and were shocked they couldn't do that online already.

I mean, if ticket prices aren't going to change until next February and you can already get room-only reservations. Why they wait until June/July to sell the combined ticket/room packages? Is there something special about the packages? Aren't they just a convenience to bundle your resort with tickets. There isn't a bundle discount is there? (unless you get a special promotion)
It’s just how they’ve always done it.

No idea why so late, I've wondered the same. Many other resorts and cruises you can book at least 18 months in advance. And no, there is no bundle discount outside of the special promotions.

So the longer it takes for them to release Packages is so they can get better room occupancy forecasting. The forecasting of room occupancy determines how aggressive the discounts can be, it also has to do with marketing. Yes you can book room only rates now, But that is at full rack rate, which means zero discount. Packages bundle many things together which provides a discount of some sort. Disney also needs to focus on the marketing plan for the next fiscal year, which specifically goes around packages and special deals. Disney doesnt really market the rack rate. No one wants to here its only 600 plus a night for a room at GF, but they do want to hear. For only 1999 you can take a family for 4 to Disney for 5 nights with park hopper staying at the AOA. The longer Disney takes to release the numbers the longer they have to determine how much of a discount they feel they need to provide to keep up the occupancy over 90 percent and to formulate plans. Also by June we are in the second half of the fiscal year, so operating costs and other fiscally tracked numbers have already been analyzed.

As to why Cruises allow you to book packages out 18 months in advance, is although they work on the same principle as above, they are in much smaller scale than what WDW operates. Also I am sure there are more factors that influence cost vs profit formulas for Disney running as many resorts as they do, compared to a cruise line.

So the longer it takes for them to release Packages is so they can get better room occupancy forecasting. The forecasting of room occupancy determines how aggressive the discounts can be, it also has to do with marketing. Yes you can book room only rates now, But that is at full rack rate, which means zero discount. Packages bundle many things together which provides a discount of some sort. Disney also needs to focus on the marketing plan for the next fiscal year, which specifically goes around packages and special deals. Disney doesnt really market the rack rate. No one wants to here its only 600 plus a night for a room at GF, but they do want to hear. For only 1999 you can take a family for 4 to Disney for 5 nights with park hopper staying at the AOA. The longer Disney takes to release the numbers the longer they have to determine how much of a discount they feel they need to provide to keep up the occupancy over 90 percent and to formulate plans. Also by June we are in the second half of the fiscal year, so operating costs and other fiscally tracked numbers have already been analyzed.

As to why Cruises allow you to book packages out 18 months in advance, is although they work on the same principle as above, they are in much smaller scale than what WDW operates. Also I am sure there are more factors that influence cost vs profit formulas for Disney running as many resorts as they do, compared to a cruise line.
Regular Disney packages aren't discounted. The discounts on rooms and packages for January aren't released until September or October. The packages that you can book starting in June/July are full rack rate.

Regular Disney packages aren't discounted. The discounts on rooms and packages for January aren't released until September or October. The packages that you can book starting in June/July are full rack rate.
And I’m ready to book my vacation. I don’t care what the cost is. Haha

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter