2019 DXDP - are you allowed to share? Post your ACTUAL experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
We were there from 9/28 - 10/2 - ate at Hollywood and Vine, Be Our Guest, Spice Road Table and Rainforest Cafe - no issues with sharing at any of them.

We just got home today, was at WDW 10/11-19, with Deluxe Dining Plan for 1 adult, 2 kids, and no dining plan for 2nd room of 1 adult and infant. We had no problem sharing credits at the following: Biergarten, Crystal Palace, Cali Grill, Boma, 1900 Park Fare, Garden Grill, Yachtsman, Cape May Cafe (Breakfast), Artist Point, Tusker House, Toledo, Akershus, BOG (lunch), and CRT.

Only at Boma and Akershus, the stopped and asked "Wait, this room is 1 adult and 2 kids?" and I said yes, please take 4 credits, and it was done.

Had DDP (regular) for trip from October 16-22. Had 2 rooms. 2 adults in room A. 1 adult and 1 toddler in room B.

For various reasons, the 1 adult/1 toddler room had 3 table credits left near the end of the stay. We got a same day reservation at Tusker House (just weird time). They didn't even blink when 1 adult/1 toddler paid for all three.

We just got back from Disney World for a 5 night stay. We had a DxDP in a studio room with 2 adults and 2 kids. No issue with sharing credits.

Day 1
Lunch at Homecoming
2 adults and 2 kids. Ordered 2 adults meals using only 2 TS credits and food was shared with the kids
Dinner at Raglan Road
5 adults and 2 kids
Ordered 5 adults meals, used 5 TS credits, kids ate off from the parents

Day 2
Dinner at Akershus
4 adults and 2 kids, used 6 TS credits

Day 3
Dinner at Storybook Dining
7 adults and 2 kids, used 9 TS credits

Day 4
Dinner at Cape May
7 adults and 2 kids, used 9 TS credits

Day 5
Dinner at California Grill
7 adults and 2 kids, used 18 TS credits

Day 6
Breakfast at 1900 Park fare
7 adults and 2 kids, used 9 credits

We got back yesterday. We had two rooms for our party of 8. We purchased the DDP for one room, 3 adults and one child. The other room was also 3 adults and one child. There were no issues with sharing credits. Meals included Biergarten, Ohana, Whispering Canyon, 1900 Park Faire, Boma, Cape May, Tusker House and Trattoria al Forno.

Here now. Sharing deluxe credits across 2 rooms (2 adults in each room 1 room with deluxe plan the other no plan). No problem yesterday at Tony’s using parade package. We also used 2 credits to share 2 meals at homecoming no problem.
Currently at Tuttio Italia wanting to use 3 credits for the 4 of us. Waiter told us absolutely no sharing if on dining plan. Had to use 4 credits. I’ll be going to guest relations after to see what they have to say...

Just got home from 6 nights on the Deluxe plan we had 2 adults in our room and took my daughter who lives in Orlando and wasn’t on our reservation to these places as a 3rd credit with no issue
Ohana-dinner
Trattoria -breakfast
Raglan Road- dinner
leCellier- lunch
Crystal Palace -breakfast
The Edison- Dinner
Liberty Tree Tavern-lunch
Tusker House- breakfast (this one we had trouble with our last trip but no problem at all this time)

Here now. Sharing deluxe credits across 2 rooms (2 adults in each room 1 room with deluxe plan the other no plan). No problem yesterday at Tony’s using parade package. We also used 2 credits to share 2 meals at homecoming no problem.
Currently at Tuttio Italia wanting to use 3 credits for the 4 of us. Waiter told us absolutely no sharing if on dining plan. Had to use 4 credits. I’ll be going to guest relations after to see what they have to say...
Please share your response with Guest Services. It is my understanding that Tuttio Italia isn't a Disney owned restaurant, but does accept the dining plan. We had same issue, but just paid the credits necessary.

Please share your response with Guest Services. It is my understanding that Tuttio Italia isn't a Disney owned restaurant, but does accept the dining plan. We had same issue, but just paid the credits necessary.

Asked at guest services at Epcot. Girl said she never heard of that so she went to ask someone. Came back a few minutes later and told us it might be because they have an extra plate charge for sharing. I didn’t push the subject but I am going to send Disney an email. I totally get the extra plate charge but I don’t recall seeing that anywhere on the menu nor was it explained to us that way at the restaurant. We were only told no sharing food if on the dining plan. We have the credits to use but ended up ordering way more food than we could eat!
We have 11 more sit down meals we plan on either sharing food or using the credits across both rooms. I’ll report any more issues and post again at the end of our trip.

Flying back today from our trip. Here’s our recap:

2 adults in one room with deluxe plan, 2 adults in another room with no plan
There was always 4 of us at the meals
I’ll list restaurants and number of credits we used
Tony’s parade package -4
Homecoming -2
Tuttio Italia -HAD to use 4 would not let us share food
Akershus-4
The Plaza-2
Crystal Palace-4
1900 Park Fare-4
Storybook-4
Liberty Tree-4
Cape May-4
Mama Melrose-2
Garden Grill Candlelight Package -8
Be our Guest lunch-3
Sanaa-2
Yak & Yeti-3 (2 would have easily been enough food but it was our last meal and wanted to use up our credits)
We used several snack credits at the Holiday food booths at Epcot (many items were $7 plus)
We had absolutely no issue sharing credits other than Tuttio.

Hi! We just got back. We had one room with DXDP that had 2 adults and one child and a second room with two adults. The only place that said anything at all was Sebastian's at CBR. The server just said that he would do it but not to tell anyone. We also ate at Boma, Saana, Crystal Palace, Liberty tree tavern, Via Napoli, Hollywood brown derby Fantasmic package and Ohana. Absolutely no issues and most places rearranged our drinks for the best value.

Got back yesterday. Two adult on the deluxe plan and two Disney adults who were not on the plan. We had no problems sharing credits at any table service restaurants and were able to use 4 credits at all restaurants with the exception of The Boathouse where we used 8. We ate at the following: Mama Melrose, 50’s Primetime, Tusker House, Yak and Yeti, Teppan Edo, The Boathouse, The Plaza, Sci Fi Dine In, Tutto Italia and Liberty Tree Tavern.

We Just did 4 nights on the deluxe dining plan sharing credits across 2 rooms without issue. Room 1 had the dining plan and had 1 adult and 2 kids, room 2 Without plan had 2 adults.

We ate at:
-tusker house (5 credits used)
-Jiko (6) used 2 credits per adult, paid cash for kids who shared a Kids Meal and ate some of our food too
-Garden grill (5)
-tutto Italia — we used 3 credits and shared all the food; no issues here as a recent post mentioned.
-Sci fi- used 2 credits and shared all the food amongst adults, paid for one kids meal with cash. Portions are huge here
-Boma dinner (5)
-Boma breakfast (3) paid out of pocket for kids
-Crystal palace (5)

Had zero issues using credits for the two adults not on the plan, paying out of pocket for kids food, or using less credits than # of people at the table.

When you track your credits on the app does it say so many snacks, so many adult meals and so many kids meals left or just some many snacks and so many meals ???
I was just wondering ... We where thinking about doing this but I am scared at the last two meals they will say you only have child meals left so we will all be eating nuggets and juice ...
When I asked the chat person online via the dvc site they said we could only use credits for the person they are assigned to period like as if they where going to scan each persons magic band

When you track your credits on the app does it say so many snacks, so many adult meals and so many kids meals left or just some many snacks and so many meals ???
I was just wondering ... We where thinking about doing this but I am scared at the last two meals they will say you only have child meals left so we will all be eating nuggets and juice ...
When I asked the chat person online via the dvc site they said we could only use credits for the person they are assigned to period like as if they where going to scan each persons magic band

This is off topic but I’m too lazy to move it to its own thread

The Deluxe plan only has credits. They are not defined as adult or child.
The regular dining plan TS credits are defined as adult or child. The qs credits are not defined as child or adult.
The chat person you spoke w is an idiot.

Returned yesterday (12/22) with the deluxe dining plan and had no problem sharing anywhere.

We had the deluxe dining plan for one room (2 adults and 2 kids) and successfully shared it with a second room (2 adults, 2 kids)

We paid for everyone in both rooms with the deluxe dining plan from one room and still had credits to spare (we usually just ate granola bars for breakfast that we packed with us ) . Every restaurant seemed to love that we wanted to take all credits from one band. It made it simple for them to Bill. And great for us to split. At sit downs (that weren’t buffets) we usually ordered 6 adult meals to split between the 8 of us. That way we got more appys and deserts. (Obviously buffets used all 8 credits for a meal).

We shared easily at every restaurant including:
TREx
Be our guest lunch
Skipper canteen
Biergarten
Tony’s parade package
Hollywood and vine
Docking bay 7
Sutli
Ohana
Storybook artist point
Mama melrose
California grill (this one we only used credits for adults and paid for kids with a separate credit card).

It worked exactly as I wanted it to work!

Actually, we did order meals for all eight people here (Tony's parade package). We had 4 people on the dining plan, but we used 8 credits to pay for the 8 people dining. I didn't really ask if we could do it differently here because I figured part of what we are paying for is the parade ticket, and we were getting 8 parade tickets, so used 8 credits.

So, just to be clear, the meals that I listed above that we didn't use 8 credits for (even though 8 people were dining) were:
T-Rex (only used 5 adult credits here and shared all food - big appetizers)
Skipper canteen - (used 6 credits here - awesome yummy appetizers)
Mama Melrose (used 6 credits here)
Cali Grill (used 4 credits here and paid for kids meals with separate credit card)
And all the quick service we only ordered 4-6 meals too (BOG, Sutli, DB7)

All the rest of the meals we used 8 credits per meal for the 8 people dining (even though only 4 were on the dining plan)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!