2019 DXDP - are you allowed to share? Post your ACTUAL experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Today I booked the dining plan for our May trip. We have a split stay, 3 rooms and 10 people: 7 adults, 2 children over 3 and 1 child age 2. We are doing the basic DDP for everyone the first 3 nights. The last 4 nights we are doing the DxDP for one room...4 adults and 1 child to share with everyone. (I crunched the numbers every way possible and this is the most cost effective for our group with the restaurants chosen.) When I stated I only wanted the DxDP for the one room the cast member immediately said “Let me clarify that the meal credits are pooled and you are welcome to use them for anyone, whether or not they are on that reservation.” This was completely unsolicited by me. I still have my fingers crossed that sharing credits goes smoothly. :)

Yes. I always get the DxDDP. My cousin lives in FL and joined me one night for the Spirit of Aloha dinner show. I "paid" for her ticket with my credits.

Interested to see how this plays out. We have an 8 night stay in May (2A/2C). My dad, stepmom and niece (17) are in another room for the first 5 nights. I added the deluxe dining plan to our room and asked if I could upgrade my kids to Disney Adults (they have APs so tickets price is the same) so that we could share extra credits while my dad/stepmom were staying and the CM told me that we didn't need to becauseall the credits were pooled as credits, not adult vs child and we could share them however we wanted with them. It makes me nervous but we will see what happens.
Do you think I should call back and ask again or ask them to email that in writing to take with us in case someone pushes the issue?

Interested to see how this plays out. We have an 8 night stay in May (2A/2C). My dad, stepmom and niece (17) are in another room for the first 5 nights. I added the deluxe dining plan to our room and asked if I could upgrade my kids to Disney Adults (they have APs so tickets price is the same) so that we could share extra credits while my dad/stepmom were staying and the CM told me that we didn't need to becauseall the credits were pooled as credits, not adult vs child and we could share them however we wanted with them. It makes me nervous but we will see what happens.
Do you think I should call back and ask again or ask them to email that in writing to take with us in case someone pushes the issue?
No you will be just fine.

Just following along. Our trip starts May 30 and we currently have the deluxe on one room and QS on the other. I talked to a CM today that told me the credits are "limited to the people on that particular room reservation" and that we wouldn't be able to share them between the 2 rooms to cover TS meals, which I know isn't totally true. He had to ask someone else, though, so I don't feel great putting a lot on his answer alone.

One of our meals is H&V so that's the only one I'm really concerned about. The people that were actually told "no", that they couldn't use their credits to cover other meals...did they just pay out of pocket at that point?

Just following along. Our trip starts May 30 and we currently have the deluxe on one room and QS on the other. I talked to a CM today that told me the credits are "limited to the people on that particular room reservation" and that we wouldn't be able to share them between the 2 rooms to cover TS meals, which I know isn't totally true. He had to ask someone else, though, so I don't feel great putting a lot on his answer alone.

One of our meals is H&V so that's the only one I'm really concerned about. The people that were actually told "no", that they couldn't use their credits to cover other meals...did they just pay out of pocket at that point?
We have H&V too. Trying to decide if I should cancel it or not. We also have TIW so I guess worst case the rest of our family can use that.

We shared credits (2 adult DxDP credits among 3 adults) and had no issues whatsoever at H&V breakfast on March 1st (Fantasmic! package).

We have H&V too. Trying to decide if I should cancel it or not. We also have TIW so I guess worst case the rest of our family can use that.

We also have H&V for 4. 2 of which will be on DP(if I add it). I’ve done the math every which way and even though it would be better to pay for all 4 with credits, I could still make worth it overall by paying OOP for 2 and credits for the other 2.

I just returned from vacation. I am reporting on what happened 3/24/19-3/30/19. We are a party of four with the regular dining plan. We have 3 adults and 1 child on the plan. On arrival we ate at Crystal Palace and wanted to use our credits to buy my parents and nephew their meal. I asked immediately upon being seated if I could use my credits on them. Our waitress said that then we may run out credits, but I explained that I understood that. She then said she would allow it, but your not supposed to do it. This is the only place we were even questioned. She made it seem like she was really doing us a favor. On Wednesday we shared credits at Hollywood and Vine. Again, I asked upon being seated b/c I knew my parents wouldn't order alcohol if they had to pay out of pocket. They didn't even question it and we used the credits for the Fantasmic Dining Package. We paid for my nephew out of pocket at this location. We also shared our credits at Artistic Point. No questions at all.

I just returned from vacation. I am reporting on what happened 3/24/19-3/30/19. We are a party of four with the regular dining plan. We have 3 adults and 1 child on the plan. On arrival we ate at Crystal Palace and wanted to use our credits to buy my parents and nephew their meal. I asked immediately upon being seated if I could use my credits on them. Our waitress said that then we may run out credits, but I explained that I understood that. She then said she would allow it, but your not supposed to do it. This is the only place we were even questioned. She made it seem like she was really doing us a favor. On Wednesday we shared credits at Hollywood and Vine. Again, I asked upon being seated b/c I knew my parents wouldn't order alcohol if they had to pay out of pocket. They didn't even question it and we used the credits for the Fantasmic Dining Package. We paid for my nephew out of pocket at this location. We also shared our credits at Artistic Point. No questions at all.
Thank you for reporting back, it is appreciated!

This seems crazy? Why would anyone pay adult price then? You could just pay one adult in the room and pay kids price for the rest?
We have done it several trips. Multiple rooms with Deluxe plan on one room only and shared the credits. Only ever had a problem at 50's Prime Time. Some friends of mine just returned from a trip last week and they did this as well. They had two adults and three kids in their room and purchased the deluxe plan and shared credits with the other two rooms they had with no problem.

It’s only “cheating the system” when someone with a child orders an adult meal, that is getting more than what you paid for.
Disclaimer: Never had the deluxe plan.

I really don't see how that is cheating the system. It would be so simple for Disney to specify adult vs child credits like they do on the DDP. They clearly don't care to do that.

I'm not exactly sure why they haven't put an end to it but I'd think it has something to do with the hefty price tag of the plan and recognizing flexibility will lead to happier customers.

I'm not exactly sure why they haven't put an end to it but I'd think it has something to do with the hefty price tag of the plan and recognizing flexibility will lead to happier customers.

The reason is that Deluxe credits can be used for TS or QS meals and there are still one or two QS places that do not have kids' meals. Apparently, those places would not be able to "see" a dedicated kid's credit, so QS and DxDDP credits are all pooled and can be used for all adult meals.

The reason is that Deluxe credits can be used for TS or QS meals and there are still one or two QS places that do not have kids' meals. Apparently, those places would not be able to "see" a dedicated kid's credit, so QS and DxDDP credits are all pooled and can be used for all adult meals.
True but also a pretty simple fix. It can't be that difficult to add the zillionth hot dog, sandwich or mac and cheese to a menu...

I talked to a CM today that told me the credits are "limited to the people on that particular room reservation" and that we wouldn't be able to share them between the 2 rooms to cover TS meals, which I know isn't totally true. He had to ask someone else, though, so I don't feel great putting a lot on his answer alone.

Just as a follow up to this...I had to call back on the 4th for something else and I asked the same question just to see what kind of answer I would get. The CM transferred me to the dining department and the lady there told me that they are our credits to use however we choose, including paying for people not staying in our room or even on site if we want. So I know everyone is already aware, but they are clearly all over the place where dining credits are concerned.

To anyone who had used DxDP in 2019, could you please confirm us if all the credits appears polled together without distinction in adult or children or TS and QS?

Thank you

To anyone who had used DxDP in 2019, could you please confirm us if all the credits appears polled together without distinction in adult or children or TS and QS?

Thank you

We are a family of all adults so I can’t confirm that portion of your question, but yes, there is no distinction between TS and CS. You are welcome to use all credits for TS meals.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!