2019 Disneyland Paris Marathon Weekend

Would love to join DATW, but do not know, if I can handle all the booze. Reading most of your TRs, you like Pros ;)

Ooops sorry, wrong Thread, too many open Browser Tabs 🙄

I'm glad I found this group. I never got a registration email, but through this group I found the link to do it. I'm all set now and have been approved.
Is it too early to start restuarant reservations?

I updated the runner/hotel list on Post #2 from what I could tell from the thread. Please let me know if I have anything wrong or additions to be made!

We've booked through a Dutch travel agent.
No e-mails to register as yet.
Two weeks ago I could see both bookings for the 36k challenge in my "old" account though, but could only fill in my own details. So my own booking is " completed and approved, but we cannot access the second booking (my husband's) . Anyway, we'll just wait and see I guess.

For the list at the beginning: we're doing the 36K challenge and staying at Sequoia Lodge. It's the second time we are participating.

I'm glad I found this group. I never got a registration email, but through this group I found the link to do it. I'm all set now and have been approved.
Is it too early to start restuarant reservations?
No, it's now possible to make reservations more than 2 months out.

To do it in English online https://www.disboards.com/threads/online-restaurant-reservations-in-english.3745810/

If that doesn't work, try this instruction for the Dutch website: https://www.disboards.com/threads/i...sneyland-paris-website.3736651/#post-60485744

Otherwise: Call.

Just be aware, this is a very busy weekend for restaurants. As there are many visitors from outside Europe, and they do a lot of table service.
Thus why I’m doing reservations.

I know the food isn’t as good as the states. It also isn’t going to help we are doing this after 2 weeks of touring France with Tauck. I’m expecting to be disappointed at least!

So far I got California Grill for Thursday at 7pm, Remy at 3pm for Friday, Steakhouse for 5pm Saturday - debating on Sunday for post half meal/last meal in France.

So far I got California Grill for Thursday at 7pm, Remy at 3pm for Friday, Steakhouse for 5pm Saturday - debating on Sunday for post half meal/last meal in France.

I really liked Remy last year; the decor is on point too. The other table service I like was Captain Jack’s - the restaurant is right on the water of the Pirates of the Caribbean ride - and yes, Jack Sparrow makes the rounds.

I'm sadly not doing DLP this year, but am signed up for my first WDW runDisney for Wine and Dine this year!

Wondering if I could get help with T-shirt sizing please especially if anyone has done both DLP and WDW races? I recall when I did DLP in 2017 there were a lot of T-shirt sizing issues then (as the women's sizes were running small), and I ended up with XL and L shirts that fit me perfectly now.

How do the DLP runDisney T-shirt sizes compare against the WDW runDisney T-shirt sizes? Would my XL/L translate to an M or an S in WDW runDisney?

I got my email today! Hooray!!

I am sitting down to complete my registration steps and also have a t shirt question - can you edit you size selection afterwards and how small have the shirts run in the past? do you recommend going up one size, two sizes?

if I could get help with T-shirt sizing please especially if anyone has done both DLP and WDW races? I recall when I did DLP in 2017 there were a lot of T-shirt sizing issues then (as the women's sizes were running small), and I ended up with XL and L shirts that fit me perfectly now.

How do the DLP runDisney T-shirt sizes compare against the WDW runDisney T-shirt sizes? Would my XL/L translate to an M or an S in WDW runDisney?
I am sitting down to complete my registration steps and also have a t shirt question - can you edit you size selection afterwards and how small have the shirts run in the past? do you recommend going up one size, two sizes?

Before you pick a size, measure a shirt you like to wear and then click on the Sizing Information button (there is typically one, but I do not remember where) and select according to the size your measurements put you in.

Here is why. There are 3 pictures below. One is the 2018 C2C challenge shirt on top of the 2018 DLP half marathon shirt, both are XL. The second is the DLP half shirt on top of the 2019 WDW 5k shirt, both are XL. Third is the DLP half shirt on top of the 2019 WDW marathon shirt (DLP is XL, WDW is L). As you can see there is no rhyme or reason between sizing labels. I will not upload a picture, but please know that the WDW 5k shirt in XL is almost the same size as the marathon shirt in L.

Attachments

• 8E03DAAD-807F-4973-93E0-4FB992FA6B12.jpeg
    8E03DAAD-807F-4973-93E0-4FB992FA6B12.jpeg
    107.3 KB · Views: 12
  • 1F0A3FE1-02A8-4884-8FE9-C23AE67B1A7D.jpeg
    1F0A3FE1-02A8-4884-8FE9-C23AE67B1A7D.jpeg
    99 KB · Views: 12
  • 2177A60A-2C4A-48B4-901C-447C80D5BAD3.jpeg
    2177A60A-2C4A-48B4-901C-447C80D5BAD3.jpeg
    101.1 KB · Views: 11
I got my email today! Hooray!!

If you are used to US sizes, go at least 1 size up.
Last year there was a stand at the expo to exchange shirts to a different size, but better to get it right the first time ;-)

Before you pick a size, measure a shirt you like to wear and then click on the Sizing Information button (there is typically one, but I do not remember where) and select according to the size your measurements put you in.

Here is why. There are 3 pictures below. One is the 2018 C2C challenge shirt on top of the 2018 DLP half marathon shirt, both are XL. The second is the DLP half shirt on top of the 2019 WDW 5k shirt, both are XL. Third is the DLP half shirt on top of the 2019 WDW marathon shirt (DLP is XL, WDW is L). As you can see there is no rhyme or reason between sizing labels. I will not upload a picture, but please know that the WDW 5k shirt in XL is almost the same size as the marathon shirt in L.

Thank you so much - those photos are really helpful!

I suspect I'll probably go for an M then and hope it fits well! This runDisney sizing is really confusing...

Ok perfect! Thank you for this, I thought I remembered reading somewhere about the sizing being smaller but I couldn't find it again to confirm it. The visual is super helpful!

Does anyone have a link what to do if you pick up a race packet for someone else? I need a copy of her ID, I think?

I am thinking about going a day earlier, on Thursday, and pick up my and my friend's packets. Just in case they have the same system as last year and just mix all the runners over the different corrals and we get assigned D or E. Last years the queue at the complaints desk to get it changed to C, was long.
If can get this stuff out of the way before the race days start, it will hopefully be a better experience.

Does anyone have a link what to do if you pick up a race packet for someone else? I need a copy of her ID, I think?
It's in the FAQs.

Can I pick up the runner kit of another participant?
To collect a runner's kit on behalf of someone else, you must show your valid photo ID and a copy of the valid ID of the person you are picking the runner's kit for. You will need to bring the original printed voucher, as well as a power of attorney signed by the runner. It is mandatory that this power attorney show's your first and last name, plus the other person first and last name. Please add the exact type of service(s) the person is picking.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter