Pumbaa_

>Hakuna Matata!<
we are starting to see conflicting experiences on sharing credits for 2019

If you shared credits or had issues please indicate
Which restaurant
Date
What plan booked and table makeup

And anything else relevant

Following. We only had issues at 50’s when we were there the last week of Christmas. But that was all for 2018 except for a couple of days in January and we had no issues then either.

Thanks for making this sticky. I've been eagerly reading information as we are a group of 5 adults, 3 kids, and 2 infants in 3 rooms across 2 hotels, who are dining together. Which we also did last year in January.

We were planning on getting the DxDP for ourselves (2 adults, 1 kid, 1 infant) and "treating" others in our group to meals just as we would with cash. We're DVC, so we have about another week to add the plan if we want to, but I would certainly change A LOT for us.

We had no intention of using kid credits for adults, and would happily use our credits in the right "category", but not being able to "Pay for" another diner with credits would mean we'd drop a lot of pricier meals off of our list.

The reason is that even the cheaper sit down meals would be hardships for the rest of our extended family. We could pay for their meals out of pocket, but by paying in cash/credit/gift card it's going to come with all the negativity that always comes with the check to a family dinner (i.e. Them feeling like they owe us, even if we say they don't, or conversely them feeling bitter that we *forced* them to go to a fancier place just to give them "charity".) Using credits gave us an easy out to say, "Oh, but these are just credits that came with our package and there are so many of them we couldn't possibly use them all, so you're really helping *us* eat all this food!".

This sticky will be super helpful!

I don't understand. We are also DDP, but my mother is Deluxe, so we use my adult credits for buffets & hers for restaurants where we get an appetizer, then I pay for her QS. From what we saw, it was actually easier for the servers than splitting the bills. We won't be able to do that anymore?

I don't understand. We are also DDP, but my mother is Deluxe, so we use my adult credits for buffets & hers for restaurants where we get an appetizer, then I pay for her QS. From what we saw, it was actually easier for the servers than splitting the bills. We won't be able to do that anymore?

Right now it looks like you may not. Is your mother alone in her room? If so, she'll only be able to "purchase" one meal instead of purchasing for the whole table.

Right now it looks like you may not. Is your mother alone in her room? If so, she'll only be able to "purchase" one meal instead of purchasing for the whole table.

Is that written into the rules somewhere for 2019? Doesn't make sense for her to pay to upgrade if we can't pool credits. We'd probably drop Signature meals then.

Is that written into the rules somewhere for 2019? Doesn't make sense for her to pay to upgrade if we can't pool credits. We'd probably drop Signature meals then.

It's not written anywhere and no one knows why they're suddenly saying you can't do it. The managers that have been quoted are using the "non-transferrable" line in the fine print of the PDF. It's unfortunate for those of you with upcoming trips, because it still seems to be hit or miss. If you have time, hold off on the upgrade and keep an eye here for how this shakes out.

To throw a wrench in, I just read this on Disney tourist blog “Those on the Deluxe Plan may officially mix their adult and child credits, meaning that child credits may be used for adult entrees. This has long been an unofficial loophole (and remains one for the lower tiers of the plans), but it’s now officially allowed on the Deluxe Plan.”

I give that as much credence as I do my cousins friends sisters aunts hair dresser told me....

I am collecting actual experiences. I know what we have been doing the last 2 years. Now I am reading here and there conflicting real like actual feedback.

To be honest, starting to think disney is changing the rule book after suckering us all in. I hope not

I have been on the phone with Guest Services. I called the main Disney number and spoke with a woman who had never heard of sharing deluxe credits or paying for others meals with your credits. I told her this was done all the time but things seem to be changing. I was asking about downgrading the dining on my one room (booked on Stay,Play and Dine) to either Standard plan or counter service plan and pay OOP for the other meals on my other room. I didn't want to lose the discount on the tickets and room part. This lady sent me to Guest Services and the CM there told me that Yes, she knew what I was taking about and Yes, she had heard they were only going to be allowing the number of people in the room tied to dining to use that number of credits.
She has quoted me pricing (or a close estimate because she couldn't see exact pricing unless she actually downgraded it) and I am trying to run numbers on that now. I don't want to have dining be such an issue every time we sit down to eat.
I had posted another thread asking about if anyone knows if pooling of CS credits is still done since the first of the year and was directed to watch this thread so wanted to post that question here:

I am going crazy trying to figure out what we need to do for our trip in 3 weeks. Had the deluxe plan on one room and nothing on second room and was going to share credits (my oldest child, her husband and 2 kids are in one room and my husband, youngest and me in the second). After seeing how things may have changed I don't know if I want to fool with the hassle of arguing at every meal to use the credits how we choose and using 6 at a buffet when 3 are on the one reservation attached to dining credits.
I was considering downgrading to regular or counter service plan and paying OOP for the others. Would consider all OOP dining but the one room is booked on Stay, Play and Dine so I don't want to lose the discount on the room.
All that to say has anyone been since the first of the year to see if CS credits are still pooled and you can use kids CS credits for adult meals as it has been before?
18 days out and Im freaking out!!

hi All. Ive copied a reply from another thread and posted it here. I was asked some specifics regarding adults and children.

And what was the size and makeup of your
We were 3 adults on the deluxe dining plan in one room and two adults in the second room. I had deluxe for three adults.
There were no children involved at all.

We ate at: cape May. Raglan Road. Maya grill. Trex. Askerhus. Le cellier Chefs de France. Rainforest cafe. Rix sports bar. Planet Hollywood. House of blues. California Grill. Whispering canyon. Hollywood and vine. Brian derby. Tutto. Paradiso. Be our guest breakfast and lunch. (These really were no issue). Cinderella’s royal table. Liberty tree tavern. Mama Melrose. Sci fi. San Angel. 50’s prime time. Crystal palace. We were there for 14 nights.

50’s was an absolute no along with house of blues California Grill, tutto and Paradiso. The rest all required manager approval.

Hope this helps. Again I just returned. I’m editing to add that I understand your question about children but I want to really be specific here- I purchased a deluxe dining plan for three adults The other two were also adults. My kids are all over 24 years old.

The problem came right away when the band was scanned and it came up with three adults and we were five at the table.

And we were just there in April over spring break. I had the exact same makeup and I literally had no issues so I was very surprised this trip.

MAYBE I had issues since it was 12/21 to 1/4 meaning Christmas to New Years??? But the experience was so different. In April there were ZERO issues and Christmas was a problem every time.

Following- we leave in 2.5 weeks. DVC. DxDP on 1 room for 3 people, 2nd room has 6 people with no plan. Both rooms have a mix of adults and kids. I have planned out our credits sharing meals and spent so much time on this... I will be extremely disappointed if this doesn’t work out, and I’m not sure how we will spend all 81 credits if we are only allowed to use 3 credits (the number of people in the room with DxDP) at each ADR for 9 people (if I’m interpreting these reports correctly). I feel like there should be some lead time if Disney is making such a big change that affects people’s plans so drastically, and I am not up for changing our entire plan 2 weeks out. Also, my extended family cannot afford these meals without sharing the DxDP... ie if the restaurants limits us to 3 credits, my extended family will likely leave the restaurant and do quick service rather than paying OOP for these expensive TS meals. Does anyone have any words of reassurance? I have Boma, Ohana, Tusker House ROL, Mama Melrose F!, 1900 Park Fare, Akershus, Raglan Road, Rose and Crown, Jungle Navigation Co Skipper Canteen, Sanaa, Bob Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria. Very worried...

Last edited:
@diskids2 - Could you walk us through exactly what happened at 50s PT?

You sit. They ask if you’re on a dining plan. You say yes. They scan your band. They see 3 people in a room but 5 people at the table. What is said after that? How many meals did you order? How did you end up paying?

I hate to bug you with so many questions but you are the only one that’s actually been told no so I’m interested in seeing the full story.

Thanks!

@diskids2 - Could you walk us through exactly what happened at 50s PT?

You sit. They ask if you’re on a dining plan. You say yes. They scan your band. They see 3 people in a room but 5 people at the table. What is said after that? How many meals did you order? How did you end up paying?

I hate to bug you with so many questions but you are the only one that’s actually been told no so I’m interested in seeing the full story.

Thanks!

We sit. They ask if we are on dining plan. We let them scan the magic band that has the deluxe plan on it. We then put in our pin. Give scanner back. They say name of person who gave the band. They see three adults on deluxe and they see total number of entitlements left.
Then they ask who else (the other two) is on the plan. We say we want to use 5 entitlements. The server says we can’t do that anymore.

I go into my polite speech that we gave not had a problem doing this...

Server says we’re were told about a month ago that we can’t share dining plan credits.

Then at 50’s I said can you get the manager. Sometimes the server would say let me see what I can do

At 50’s the manager came to the table and very politely said only the three on the dining plan can use it. I put up the level of argument that I had in me at the moment :) and didn’t win.

I paid for my other two adult children out of pocket. The manager gave me a FP for my trouble.

In all cases if the manager cane to the table we had to pay OOP. if ther server came back we were told they were making an exception for us. This happened in every TS or some slight variation

The buffet places did not immediately scan our bands. But when they got around to it...the still said who is on the plan at the table. When I said we want to use 5 they had to get approval.

I hope this helps.

I’m adding....in April we had the same thing and usually the servers even asked us how many entitlements we were using. It was just very different.

I find it very disheartening that this is an issue, but disney has not made any announcement about it (feels like a universal way to handle things). I asked if using credits for other people not on plan is allowed to Disney's mom panel, since it seems like even when people reach out to disney they get very different answers (not that mom panel is very official but it will put the response in writing for the world to see) Not being able to use my adult credit for another adult meal does not cause the restaurant to lose money so it seems like a pretty pointless move. They should just divide adult and child credits like they do for other meal plans if adults using child credits is the problem. Also, is this an issue for people on the regular plan or just deluxe specifically? And not that people usually use table service for quick service but let us just say for example that I'm a hungry person and i use two credits to get two meals at a counter service and they have no clue at how many people are eating? Or say there are 3 people eating at a table service and 3 people on the plan but we order 4 meals and want to use 4 credits? Or I want to use an adult credit for a child to eat at an all you care to eat (where they clearly are making money off that one).I'm just throwing out scenarios because they would need to say no to all to make their argument plausible.

Furthermore, every dining plan pdf that i looked at since the dawn of time has stated they couldn't be transferred, they all state "You can redeem your meals and snacks in any order during your stay, until the number of meals and snacks associated with your package has been depleted" and the last time the words "You may not redeem meals or snacks for any Guests who are not on your Disney Dining Plan" was 2014. so if i can use them in anyway i wish until they are depleted, that means if i had x number of dining credits and use same x number of dining credits on day one, that is on me.

I am a very frequent visitor to Disney and have shared the Dxddp between rooms. Have done so in January, May and October of 2018. It was only during my Dec trip that I was questioned at H&V. A manager finally approved but I was definitely left with a bad feeling about sharing going forward. I am not adding ANY DP to our March trip. We will pay oop and eat almost exclusively cs.

Following- we leave in 2.5 weeks. DVC. DxDP on 1 room for 3 people, 2nd room has 6 people with no plan. Both rooms have a mix of adults and kids. I have planned out our credits sharing meals and spent so much time on this... I will be extremely disappointed if this doesn’t work out, and I’m not sure how we will spend all 81 credits if we are only allowed to use 3 credits (the number of people in the room with DxDP) at each ADR for 9 people (if I’m interpreting these reports correctly). I feel like there should be some lead time if Disney is making such a big change that affects people’s plans so drastically, and I am not up for changing our entire plan 2 weeks out. Also, my extended family cannot afford these meals without sharing the DxDP... ie if the restaurants limits us to 3 credits, my extended family will likely leave the restaurant and do quick service rather than paying OOP for these expensive TS meals. Does anyone have any words of reassurance? I have Boma, Ohana, Tusker House ROL, Mama Melrose F!, 1900 Park Fare, Akershus, Raglan Road, Rose and Crown, Jungle Navigation Co Skipper Canteen, Sanaa, Bob Voyage Breakfast at Trattoria. Very worried...

I know this is not ideal, but there MAY be a work around for you (and anyone else). See if you can break up your party into groups of 3 and make 3 separate ADRs. At this late date, I'm sure it won't be easy, but it's worth a try. You sit at 3 different tables and just make sure each table has a band (and the pin) from the room with the plan. You would then have 3 people using 3 credits, just like we're now being told is the only way to "share" the plan.

I know this is not ideal, but there MAY be a work around for you (and anyone else). See if you can break up your party into groups of 3 and make 3 separate ADRs. At this late date, I'm sure it won't be easy, but it's worth a try. You sit at 3 different tables and just make sure each table has a band (and the pin) from the room with the plan. You would then have 3 people using 3 credits, just like we're now being told is the only way to "share" the plan.

We are going in 2 weeks and are trying to figure out what to do. Initially, we were getting the Deluxe Dining Plan and using credits from 1 room to feed everyone in 2 rooms, just as we've done in the past. Now we're re-evaluating everything given this new info. I have an email into Disney but who knows when/if I'll hear back. I was just thinking about this and thought if we were seated at different tables it shouldn't be an issue. Which if you keep thinking about it is ridiculous! you have to sit at different tables to "redeem your meals in any order during your stay" This may be a way to do it but this late in the game I'm sure we're not going to get reservations at all our TS meals so we're rethinking our plans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!