2019 Disneyland Paris Marathon Weekend

So excited to have more information!!

I have a couple questions for people who have done the race weekend before-

-at the expo it has the different squares listed for different bib pick ups. I am doing the 36KM and the Castle to Chateau challenges but they are listed as different squares, which bib pick up booth will have my package?
-the 5/10/half t-shirt pick up is all together, do you get your challenge shirts at the same booths as the bib pickups?
- on the challenge info page it says " you'll wear a unique bib for each race" , at WDW when you do a challenge race they give you 1 bib ( fairytale challenge 10km+half=1 bib), so if I am doing the 36km challenge do I get 3 bibs?
- I am staying at a Disney hotel but when I booked there was no meal plan special offer so I didn't bother booking a meal plan. I see the guide says about breakfast hours being extended for the race weekend "Just present your race bib and your Magic Pass or Meal Plan voucher at the restaurant reception to receive your bracelet for that day. After the race, come back to your Disney Hotel restaurant for a second breakfast (make sure you have your bracelet on you). Information is available at the reception of your Disney Hotel." How its worded with just present your race bib has me confused, do I get a complementary breakfast for doing a race and staying on property? or is it an add on you can buy?
-do some of the quick services in the parks or at the hotels have some breakfast basics available for purchase like bananas? or what do people normally do to get things like that?

OK! I am done! Thats all the questions I can think of haha :)

Thanks in advance!

probably the 36K

probably at the shirt pick up as well

No this seems to be a translation error. In French it says you'll only get one bib (there also was only one bib last year, but more people were confused by this wording)

No, it;s not complementary, but there will be credit for it on the magic pass or meal plan voucher. That's why it doesn't just state the bib, but also either of those

I know there is a fruit stand in adventure land, but it won't be open until noon

Thank you for your quick response! Yeah I figured that wouldn't be the case for the breakfast, kinda wishful thinking haha! Ok perfect, fingers crossed for one bib, then its less things to keep track of!

Thank you for your quick response! Yeah I figured that wouldn't be the case for the breakfast, kinda wishful thinking haha! Ok perfect, fingers crossed for one bib, then its less things to keep track of!
If you are doing the 36k, I would call and see what the costs are to add breakfast to your package. For the days of the 10k and half, you will get 4 meals, might be worth it.

So excited to have more information!!

I have a couple questions for people who have done the race weekend before-

-at the expo it has the different squares listed for different bib pick ups. I am doing the 36KM and the Castle to Chateau challenges but they are listed as different squares, which bib pick up booth will have my package?

You have to go to both the 36k booth to get your bib, shirts and be photographed with your bib as well as to the Castle to Chateau booth to check in and get a wristband.

When will we know what corral we are placed in? It's getting real now.

Two weeks to go!

I just did my last long training run, 18K, the last 3K was pushing it with walk-run-walk-run, but I made it and I'm actually quite happy. I did it in just under 2h (1.57) and that means I should be able to break my record of last year (2.32) for sure. But it depends on the character stops by how much :)

This was my post of September 16th, 2018. One week before the run. Today I did 18K as well, in 1.59hours. Maybe a tad slower than last year, but I was very happy with it, I have a feeling I've got to know my body better this time around. Only my new training schedule didn't have many long runs at the right speed till the very end. I had to push myself to keep the speed up. But I did it for most of the run, there was some walking as my city has more bridges than I care for ;-) on average my time was good.
Also, there was rain during my morning run which might have slowed me down a little :P

Does anyone know if we can store our bags at Sequoia Lodge for a few hours while we wait for our room? We land in the morning and will be at the hotel around 11 or 12, but check in isn't until 3pm. The website says that bell service is only available for the club level rooms, but I've never been to a hotel that didn't offer bell service to all guests. I was really hoping we could drop off our suitcases and at least walk around Disney Village until our room is ready. I would even pay to do it, just so we don't have to either lug suitcases around for 4 hours or just sit in the hotel lobby and wait.

Yes you can :) for club level rooms they'll take them to your room, but they'll store them for everybody

Awesome, that's perfect! I don't mind picking them up ourselves, as long as we can store them :) Thanks!

@KaitlynJ, and anyone else from the states who hasn’t been to DLP before, when you arrive all of your bags will need to go through a scanner before you can enter the hotel. It is not obvious that you need to do it, so look for the scanning area before heading in the lobby door. I had never encountered that requirement before in Europe so found it a bit of a surprise.

Park security is like airport security was in 2000. All bags you take into the park area go through a scanner and you empty your pockets before walking through the metal detector.

@KaitlynJ, and anyone else from the states who hasn’t been to DLP before, when you arrive all of your bags will need to go through a scanner before you can enter the hotel. It is not obvious that you need to do it, so look for the scanning area before heading in the lobby door. I had never encountered that requirement before in Europe so found it a bit of a surprise.

Park security is like airport security was in 2000. All bags you take into the park area go through a scanner and you empty your pockets before walking through the metal detector.

I did know this, I heard that it's a similar setup to Universal CityWalk in Florida.

I do not know to be happy or sad. Been on a Florida Trip at that time, so I miss the Inaugural Race :-(

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!