2019 DXDP - are you allowed to share? Post your ACTUAL experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thank you all for the updates. Please continue to share your experiences. My husband and I intentionally bought the DxDP for our June trip so that we could treat my parents to several dinners. We thought it would be a great way to pre-pay for meals so we wouldn't have to think about costs while on vacation. We've never treated anyone to dinner with our credits before so this thread has been informative. I don't want to waste any money or credits. Thanks to those who have shared their experiences.

More questions about sharing DDP credits! If you are on Deluxe Dining Plan, in a TS restaurant (for instance Yak and Yeti) every adult can order an appetizer, an entree, a dessert and a drink ¿correct? In that case, if we are 4 adults with Deluxe Dining Plan, is it possible to order food for 3 or 2 and share? For instance, if we are not really hungry, could 4 adults order 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 desserts and 2 drinks (+water) and pay with 2TS credits??

More questions about sharing DDP credits! If you are on Deluxe Dining Plan, in a TS restaurant (for instance Yak and Yeti) every adult can order an appetizer, an entree, a dessert and a drink ¿correct? In that case, if we are 4 adults with Deluxe Dining Plan, is it possible to order food for 3 or 2 and share? For instance, if we are not really hungry, could 4 adults order 2 appetizers, 2 entrees, 2 desserts and 2 drinks (+water) and pay with 2TS credits??

Yes, you can do that pretty much everywhere except for Via Napoli, where it has been reported lots of times that they are pretty aggressive about not letting you share one credit worth of food between multiple people. We have done what you described with no problems and it’s been plenty of food but I’ve never tried it at Via Napoli since we just like pizza there anyway which is not a great use of DDP credits.

Okay, so I am planning a trip for August and want to use the dxdp to share with friends who will be joining us for a few meals. I sent an email through the Disney Dining help link yesterday and just received this response:

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

Yes, you may use the Disney Dining Plan to pay for the meals for everyone at the table.

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website (only available on the US site). Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

So...I guess I will go ahead and book it and keep this email with me in case I need it.

Has anyone had an email from Disney that confirms you can share credits, like the ones mentioned in this thread, and used it successfully when challenged about sharing the credits? I called Disney this evening and got the response that credits can only be used for those on the reservation and she went on to explain that all people at the table will have their bands scanned. I’ve never seen that before. Anyway, I emailed Disney tonight hoping for an email similar to the others that confirm you can use your credits to pay for others. But not sure it will hold up once we are there. Sorry for the long post

she went on to explain that all people at the table will have their bands scanned.

That has certainly not been my experience (that everyone’s bands were scanned). I was the sole adult on a resort stay where I paid for 5 adult signature meals (California Grill) using my dining plan credits. No problem whatsoever (though it was last year). My impression was that the server just wanted to make sure he earned a nice gratuity. No bands were scanned and the other four guests were either at Disney resorts but no dining plan or offsite.

Has anyone had an email from Disney that confirms you can share credits, like the ones mentioned in this thread, and used it successfully when challenged about sharing the credits? I called Disney this evening and got the response that credits can only be used for those on the reservation and she went on to explain that all people at the table will have their bands scanned. I’ve never seen that before. Anyway, I emailed Disney tonight hoping for an email similar to the others that confirm you can use your credits to pay for others. But not sure it will hold up once we are there. Sorry for the long post
I’m here now and I do have an email saying I can share credits. But so far I haven’t needed to use it. When they scan my band, the 2 people in my room show up. The waitress in some variation asks how are the 3 other people people paying. I’ve just said to take all the credits out of my plan. No further questions asked.

I’m here now and I do have an email saying I can share credits. But so far I haven’t needed to use it. When they scan my band, the 2 people in my room show up. The waitress in some variation asks how are the 3 other people people paying. I’ve just said to take all the credits out of my plan. No further questions asked.

Thank you for sharing your experience! If you have time, I am interested to know which restaurants you visited. I hope you are having a fun trip!

Thank you for sharing your experience! If you have time, I am interested to know which restaurants you visited. I hope you are having a fun trip!
We are having a great trip, thank you ! So far we’ve been to Chef Mickey, Ragland Road and Mama Melrose.

Where have you eaten?

We are on our way to WDW now. Have the deluxe plan for 8 nights for 2A/2C. We have family (3A) staying for 5 nights that we plan to share with. I will keep track of how we use the credits and where we eat. Crossing my fingers for no issues!

We are on our way to WDW now. Have the deluxe plan for 8 nights for 2A/2C. We have family (3A) staying for 5 nights that we plan to share with. I will keep track of how we use the credits and where we eat. Crossing my fingers for no issues!

Thanks. I have the deluxe dining plan for myself and was hoping to use some extra credits to treat my parents who are staying in another room to dinner at California Grill. I will cancel deluxe DDP if it won't work because that will be way too much food for me.

Looking forward to hearing your success stories. Have fun!

Day 1:
Lunch at Ale & Compass
3A, 2C
We ordered 3 speciality/drinks, 3 appetizers, 3 entrees and 3 desserts. 3 credits. No issues. Didn't even ask who all was on the plan.

Dinner at Art Smith
5A, 2C
Ordered 4 alcoholic drinks (should note one of adults was a 17 yr old so they said a different adult could have her alcohol).
4 appetizers, 4 entrees, 4 desserts. 4 credits no issue at all. They told us to use the credits however we wanted. My daughter (5) and I split an adult entree. I asked if she could order off the adult menu and they said no problem at all. They were amazing about sharing!

Day 1:
Lunch at Ale & Compass
3A, 2C
We ordered 3 speciality/drinks, 3 appetizers, 3 entrees and 3 desserts. 3 credits. No issues. Didn't even ask who all was on the plan.

Dinner at Art Smith
5A, 2C
Ordered 4 alcoholic drinks (should note one of adults was a 17 yr old so they said a different adult could have her alcohol).
4 appetizers, 4 entrees, 4 desserts. 4 credits no issue at all. They told us to use the credits however we wanted. My daughter (5) and I split an adult entree. I asked if she could order off the adult menu and they said no problem at all. They were amazing about sharing!

This is great! Thanks for taking the time to post a detailed report!

We just returned last night from a week at WDW. I so appreciated the help I received from this thread so I’d like to share our experience to help others. We were a group of 10. Seven adults and three children ages 6, 4 and 2. We had three rooms, one room had the dining plan. That room had four adults and 1 child. We did the DxDP. We experienced absolutely no problems with sharing. As has been said the credits are pooled. When I asked for a print out of our credits at the front desk it only stated x number of credits, no mention of child or adult. Here are the restaurants we ate at:

Whispering Canyon
Sci-fi Drive In
Akershus
Be Our Guest
Jiko
Chef Mickey
Morimoto
Boma (breakfast and dinner)

On another note I don’t think we will do the dining plan again anytime soon. The food has declined significantly since we were there last in August 2017. It was so disappointing and definitely not worth the money we spent. Even with sharing the dining credits, we spent close to $5000 on food including tips for the week.

Day 1:
Lunch at Ale & Compass
3A, 2C

Dinner at Art Smith
5A, 2C
So much appreciate the updates please keep them coming!

Glad to hear of all the good reports. I received an email (below) from Disney as further confirmation that credits can be shared.

Russell (Disney)

May 18, 3:07 PM EDT

Dear ****,

Thank you for contacting the Walt Disney World® Resort!

We are so happy to hear you are planning a vacation with us! We appreciate and understand your request to make your vacation as comfortable and enjoyable as possible.

You will be happy to know you can explain that to your server and they will be happy to allocate it that for you.

We hope this clarifies your request and we look forward to seeing you real soon!

If you have any other questions or challenges, please do not hesitate to contact us by calling us at 407-W-DISNEY (407-934-7639) or by chatting with us in the Help Center of the Walt Disney World® website (only available on the US site). Cast Members will be happy to assist you further.

Sincerely,

Russell
eCommerce Sales and Service Team

PLEASE NOTE: All information is subject to change without notice and should be confirmed just prior to your visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts