2019 DXDP - are you allowed to share? Post your ACTUAL experiences

Status
Not open for further replies.
Visited from 6/27-7/9
2A,2C on the DXDDP, had a 3rd adult come in for 4 days & we shared our credits for all of their meals. All restaurants let the children order adult meals except for Tiffins (waiter wouldn’t budge when we asked 🤷🏼‍♀️). At Crystal Palace, the waitress seemed very weirded out when I asked to pay for our guest with our credits, but she eventually let it go & said “I didn’t do this.” No issues anywhere else.

We ate at:
Chef Mickey
BOG
Tusker House
Tiffins
Storybook Dining
Mama Melrose
Brown Derby
Boma
Yachtsman Steakhouse
California Grill
Crystal Palace
Trattoria al Forno
Jiko
Tokyo Dining
Coral Reef
Yak & Yeti
Rainforest Cafe (AK)

Someone may have posted this in the thread and I've missed it:

When you've had the DxDP with children and shared across, if you ordered all adult meals for people in another room, what did the kids eat? Did you pay OOP for the kids meals or did they also use a credit?

Quick question, I see everyone is referring to sharing the deluxe dining plan. I’m going for a week in November, 3 adults in our room, we’re getting the middle dining plan- ts/qs/2snacks. My Son and his GF are coming for the long weekend, 3 days, and staying in their own room w/o a dining plan. I planned on sharing our ts credits with them while they are there. Will this work or does sharing only work on the deluxe plan? We should have plenty of ts credits to share as we’ll do the majority of eating at wine and dine using snack credits. TIA

Quick question, I see everyone is referring to sharing the deluxe dining plan. I’m going for a week in November, 3 adults in our room, we’re getting the middle dining plan- ts/qs/2snacks. My Son and his GF are coming for the long weekend, 3 days, and staying in their own room w/o a dining plan. I planned on sharing our ts credits with them while they are there. Will this work or does sharing only work on the deluxe plan? We should have plenty of ts credits to share as we’ll do the majority of eating at wine and dine using snack credits. TIA

Sharing the regular plan works as well as long as you've bought all adult meals and are sharing among other adults in another room. The DxDP gets weird because you can pay child prices for the young children in a party, yet share their TS credits with adults in another room. It gets a little weird feeling.

The regular DDP is straightforward so no worries there. Last year, I bought my parents some TS meals on my DDP. They were staying in a room without a plan.

Only the dxdp has pooled adult/child credits. This is not the case for regular ddp

When you've had the DxDP with children and shared across, if you ordered all adult meals for people in another room, what did the kids eat? Did you pay OOP for the kids meals or did they also use a credit?

We have done both. If it is a character meal or dinner show, we usually use credits to cover the kids meals since they are still fairly expensive. But at other TS or QS restaurants I will just pay for the kids OOP. I just calculate how many credits I need for the whole trip, determine how many meals need to be paid for, and pay for the least expensive kids meals OOP.

Sharing the regular plan works as well as long as you've bought all adult meals and are sharing among other adults in another room. The DxDP gets weird because you can pay child prices for the young children in a party, yet share their TS credits with adults in another room. It gets a little weird feeling.

The regular DDP is straightforward so no worries there. Last year, I bought my parents some TS meals on my DDP. They were staying in a room without a plan.
Thanks!

Just reading the end of this thread...I am confused...how can you share meals that everyone is supposed to have a meal...like at a buffet? What am I missing? I thought in order to make a reservation everyone at the table of a buffet has to pay?

No we did not share buffet meals as that is not allowed anywhere. I shared our dining credits from one room, with people from a different room. For example a room with 2 adults and 2 children with the deluxe dining plan on the room, used credits from that room to pay for 7 people to dine. Used 7 credits for 7 people.

Has anyone had issues lately sharing at 50’s Prime Time?

Yes I have. We have shared credits on four trips and at many many different restaurants and 50's was the one place that we had a problem. The manager came out and was adamant that we not share, but I politely pushed back stating and showing that the rules stated that we can use our credits in any order throughout the trip. He reluctantly agreed. Others have had problems there too and were unable to persuade the manager to their side. Others were able to be reimbursed after the fact. We have simply crossed that restaurant off our list as its not worth the hassle and was stressful. Not sure why but there and Hollywood and Vine are the two places that I have heard of problems. Our experience at 50's happened in December of 2018 so not sure if things have changed since then.

Yes I have. We have shared credits on four trips and at many many different restaurants and 50's was the one place that we had a problem. The manager came out and was adamant that we not share, but I politely pushed back stating and showing that the rules stated that we can use our credits in any order throughout the trip. He reluctantly agreed. Others have had problems there too and were unable to persuade the manager to their side. Others were able to be reimbursed after the fact. We have simply crossed that restaurant off our list as its not worth the hassle and was stressful. Not sure why but there and Hollywood and Vine are the two places that I have heard of problems. Our experience at 50's happened in December of 2018 so not sure if things have changed since then.
Thank you for your reply. That is disappointing that they caused such a stink over it. Maybe it was because it was back when they started trying to crack down? I wonder if anyone has had any more recent experiences. We have an ADR there for this coming December and we plan on sharing credits.......

Currently here at Disney 8/17-8/24. We have total of 9 (infant, 3kids, 5adults). one room with ddxp. No issues at garden grill, Biergarten, coral reef, yachtsmen, chef Mickey, and California Grill. My in laws joined us at California Grill for 7 adults and the kids paid OOP for the kids meal. The server at the end of our meal at California Grill reminded us that we only have 2 adult and 2 kids on our Ddxp and told us that we ‘should be careful’ because it’s against regulation to share our dinning credits.

@pumbaa, I don’t think this (in general), is so much of a loophole, as it is Disney not enforcing their own policies. Guests can choose whether to follow the rules or not.

I know that this is not "In the Park" experience but I was told today on the phone while adding the DxDP to my 2 Adult/1 Infant room that if we wanted to order 6 entrees and use all 6 of our TS credits at one meal we could and it didn't matter who was sitting at the table eating with us.

Trip last week-9/17 to9/25- no issues

We had one room with 1 adult and 1 child on Deluxe dining plan. For all meals, 6 of us showed up (5 adults/1 child). One of the adults was a Disney adult so anywhere else would eat off child’s menu. She also doesn’t eat much so didn’t want a bigger portion so we never asked.

Raglan road- we ordered 2 adult meals, put 2 children meals on credit (their suggestion I think). So we shared both in splitting meals and sharing credits.

Cinderella’s Royal table- “adult” ordered child’s meal- no problem

Tusker house- no problems

Prime time cafe- no issues- adult ordered kids meal. The actual 4 adults split 2 meals.

Sci-fi dine in- a little weird- he scanned my band as well as the band with the credits on it. Also, my 8 year old wanted to just eat my appetizer, no kids meal and the waiter said that was not allowed. We used 5 credits total here and wished we had used 3 or 4 because a lot of wasted food.

Sanaa- best service- we had 5 credits remaining and ended up with 7 people eating. He gave kids full sized appetizers as well as what’s on the kids meal and gave us 6 desserts because one of the couples who split a credit said well, I wanted the candy bar but he wants the mousse so we are getting the mousse. The waiter brought out the candy bar and was like this is just too good to miss.

So, splitting worked well-we had pretty much exactly the right amount of table service credits. The other room had quick service credits (free dining) and we did not use all those credits. But considering we stayed at pop, even if we only used half of the credits, that was still the best discount possible. And we got souvenirs for all our co-workers with the transfer at the end. So, while we could have done with less credits and would not have bought $100 in snacks, it was still nice perk at end.

Visited WDW 9/29 to 10/2:
We had the Deluxe Dining Plan. We stayed at AofA. The room was booked with 2 adults (my sister and I) and 1 infant (19 months old). We paid for DxDP for two adults for three nights and did not have to pay for the infant. This gave us 18 TS credits. My mother and youngest sister joined us at each meal every day.

Day 1
Via Napoli Lunch- I was concerned about this one because of what everyone was saying but it went pretty flawlessly. I only planned to use 2 credits during this meal. Using credits, we ordered two appetizers: stuffed artichokes and calamari, two personal pizzas, and two desserts. Using cash, I ordered one small side salad for my mom and youngest sister to ‘split’ and a child’s mac and cheese for my niece. All 4 of us shared the apps, salad, pizza, and desserts without even a sideways glance. My magic band was scanned to take the credits. Absolutely no problem here whatsoever.
Akershus Princess Dinner- All 5 of us sitting at the table. We used 4 credits and my niece was able to choose her own kid’s meal gratis because she was under 2. They scanned my magic band. No problems whatsoever.

Day 2
The Crystal Palace Breakfast- All 5 of us at the table. 4 credits used. Infant ate free. No issues whatsoever.
Be Our Guest Dinner – All 5 of us at the table. This was the only meal that we had to pay for our infant to eat. I thought it was a little strange that we had to pay the full $36 for her to eat some grapes from the fruit platter we ordered for her, but it was nice that she got her own little artist’s palette to paint Chip for dessert. We used 8 credits here with no issue scanning my magic band for all 4 of us.

Overall, we had zero issues sharing food (not at the buffets) and sharing credits on this trip.

Visited WDW 9/29 to 10/2:
We had the Deluxe Dining Plan. We stayed at AofA. The room was booked with 2 adults (my sister and I) and 1 infant (19 months old). We paid for DxDP for two adults for three nights and did not have to pay for the infant. This gave us 18 TS credits. My mother and youngest sister joined us at each meal every day.

Day 1
Via Napoli Lunch- I was concerned about this one because of what everyone was saying but it went pretty flawlessly. I only planned to use 2 credits during this meal. Using credits, we ordered two appetizers: stuffed artichokes and calamari, two personal pizzas, and two desserts. Using cash, I ordered one small side salad for my mom and youngest sister to ‘split’ and a child’s mac and cheese for my niece. All 4 of us shared the apps, salad, pizza, and desserts without even a sideways glance. My magic band was scanned to take the credits. Absolutely no problem here whatsoever.
Akershus Princess Dinner- All 5 of us sitting at the table. We used 4 credits and my niece was able to choose her own kid’s meal gratis because she was under 2. They scanned my magic band. No problems whatsoever.

Day 2
The Crystal Palace Breakfast- All 5 of us at the table. 4 credits used. Infant ate free. No issues whatsoever.
Be Our Guest Dinner – All 5 of us at the table. This was the only meal that we had to pay for our infant to eat. I thought it was a little strange that we had to pay the full $36 for her to eat some grapes from the fruit platter we ordered for her, but it was nice that she got her own little artist’s palette to paint Chip for dessert. We used 8 credits here with no issue scanning my magic band for all 4 of us.

Overall, we had zero issues sharing food (not at the buffets) and sharing credits on this trip.
As a rule, you are not changed for an infant as long as they eat off of your plate or if you're at a buffet. As soon as you order something special for them at a regular restaurant you may be charged. I guess I would not have expected it from a prix fixe restaurant like Be Our Guest. If you're still there I would bring it up to the front desk of your resort because I don't think you should have been charged.

As a rule, you are not changed for an infant as long as they eat off of your plate or if you're at a buffet. As soon as you order something special for them at a regular restaurant you may be charged. I guess I would not have expected it from a prix fixe restaurant like Be Our Guest. If you're still there I would bring it up to the front desk of your resort because I don't think you should have been charged.
I’m surprised as well, when our DGS was under three every place we went (TS) offered him a free meal including Via Napoli.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!